• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Betty / Barney Hill Abduction (New Hampshire; 1961)

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Betty Hill seems to have been the first abductee in September 1961 and the sexual motives of the aliens were immediately established as
part of the scenario. In her case it seems to have been a medical reproductive test by means of a needle inserted in her navel. Since
then, under hypnosis and even without it, hundreds if not thousands of Americans have cheerfully told the world about the indignities done to them.

One abductee recounted sexual goings on in a huge craft where there were cages of animals stolen from Earth.

Sounds a bit smelly.

Men have preferred to recall one nighters with glamourous space-females who seemed to model themselves on their fantasies rather than the bad trips which have ended with a rectal probe.

The nightmare of intimate invasion is of course much earlier than UFOs and the similarity of these scenarios with the incubus and succubus of medieval times is striking, only then they were demons.

It is not because they are so lurid but because they are so primal that I for one am inclined to treat all abductee stories with extreme scepticism.

Looking at the Springer-show types they go far, they can't be breeding for intelligence. :p

James Whitehead said:
Betty Hill seems to have been the first abductee in September 1961 and the sexual motives of the aliens were immediately established

Oh cummon, have you seen Betty Hill. I wouldn't touch her with YOUR probe.

Old Betty and Barney were a mixed-race couple, as I recall, at a time when it was fairly unusual.

They appear to have been very much out on a limb socially and had some serious marital
difficulties. It has been suggested, I think, that the abduction scenario provided them with some way to talk about the way they felt.

Since then, it seems that alienation, if you'll pardon the pun, has been gathering pace like mad. :cool:

I can't find a picture of Betty to test my probe on but, given what aliens do to cattle, she got off lightly methinks. :p

The Hill's Abduction tapes - the Audio Files

The famous couple who were one of the first people to claim to be abducted (**** and Barney Hill, can't remember the wife's name)... have the full tapes of their hypnotised rememberence of abduction ever been made available to the public? I know a UFO special played a little bit of one tape in the background of a scene while talking about the case. I was just wondering if they were ever released and if hearing the full tapes add to their validity or make it seem less real.

thats "Betty" hill

Thats a good question!! I sure would like to hear the uncut sessions of the account.:cool:

Have you tried any of those file sharing sites? Gnutella or Kazaa might have it floating around, if it's available.

This is just released and really interesting, even if you hold doubts about remote viewing its clear lots of interesting perspectives emerge. The Farsight Institute do some fascinating work.

Can you give us a short summary of how that long video applies to the Hill case...?

It's all about the case - stop when you get bored! Or doubtful.

I actually suspect that this IS the Betty & Barney Hill craft. It matches the descriptions:

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/UFORC/page64.html

*Public Notice: The Final Report of the Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects was originally copyrighted in 1968 by the Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. It was subsequently published in reports of the United States Air Force and other governmental agencies and was published commercially by Bantam Books (currently out of print).

Permission is granted for non-commercial use of this electronic document, to link to it, mirror it on an Internet site, or reproduce it electronically in whole or in part without modification, provided that this notice is included.

Any other use requires advance written permission from The Regents of the University of Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually suspect that this IS the Betty & Barney Hill craft. It matches the descriptions: ...

That was a joke ...right?
I mean that ufo above looks like every other one seen over the last 6 decades.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a joke ...right?
I mean that ufo above looks like every other one seen over the last 6 decades.

;)
If you look closely, it has the two "bat" wings or projections on either side of the object as mentioned by Barney. It also appears to be elliptical and have a darkened area at front --perhaps the windows. Only problem is it might be a bit small. I've not seen any other UFO photo with the fins / wings at the sides..

barney-sketch.jpeg

hillsufo.jpg

https://www.ufocasebook.com/Hill3.html

Last edited:
I'm not even convinced that the Hills actually were abducted by 'aliens'. So talking about the type of alien craft is kind of questionable to me.
Would advanced aliens really wave or look out the window at humans they are going to abduct? Really..? What's wrong with this picture..?

I'm not even convinced that the Hills actually were abducted by 'aliens'. So talking about the type of alien craft is kind of questionable to me.
Would advanced aliens really wave or look out the window at humans they are going to abduct? Really..? What's wrong with this picture..?
I hear ya. I was just noting the similarity in appearance of the objects. I do believe something happened to them --the details remembered may not be real --or perhaps planted memories. I also usually don't trust hypnotism to provide accurate information.

If you look closely, it has the two "bat" wings or projections on either side of the object as mentioned by Barney. ... I've not seen any other UFO photo with the fins / wings at the sides.. ...

It's been decades, but ...

My recollection is that the protrusions or 'bat wings' were not a fixed feature of the craft. When the Hills first stopped in the road and Barney got out to look at the craft, two red lights progressively extended outward from the craft on forms or structures which Barney described as 'bat wings'. In other words, the 'bat wings' were telescoping or swivel-out structures upon which the red lights were visible.

I don't specifically recall whether the extended wing structures and red lights remained deployed as the craft followed Hill.

Right, the "wings" extended out from the sides of the craft, but to me, the object looks very similar. I actually have a number of pics of what I think are the same objects; I'll post those later.

