• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Best Fortean YouTube Channels

Cherrybomb

Justified & Ancient
I'm getting into Fortean topic you tube videos, but I want some inspiration on the better ones, please!

I'm not recommending the channel itself but I did watch this video earlier, it's Alan Godfrey speaking about his famous UFO / abduction experience. He comes across as pretty hard headed and he's not convinced that the bit that emerged under hypnosis actually happened.. he's quite open about the fact that he was / became interested in sci-fi / ufos and could have brought details from things he'd read or seen.

Also (which I hadn't seen before in programmes like Strange But True), he talks about what happened afterwards when the police service didn't seem terribly supportive.

you will like it I'm sure.

I've been watching Final 24 lately. Quite well-made. Docos about the final 24hrs in famous people's lives.
just type final 24 into the Youtube search engine.

I always enjoy re-watching some of the old Ghost Hunter episodes. I liked that series; it was quite - well, almost cosy, not completely overt-the-top.

Castle Ghosts of Ireland

There are probably some more knocking around that I like to go back to; I don't know if they'd be of interest, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting into Fortean topic you tube videos, but I want some inspiration on the better ones, please!
There are a lot of ghost/paranormal research groups which got their own YT channels. But beware, some of them are fake/humor channels. A search on Google should reveal if they are serious.

Here's a serious one:
EctoVision Paranormal

Last edited:
I still enjoy watching old episodes of Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=arthur c clarke mysterious world full episodes

Ripley's 'Believe It Or Not' episodes are also good fun :)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ripley's believe it or not full episodes

Along the same lines, the In Search Of... vintage episodes are quality, just the facts accounts. Plus you get the dulcet tones of Leonard Nimoy telling you about them. Loads are on YT.

Hey Cherrybomb. To be honest I wouldn't bother with You Tube. Get stuck into some podcasts. Have a search on here as there's a few threads.

However -Mysterious Universe, Blurry Photos, Higherside Chats are all good starting places :)

Urban Legends: The Curious Case Of Edward Mordake .. edit: these days it would be relatively easy for a skilled prosthetic make up artist to fake this, I haven't seen any examples before John Chambers and/or Dick Smith that could sculpt something this convincing but that was as recently as the 1960's to 1970's .. I'm going to 'stick my neck out' and go with real on this photo .. it's said that the poor bastard had to listen to his other face whisper twisted stuff to him and laugh, Edward poisoned himself when he was 23 ..

Last edited:
Perhaps the real-life inspiration for Lord Voldemort?

Perhaps the real-life inspiration for Lord Voldemort?
I remember also reading somewhere (probably Fortean Times) that the expressions 'Kiss my ass/arse' and 'two faced' refer to the devil who had two faces, apparently his other face was on his arse according to the former legend .. so, to kiss the devil ..

Urban Legends: The Curious Case Of Edward Mordake .. edit: these days it would be relatively easy for a skilled prosthetic make up artist to fake this, I haven't seen any examples before John Chambers and/or Dick Smith that could sculpt something this convincing but that was as recently as the 1960's to 1970's .. I'm going to 'stick my neck out' and go with real on this photo .. it's said that the poor bastard had to listen to his other face whisper twisted stuff to him and laugh, Edward poisoned himself when he was 23 ..

Gruesome but fascinating... and not a bad presentation.

Hey Cherrybomb. To be honest I wouldn't bother with You Tube. Get stuck into some podcasts. Have a search on here as there's a few threads.

However -Mysterious Universe, Blurry Photos, Higherside Chats are all good starting places :)

Could I also suggest Las Podcast on the Left. It's not for the easily offended, but tits both very funny and very well-researched. They cover things like Satanic Panic, Magick, conspiracy theories and serial killers, so there;s something for everyone.

Thinking Sideways is also good for mysteries. They even did an episode on everyone's favourite talking mongoose.

I quite like these videos for watching in the background at work. Short, pretty overly dramatic and just a basic recap of the main facts usually but there have been a few videos that cropped up on here about interesting things I had never heard of before.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ConspiracyStuff

These are better than most (again, not so much channels, but you might get some leads from them)

apologies to regulars who'll probably have seen me recommend them before.

Last edited by a moderator:
as ive been doing a lot of interior renovation at henry towers over last few months ive had youtube on in the background and come across a few good channels for weirdness, and a plethora of tamam shuds

someone mentioned top5s, beyond science is good but recently taken a dip ... beyond creepy is a great canadian-based channel, and he draws stuff from a lot of sources, so even though its harvested from elsewhere, as ultimately it all is, ive hardly if ever heard any of it before or since (ie not a bunch of reddits) ...

ha, our beyond creepy posts crossed, it is awesome ... if a little too canadian

Yeah - I discovered Beyond Creepy myself a while ago and I initially thought it was possibly a video form of presenting creepypasta stories. However, after doing some searches I found that they are just retelling mysterious cases that they'd picked up from other sources. It's quite well done and the narrator does his job better than most of the (frankly irritating) voiceover artists on other channels. Recommended.

I liked the Ryan Dunn ghost episode .. I can't imagine collecting bits of the car wreck though.

top5s is great, i think hes only a youngster, i noticed that dorsetghosthunters have been ripping him off of late, even down to the channel logo ... surely some of these guys are on here ?

re-posting from another thread...

Richplanet

http://www.richplanet.net/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQwCjFkhLbdpsu1xUDm7oGA

Love this guy. Used to be on Edge Media TV and Showcase TV but got banned for his controversial views and guests, and is now Youtube only. Just started a new series, and has already covered the false flag Westminster and Manchester attacks, and the real reasons behind Tim Farron MP's resignation in the first episode. His Madeline Mcann documentaries are works of art.

Ian R Crane
https://www.youtube.com/user/ianrcrane

Ex-oil industry guy now campaigns against fracking in his "Fracking Nightmare" show, and covers current events in "Humanity vs Insanity". Very eloquent and thoughtful stuff.

The Juice Media
https://www.youtube.com/user/thejuicemedia

Topical activist comedy from Australia. They don't do it anymore, but the highlight is The Rap News, which are brilliant both lyrically and melodically, and cover all kinds of conspiracy-ish Fortean topics.

Back