• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Remote Viewing

Thanks for the paper! Folks are still divided and the conditions of the experiments used in the meta-analyses were not carefully controlled, so more experimentation is needed. I've heard those arguments before and they do have merit. Sheldrake's experiments have been questioned too.

Thanks for the paper! Folks are still divided and the conditions of the experiments used in the meta-analyses were not carefully controlled, so more experimentation is needed. I've heard those arguments before and they do have merit. Sheldrake's experiments have been questioned too.
The problem is that anyone who is totally opposed to any experimental findings can always find some reason to reject them. Often this is a matter of moving the goal posts, or picking minor issues to dissect in ludicrous detail. The question is whether these people apply the same criteria to articles about research in less contentious areas. If they don't, then they are showing bias. I recall an incident decades ago when I was working for the DHSS Social Research branch, and as part of my job reviewing applications for financial support. My boss came to me with an application from someone who had, a few years previously, written an absolutely vicious review of a book written by -- my boss. He never actually asked me to do a hatchet job on the application, but I knew what he wanted. The rather disturbing thing is that it was so easy to find minor details, miniscule faults in the applicant's past work, and often wholly insignificant reasons why the proposed research would be no good. Fortunately there were two or three genuine faults that I could focus on, so I didn't have to feel too guilty afterwards, but it showed just how easy it is to treat a rival's work with something close to contempt, and to fill pages with spurious and unreasonable comments. Yes, more experimentation is needed, but not because the evidence is not convincing, but because we need to find out more about these phenomena.

I actually tried a few experiments in RV back in the 80s using my mother, a natural sensitive, as a subject. I used the geographical co-ordinates of various targets around the world and put each on a card. Whenever she felt she had picked up anything she could write it down at her leisure. She had no idea about latitude and longitude, and thought the co-ordinates referred to feet and inches. Nevertheless there were a number of positive results, the most interesting being that one morning as she came into the room and glanced over at the pile of cards, she said she saw a tiny pyramid sitting on top of them. As you have probably guessed, the card on top of the pile carried the co-ordinates of the Great Pyramid...

I am a believer in anomalous cognition and other the other pheneomena too.

Jessica Utts, who wrote that paper way back in 1995, was attempting to prove that Remote Viewing was a real phenomenon. The CIA disagreed, and terminated the program.
Shame, really.

They definitely terminated it, I am sure - I mean - if they said they did. Right? Because we all believe the CIA.

Remote viewing. Gonna have to look at this later, but no surprise, really:

"According to a CIA document declassified on 08/07/2000 titled “Coordinate Remote Viewing (CRV) Technology 1981–1983,” submitted to the organization August 4 of 1983, coordinate remote viewing “utilized through the methodologies that have been developed…works with remarkable precision,” but the individuals who submitted it admitted that they were “unable to explain in conventional terms why it is that the co-ordinate serves as a stimulus in the manner it does.”

https://medium.com/remote-viewing-c...figure-out-the-science-behind-it-800d1e38a003

Remote viewing. Gonna have to look at this later, but no surprise, really:

"According to a CIA document declassified on 08/07/2000 titled “Coordinate Remote Viewing (CRV) Technology 1981–1983,” submitted to the organization August 4 of 1983, coordinate remote viewing “utilized through the methodologies that have been developed…works with remarkable precision,” but the individuals who submitted it admitted that they were “unable to explain in conventional terms why it is that the co-ordinate serves as a stimulus in the manner it does.”

https://medium.com/remote-viewing-c...figure-out-the-science-behind-it-800d1e38a003
The SRI project began with co-ordinate viewing but they then switched to a more telepathic methodology, sending people to secret locations and seeing if the viewer could detect which. I did some very casual experiments with my mother, who was very sensitive, with several remarkable results. I wrote the co-ordinates on cards so she could keep them with her and note down any imprsssions she got. One morning she told me that when she had entered the living room and glanced at the pile of cards she saw a small pyramid on them. I quickly checked the co-ordinates of the card on top, and as I'm sure you can guess, it was the Great Pyramid.

Incidentally, she had no idea about geographical co-ordinates, she thought they were in degrees, feet and inches!

Perhaps the coordinates are just a link to the implicit order described and are entangled the later viewing. There are similar practices in occultism.

Perhaps the coordinates are just a link to the implicit order described and are entangled the later viewing. There are similar practices in occultism.
It also fits in well with Vallee's theory about coincidences in Messengers of Deception. A universe based on information rather than matter.

It also fits in well with Vallee's theory about coincidences in Messengers of Deception. A universe based on information rather than matter.
UFOs for example live in a higher information universe and seem in some cases to be made of programmable matter. Information..What is it really?

UFOs for example live in a higher information universe and seem in some cases to be made of programmable matter. Information..What is it really?
Good question. You can measure it but not really define it -- same as time, I suppose. What is matter, come to that? I recall a very odd little off-the-cuff comment in one of Wellesley Tudor Pole's letters to the effect that, "The experiment with matter hasn't been very effective, so it will be
ended soon..."

Back