Betty & Barney Hill (Remote Viewing)

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Excellent paper, which confirms that the evidence for the effectiveness of remote viewing is overwhelming. All those people who repeat, parrot fashion, in these and other internet forums, that "there is no evidence for the reality of ESP" should be forced to read it. Great discovery!
Agreed! :cool:

eburacum

Papo-furado
Jessica Utts, who wrote that paper way back in 1995, was attempting to prove that Remote Viewing was a real phenomenon. The CIA disagreed, and terminated the program.
Shame, really.

Carl Grove

Abominable Snowman
Jessica Utts, who wrote that paper way back in 1995, was attempting to prove that Remote Viewing was a real phenomenon. The CIA disagreed, and terminated the program.
Shame, really.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that the CIA has claimed to terminate a programme and continued it under greater security. I'm sure that happened with MKULTRA. But the huge amount of information that came out regarding remote viewing and the army project, which was a bit shambolic, probably led the CIA to develop something genuinely secret along the same lines. The CIA couldn't "disagree" with the experimental data presented in that paper -- they are extremely powerful, and would certainly establish any less controversial phenomenon as genuine.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
She doesn't appear to be completely impartial, but she still could be correct in her meta-analysis. The conclusion was that it was real, but not useful for surveillance as it wasn't reliable enough. Better to discredit it and walk away, then. There is a similar division with scientists over UFOs.
She hardly appears fringe:
https://www.ics.uci.edu/~jutts/

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Thanks for the paper! Folks are still divided and the conditions of the experiments used in the meta-analyses were not carefully controlled, so more experimentation is needed. I've heard those arguments before and they do have merit. Sheldrake's experiments have been questioned too.

Carl Grove

Abominable Snowman
Thanks for the paper! Folks are still divided and the conditions of the experiments used in the meta-analyses were not carefully controlled, so more experimentation is needed. I've heard those arguments before and they do have merit. Sheldrake's experiments have been questioned too.
The problem is that anyone who is totally opposed to any experimental findings can always find some reason to reject them. Often this is a matter of moving the goal posts, or picking minor issues to dissect in ludicrous detail. The question is whether these people apply the same criteria to articles about research in less contentious areas. If they don't, then they are showing bias. I recall an incident decades ago when I was working for the DHSS Social Research branch, and as part of my job reviewing applications for financial support. My boss came to me with an application from someone who had, a few years previously, written an absolutely vicious review of a book written by -- my boss. He never actually asked me to do a hatchet job on the application, but I knew what he wanted. The rather disturbing thing is that it was so easy to find minor details, miniscule faults in the applicant's past work, and often wholly insignificant reasons why the proposed research would be no good. Fortunately there were two or three genuine faults that I could focus on, so I didn't have to feel too guilty afterwards, but it showed just how easy it is to treat a rival's work with something close to contempt, and to fill pages with spurious and unreasonable comments. Yes, more experimentation is needed, but not because the evidence is not convincing, but because we need to find out more about these phenomena.

I actually tried a few experiments in RV back in the 80s using my mother, a natural sensitive, as a subject. I used the geographical co-ordinates of various targets around the world and put each on a card. Whenever she felt she had picked up anything she could write it down at her leisure. She had no idea about latitude and longitude, and thought the co-ordinates referred to feet and inches. Nevertheless there were a number of positive results, the most interesting being that one morning as she came into the room and glanced over at the pile of cards, she said she saw a tiny pyramid sitting on top of them. As you have probably guessed, the card on top of the pile carried the co-ordinates of the Great Pyramid...

feinman

Abominable Snowman
I am a believer in anomalous cognition and other the other pheneomena too.

Fahrenheit 451

Smoke on the Water
I think the Hills had an encounter with an object; the description up to the humanoid part seems like so many others. I suspect that the humanoids are some kind of confabulation due to hypnosis, or some kind of planted "memories". I think these are ET or something stranger, or both (i.e. some kind of other reality or intelligences from some other place). An advanced tech that appears magical to us.
Abductees often report the active presence of military humanoid types. I think this might mean one of three things:

A. Actual military collaboration, presumably in exchange for technology
B. An overlay by the mind where uglier more frightening events might be occurring
C. Generated by the Aliens themselves, not to frighten through their actual appearance

No scenario is in the least reassuring.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Abductees often report the active presence of military humanoid types. I think this might mean one of three things:

A. Actual military collaboration, presumably in exchange for technology
B. An overlay by the mind where uglier more frightening events might be occurring
C. Generated by the Aliens themselves, not to frighten through their actual appearance

No scenario is in the least reassuring.
Right, the humanoids.. I think I would agree with "C". It's interesting that in the '50s and even in "airship" times, suggestions of figures or shadowy figures were seen sometimes through ports or windows, like some kind of projection. Sometimes there wad a flickering appearance, too. I think aliens mostly aren't physically present, and most of these objects are controlled by a type of godlike AI.

Fahrenheit 451

Smoke on the Water
Shame, really.
They definitely terminated it, I am sure - I mean - if they said they did. Right? Because we all believe the CIA.

Fahrenheit 451

Smoke on the Water
Right, the humanoids.. I think I would agree with "C". It's interesting that in the '50s and even in "airship" times, suggestions of figures or shadowy figures were seen sometimes through ports or windows, like some kind of projection. Sometimes there wad a flickering appearance, too. I think aliens mostly aren't physically present, and most of these objects are controlled by a type of godlike AI.
I think that the repeated message that many craft can be controlled by the mind, together with our own experience of the use of drones, suggest this as a very plausible possibility.

Very advanced machines, controlled from afar and present to perform certain tasks or monitoring. Advanced AI is very likely - even to the point that some of the occupants seem to lack a life force or soul. This was picked up by the remote viewers in the Betty and Barney Hill case.