I hear ya. I was just noting the similarity in appearance of the objects. I do believe something happened to them --the details remembered may not be real --or perhaps planted memories. I also usually don't trust hypnotism to provide accurate information.
Just as a side story,,,,some years later Dr Vallee actually spent a night at her house (I believe Barney was dead by then) because she had invited him and a few others because she was going to 'call the aliens to visit her'...apparently she believed that she had the ability to contact the same group of 'aliens' that had abducted her years before.
Needless to say.....no ufos showed up.
;)

Just as a side story,,,,some years later Dr Vallee actually spent a night at her house (I believe Barney was dead by then) because she had invited him and a few others because she was going to 'call the aliens to visit her'...apparently she believed that she had the ability to contact the same group of 'aliens' that had abducted her years before.
Needless to say.....no ufos showed up.
;)
She also used to think UFOs were following her car when they were planets, stars, etc. iirc. Just a regular person who got a bit loopy as she got older. Doesn't mean something didn't happen.

This is where watching the Remote Viewing actually becomes more significant - because it establishes there really was an abduction. Having fun with a picture takes a lot less effort though.

If the abduction was as scary and intrusive as it sounds, it's little wonder Betty was rattled by it and affected in later years.

This is where watching the Remote Viewing actually becomes more significant - because it establishes there really was an abduction. Having fun with a picture takes a lot less effort though. ...

Is the point of the video the use of remote viewing to somehow validate the Hills' abduction story?

You still haven't given any clue as to how remote viewing relates to the Hills' case.

Last edited:
This is where watching the Remote Viewing actually becomes more significant - because it establishes there really was an abduction. Having fun with a picture takes a lot less effort though.

If the abduction was as scary and intrusive as it sounds, it's little wonder Betty was rattled by it and affected in later years.
Remote viewing proves the Hill abduction case..? Seriously..?
Oh my.....we are now in Wonderland down the rabbit hole.

;)

The remote viewing projects have been fascinating, but they are not for all - however please don't judge them without understanding the process or watching them.

^ I'm pretty familiar with the whole RV scene going back to the days of people like Ed Dames and others who claimed to work for the US gubbermint. Read several books years ago and conversed on forums years ago about the phenomena.
My impression has always been that it's simply not reliable nor repeatable in most cases.

Don't you think that's it's remarkable that from a set of co-ordinates, individuals home in on the same event?Albeit with slightly different perspectives - reflecting their individual talents and sensitivities?

I'm this case the individual viewers are all young and very unlikely to have background knowledge of the case.

Since we are discussing significant events, one of the first alien abductions of the post-war war era, a fresh and independent perspective is surely to be welcomed?

To produce the video takes significant effort and it's released to us without charge. Any genuine interest in UFOlogy and I think most people would be keen to watch it. Maybe I am wrong though.

Don't you think that's it's remarkable that from a set of co-ordinates, individuals home in on the same event?Albeit with slightly different perspectives - reflecting their individual talents and sensitivities?

I'm this case the individual viewers are all young and very unlikely to have background knowledge of the case.

Since we are discussing significant events, one of the first alien abductions of the post-war war era, a fresh and independent perspective is surely to be welcomed?

To produce the video takes significant effort and it's released to us without charge. Any genuine interest in UFOlogy and I think most people would be keen to watch it. Maybe I am wrong though.
Home in on the same event..? I didn't watch the whole video so I'm not sure how meaningful that is regarding what they saw was the same. Can we trust these people to be telling it truthfully?
I suppose any new insight into the Hill case would be worth discussing but I'm not sure RV is credible and reliable in the end....after all it's a form of ESP in many ways which is controversial to say the least.

Like all ESP material it's hit and miss, and you can't be sure whether the percipient is picking up real events, or people's beliefs about it, or maybe complete fantasy. Without reliable feedback to monitor RV it goes astray easily. My interpretation of the Hills case is that it was a field test of mind control technology. My guess is that they were kidnapped in Canada and programmed with a set of false memories before the alleged sighting took place.

Like all ESP material it's hit and miss, and you can't be sure whether the percipient is picking up real events, or people's beliefs about it, or maybe complete fantasy. Without reliable feedback to monitor RV it goes astray easily. My interpretation of the Hills case is that it was a field test of mind control technology. My guess is that they were kidnapped in Canada and programmed with a set of false memories before the alleged sighting took place.
That's an interesting take on it....when were they in Canada...I was not aware that's where they were.
But other than your personal feelings on it do you have anything at all to support that view?

That's an interesting take on it....when were they in Canada...I was not aware that's where they were.
But other than your personal feelings on it do you have anything at all to support that view?
When I got interested in mind control and disinformation in the 80s I came on a lot of evidence that several classic cases were actually staged, although it wasn't until I got Stanton Friedman's book a few years ago that I became certain that the Hills case was also created maybe using mind control. I wrote up an article about it that didn't attract a lot of interest at the time, but which I will attach here -- besides the Hills I also discuss a couple of less well known cases. (The article was aimed at a US audience at a time when I was trying to make a bit extra by getting writing work online.)

Attachments

• Disinformation and UFOs.pdf
    190.5 KB · Views: 44
When I got interested in mind control and disinformation in the 80s I came on a lot of evidence that several classic cases were actually staged, although it wasn't until I got Stanton Friedman's book a few years ago that I became certain that the Hills case was also created maybe using mind control. I wrote up an article about it that didn't attract a lot of interest at the time, but which I will attach here -- besides the Hills I also discuss a couple of less well known cases. (The article was aimed at a US audience at a time when I was trying to make a bit extra by getting writing work online.)
Thanks...I'll read the piece....and get back to you.

Back