Best Horrible Woman In A Film?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

Countess Erezebet Bathory.

One of my fave films, you have a gothic love story, history/war and horror all in one.
The link is the full film if anyone is interested, Italian subs but good free copy I'm glad they put it up .
Flash Gordon and Russia with love on my to watch list now, aware they well known classics but shame on me I've never seen either.
I didn't even know this film existed! .. ta very much, I'll probably be watching this tonight with the Mrs :popc:

Krepostnoi

Viva la Quinta Brigada
Surely Nicole Kidman in Paddington? (And now that I think about it, Queen Victoria in Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists.) One of these days I'll get to watch an adult movie which isn't aimed at kids.

Vardoger

How Much Is The Fish?
Surely Nicole Kidman in Paddington? (And now that I think about it, Queen Victoria in Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists.) One of these days I'll get to watch an adult movie which isn't aimed at kids.
Or Nicole Kidman's To Die For as Suzanne Stone.

Swifty

My favourite anecdote re Louise Fletcher who turned out her award winning portrayal as Nurse Ratched in cuckoo's nest .. apparently her performance was so good/intimidating that the cast and crew started avoiding her in between takes and in the film set canteen so this started doing her head in .. so she decided to streak topless through the set one day to remind everyone she wasn't really a psycho, everyone had a good laugh and the rest is history :cool:

Swifty

Countess Erezebet Bathory.

One of my fave films, you have a gothic love story, history/war and horror all in one.
The link is the full film if anyone is interested, Italian subs but good free copy I'm glad they put it up .
Flash Gordon and Russia with love on my to watch list now, aware they well known classics but shame on me I've never seen either.
Thanks for that .. I've just watched an hour and a half of almost nothing Bathory actually did, men in ruffles in fields talking about what the girls are up to, men in ruffles in corridors talking about what the girls are up to .. and drawing rooms, Bathory pouting a lot and 1000 yard staring out of windows .. next to no blood letting which is the main thing Bathory is infamous for .. sorry but that was shite .. even the Mrs got bored and she liked Downton Abbey .. even she said "I reckon that was a female director then." ..

Last edited:

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Thanks for that .. I've just watched an hour and a half of almost nothing Bathory actually did, men in ruffles in fields talking about what the girls are up to, men in ruffles in corridors talking about what the girls are up to .. and drawing rooms, Bathory pouting a lot and 1000 yard staring out of windows .. next to no blood letting which is the main reason Bathory is infamous for .. sorry but that was shite .. even the Mrs got bored and she can liked Downton Abbey .. even she said "I reckon that was a female director then." ..
You can't beat Ingrid Pitt's version

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
My favourite anecdote re Louise Fletcher who turned out her award winning portrayal as Nurse Ratched in cuckoo's nest .. apparently her performance was so good/intimidating that the cast and crew started avoiding her in between takes and in the film set canteen so this started doing her head in .. so she decided to streak topless through the set one day to remind everyone she wasn't really a psycho, everyone had a good laugh and the rest is history :cool:

Of course, Fletcher would also play a similar role (although cut from a different cloth) as Kai Winn in Star Trek Deep Space Nine, awful character, but thoroughly fun to watch...

Swifty

Of course, Fletcher would also play a similar role (although cut from a different cloth) as Kai Winn in Star Trek Deep Space Nine, awful character, but thoroughly fun to watch...
I really want to watch that then and the Mrs is a Star Trek nerd so she might still have it on VHS, thanks for the info .. Fletcher is magnificent at playing 'evil' .. she would have been a no brainer to play nazi Ilsa Koch

Last edited:

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
Good Gawd! That was her? Yikes. Both characters make my skin crawl. There's some talent, I tells ya.