• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Best Fortean YouTube Channels

Canam Missing Project
david paulides lost all his credibility after subscribing to the insane "bluff creek massacre" theory, he only got worse from there, nowdays he believes that all or almost all disappearences in the woods (and even some in cities [!]) are anomalous and that chemtrails are real
quite sad end actually, the phenomena of mysterious disappearences related to "window areas" and UFO/paranormal flaps is a genuine and pretty interesting area of research

david paulides lost all his credibility after subscribing to the insane "bluff creek massacre" theory, he only got worse from there, nowdays he believes that all or almost all disappearences in the woods (and even some in cities [!]) are anomalous and that chemtrails are real
quite sad end actually, the phenomena of mysterious disappearences related to "window areas" and UFO/paranormal flaps is a genuine and pretty interesting area of research

Sure glad I missed this crap . I never even heard anything about "bluff creek massacre" . Just read a few articles nothing concrete though. I am still waiting to get 'Zapped' by a Sasquatch or perhaps 'Taken' by one in Heat [female that is].

Sure glad I missed this crap . I never even heard anything about "bluff creek massacre" . Just read a few articles nothing concrete though. I am still waiting to get 'Zapped' by a Sasquatch or perhaps 'Taken' by one in Heat [female that is].
Yeah, it's sad. Paulides initial research was quite promising, but he has slipped into paranoia. I tried to contact him, and he was very rude.

Here he is .. his voice does my head in ..

In response to many people complaining in youtube comments about his voice, the narrarator (who goes by the name Chills and has a similar channel if his own) has posted that he has a physical condition that makes his speech like that.

Personally I think his voice kinds of adds to the video.

Last edited:
In response to many people complaining about his voice, the narrarator (who goes by the name Chills and has a similar channel if his own) has posted that he has a physical condition that makes his speech like that.
Hmmm, does anybody believe him?

I've rather grown to like Chills' distinctive narration style, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Seems to actually put effort into researching the stuff he posts about, too, which is more than can be said for many.

I didn't realise Chills had a condition affecting his voice, his videos are my favourites so I ignore his condition in favour of that .. he's also produced some rap videos btw ..

13 creatures that look human .. I've seen a couple of these clips before, there's some good spider markings stuff here ..

I feel somehow... soiled... after listening to him. It's weird.
You have to laugh though when he continues his narration at the end of each one of his vids and says "Let me know if you enjoyed my naa ray shaaan" .. he seems like a good bloke though. He's aware people take the piss out of his voice, here's one of his music videos talking about it. My best guess would be he's from New Jersey, they tend to go up and down vocally, he sounds a bit like Randal from Clerks ..

Last edited:
You have to laugh though when he continues his narration at the end of each one of his vids and says "Let me know if you enjoyed my naa ray shaaan" .. he seems like a good bloke though. He's aware people take the piss out of his voice, here's one of his music videos talking about it. My best guess would be he's from New Jersey, they tend to go up and down vocally, he sounds a bit like Randal from Clerks ..

I think he does the weird voice on purpose. His normal speaking voice isn't too bad.

IDK if he counts as Fortean, but I am a huge fan of the Apostate Prophet. He is a Turkish fellow who was raised in a very Islamic family and has since abandoned the religion in favor of reason (a bit like Kemal Ataturk perhaps). If you want a vocal and well informed critic of Islam, you can do a lot worse. The problems he has with Islam and his objections to it are well handled, and you can learn a lot about the religion and what is wrong with it from him, without being too confronted with the traumatic realities of it like I was.

Does anyone see the irony of this post?

can someone find a link which shows Paulides saying this?

I don't really care either way, but if some is accused of something then the accuser should front up.

Last edited:
Does anyone see the irony of this post? can someone find a link which shows Paulides saying this? I don't really care either way, but if some is accused of something then the accuser should front up.
Do you not think though, that part of it is that Paulides doesn't really say anything, he just alludes to an idea that disappearances are to do with Sasquatches (it must be that, it couldn't be the simpler explanation that people in the genuine wilds of the US just have unpleasant unfortunate accidents or get hopelessly lost). I can take a few fortean disappearances, but you get the impression that he's implying weird things are happening all over the place. And then that detracts a bit. Because we all like a bit of weirdness. But when you imply it's everywhere you start sounding like a bit of a nut.
That hasn't really answered your question but I can see where the OP was coming from, I think. ?

While the referenced Expedia commercial seems to exist and be an official commercial, I can't find it outside of this video. Maybe someone here is a better sleuth than me and we can see if the original contains the same imagery of the reflection of the woman.

While this is the first video from this channel I've watched, I was impressed that they spent the first 15 minutes or so speaking with the person regarding this history of the location without sensationalizing things, and they find.... nothing.

They're generally very good - honest, thorough and open-minded. I can particularly recommend their exhaustive debunking of Dybbuk boxes, complete with lengthy interview with a Jewish scholar.

Back