• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Best Fortean YouTube Channels

One of those clickbait looking '5 weirdest unexplained monsters' videos but I quite enjoyed this one .. the voice over's a bit irritating though .. (I've no idea why there's a picture of someone in a werewolf suit on some stairs though) ..

My take of the above video, with a bit of tong in cheek.
The last one is a mangy moon bear cub. The Tsunamy 'creature' seems to be foamy water. As for the first one, it could be a large conger eel. The Ningen on the photo... Looks like a difformed white bear caught on google Earth, if it is possible on the north pole. And a manta ray type of fish in a dodgy light, on the video. As for the creature of Portugal, could be a lost brit tourist after as few! (Just kidding) or more likely someone in a suit and on stilts. It doesn't seem to move its hands. They are just hanging on its side.

For cryptids/wolf men in particular I liek this channel

Hasn't been updated in a little bit unfortunately

One of those clickbait looking '5 weirdest unexplained monsters' videos but I quite enjoyed this one .. the voice over's a bit irritating though .. (I've no idea why there's a picture of someone in a werewolf suit on some stairs though) ..

1. Giant eel... or an anaconda. That begs the question of what an anaconda is doing in Iceland. Escaped a freighter?
2. The footage is of a stingray.
3. Haku from Spirited Away.
4. Guy in a suit walking on tiptoes.
5. Mangy moon bear confirmed.

Remember Strange but True hosted by Michael Aspel? Still find those enjoyable on YouTube

I've been enjoying these guys. Entertaining story tellers who could be my neighbors. Actually Coonbo is from a community not far from me.

It's a polar bear. I think there's been a glitch in the automatic photo splicing software, and it's missed out the bear's front legs - joining the head onto the bear's hindquarters.
hqdefault.jpg

That...or as you say, malformed.

The problem with that theory is that the splicing is smooth both on the animal and the enviroment around. There should be a vertical splice in the photo where the cut is supposed to be. Nothing seems to have been removed or covered by a splice in the photo. If anything it's possible the "creature" was created separately and pasted into the photo.

Urban Legends: The Curious Case Of Edward Mordake .. edit: these days it would be relatively easy for a skilled prosthetic make up artist to fake this, I haven't seen any examples before John Chambers and/or Dick Smith that could sculpt something this convincing but that was as recently as the 1960's to 1970's .. I'm going to 'stick my neck out' and go with real on this photo .. it's said that the poor bastard had to listen to his other face whisper twisted stuff to him and laugh, Edward poisoned himself when he was 23 ..

Didn't Mordrake "live" in 1895?

At the risk of being jumped on all over, the surname Mordake reminds me of Mandrake, the plant that resembled humans at the roots ..

Yeah ... Mordrake is the darker, more sinister version ... :evillaugh:

This isn't too bad .. added bonus in that the commentator hasn't got an annoying voice ..

5 Terrifying Wartime Monster Sightings (from The Paranormal Scholar channel)

The one about the soldiers in Afghanistan has got the creepy award. Perhaps because the witnesses are alive and if any investigation of the village was done...seemed like the horrific creature tore them apart. No guess as to what it was.

Makes me glad in a way that there's lots of distance from that place.

Good one Swifty...and I have to sleep soon. :)

Last edited:
I appreciate (and respect why) reputable Forteans might turn their noses up at these 'top 5 creepiest' type Youtube videos (because they're sensationalist and never give enough information) .. but I enjoy them for whaat they are and for those times when I haven't got the attention span for a full documentary .. sort of like those books you read as a kid in the 70's ..

Last edited:
Not sure where to post this one ..

4 creepy McDonalds stories NSFW (and not safe for kids to listen to)

I can't listen to that guy anymore he pronounces ouija like ooo-eee-jaa it's so annoying!
Not as annoying as that American bloke who does similar vids to these, his voice is all over the place and every sentence ends in a stretched out down key ..

Here he is .. his voice does my head in ..

Back