• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Best Fortean YouTube Channels

She used to post on this forum under the name JayceDovee (I'm sure I've spelled that incorrectly, can a fellow forum member tell me the correct spelling please?).

One we get the correct spelling, you should be able to search her and read her old posts.
Jayceedove.

I've been enjoying the tales on the Beyond Creepy youtube channel. A lot of stories I have not previously heard.

An example of the channel's videos:

Great p;erplexing tale and a new one on me!What I find irritating, though, about these sort of Youtube channels is their visual component.

In effect, all that we have here is a story narrated by the host. However, as it is a Youtube product a need is felt to televisualise everything. So the narrator mentions a road and we see a road, a house and we see a house, a grey sky and we asee a grey sky and so on.

It is obvious, however, that the author has just strung together a series of stock images taken from random places on the net and that few, if any, of the pictures that you see show the real places being mentioned. This is most obvious in the image which accompanies the mention of the family's country residence - which looks like a modern mansion of the kind that would be owned by the superich and sometime after 1974 at that, not your typical British country house.

At least with `heritage media` TV documentaries, there was some sense of responsibiltyy in the crew physically travelling to the locations mentioned in whatever the story was - and any `reconstruction scenes` or `artists depictions` were usually labelled as such.

Last edited:
I am very wary of watching anything that has the word 'creepy' in the title. I want 'thought provoking' or 'interesting'. I live on my own two doors down from a graveyard (although it is a very peaceful graveyard, when the cats start fighting in there at one in the morning I can believe in the risen dead) so I want stories that make me think, not too scared to go to bed.

I've just discovered this and it's fascinating:

KyotoRobato

https://www.youtube.com/@kyotorobato

KyotoRobato is a YouTube channel dedicated to introducing the strangest mysteries and cases from Japan--most of which have never been covered before. If you are interested in learning about unresolved crimes, bizarre incidents, and unsolved mysteries about Japan, make sure you subscribe for more.

The latest video:

I've just discovered this and it's fascinating:

KyotoRobato

https://www.youtube.com/@kyotorobato

KyotoRobato is a YouTube channel dedicated to introducing the strangest mysteries and cases from Japan--most of which have never been covered before. If you are interested in learning about unresolved crimes, bizarre incidents, and unsolved mysteries about Japan, make sure you subscribe for more.

The latest video:

Cool, thanks for sharing and I've just subscribed to the channel :salute:.

I see Alex Yap-Young has put out another video on his channel - it's "7 theories that may explain paranormal activity" and I think you'll find it very informed and interesting. It reminded me of some of the discussions on the Uncanny podcast/programme cases. He's drily amusing too. I recommend :)

I see Alex Yap-Young has put out another video on his channel - it's "7 theories that may explain paranormal activity" and I think you'll find it very informed and interesting. It reminded me of some of the discussions on the Uncanny podcast/programme cases. He's drily amusing too. I recommend :)
Good stuff and thanks for that. When he goes on talk about the feeling of pressure on someone's chest, I wonder if that's connected to the folklore of not letting a cat sleep on your chest because it will suck your breath out?.

Back