• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Betty / Barney Hill Abduction (New Hampshire; 1961)

I think the Hills had an encounter with an object; the description up to the humanoid part seems like so many others. I suspect that the humanoids are some kind of confabulation due to hypnosis, or some kind of planted "memories". I think these are ET or something stranger, or both (i.e. some kind of other reality or intelligences from some other place). An advanced tech that appears magical to us.

Abductees often report the active presence of military humanoid types. I think this might mean one of three things:

A. Actual military collaboration, presumably in exchange for technology
B. An overlay by the mind where uglier more frightening events might be occurring
C. Generated by the Aliens themselves, not to frighten through their actual appearance

No scenario is in the least reassuring.

Abductees often report the active presence of military humanoid types. I think this might mean one of three things:

A. Actual military collaboration, presumably in exchange for technology
B. An overlay by the mind where uglier more frightening events might be occurring
C. Generated by the Aliens themselves, not to frighten through their actual appearance

No scenario is in the least reassuring.
Right, the humanoids.. I think I would agree with "C". It's interesting that in the '50s and even in "airship" times, suggestions of figures or shadowy figures were seen sometimes through ports or windows, like some kind of projection. Sometimes there wad a flickering appearance, too. I think aliens mostly aren't physically present, and most of these objects are controlled by a type of godlike AI.

Right, the humanoids.. I think I would agree with "C". It's interesting that in the '50s and even in "airship" times, suggestions of figures or shadowy figures were seen sometimes through ports or windows, like some kind of projection. Sometimes there wad a flickering appearance, too. I think aliens mostly aren't physically present, and most of these objects are controlled by a type of godlike AI.

I think that the repeated message that many craft can be controlled by the mind, together with our own experience of the use of drones, suggest this as a very plausible possibility.

Very advanced machines, controlled from afar and present to perform certain tasks or monitoring. Advanced AI is very likely - even to the point that some of the occupants seem to lack a life force or soul. This was picked up by the remote viewers in the Betty and Barney Hill case.

It's generally accepted the earliest account of a 'greys' depiction, or similar, occurred in the 'hypnotic regression' accounts of Barney and Betty Hill and relating to an incident from New Hampshire, America, during September, 1961.
I know that it is common nowadays to see "dramatised reconstructions" of the Hills case showing their captors as grey aliens, but the earliest descriptions by the witnesses were of normal sized humanoids with big noses, rather unlike the greys. Also I think the evidence in that case points to a mind control operation rather than a genuine UFO incident.

Also I think the evidence in that case points to a mind control operation rather than a genuine UFO incident.
Doesn't seem so?

We're discussing the heinous US government cover-up and what emerged from the Hill's 'hypnosis regression', albeit 3 years later:

To reiterate - this is a 2015 article which may be largely unknown?

Is it FINALLY proof: 'Abducted' woman draws star map of exact constellation of alien home

Betty Hill drew a star map of the constellation that the aliens pointed to

Daily Express
30 October, 2015

THIS is the staggering star map drawn by a woman who claimed she was abducted by aliens more than 50 years ago.

On September 19 1961, Betty and Barney Hill of Portsmouth, New Hampshire claim to have been abducted by aliens.

Scientists at the time discredited a map drawn by Betty which outlined the exact location of where she claimed the extra-terrestrials originated.

Experts claimed there was no constellation similar to the drawing and that it bore no resemblance to any known formation at the time.

Now years later, one statistician has remarkably argued that the unusual alignment of key sun-like stars in the drawing, which mirrors the Zeta Reticuli could never have happened by chance and that Betty WAS a victim of an alien abduction.
(End)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ocation-drawn-found-extra-terretrial-life/amp

Bob Lazar has categorically alleged he became aware of evidence that there had not only been contact...

"Lazar additionally claimed that during his joining the program, he read briefing documents describing the historical involvement of Earth for the past 10,000 years with extraterrestrial beings described as grey aliens from a planet orbiting the twin binary star system Zeta Reticuli".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar

This, along with his claimed work on reverse- engineering, acquired 'flying saucers', is an essence of our alleged cover-up.

Which brings us back to my question...

Did the recently published report, investigate any of these massively publicised assertions?

Doesn't seem so?

We're discussing the heinous US government cover-up and what emerged from the Hill's 'hypnosis regression', albeit 3 years later:

To reiterate - this is a 2015 article which may be largely unknown?

Is it FINALLY proof: 'Abducted' woman draws star map of exact constellation of alien home

Betty Hill drew a star map of the constellation that the aliens pointed to

Daily Express
30 October, 2015

THIS is the staggering star map drawn by a woman who claimed she was abducted by aliens more than 50 years ago.

On September 19 1961, Betty and Barney Hill of Portsmouth, New Hampshire claim to have been abducted by aliens.

Scientists at the time discredited a map drawn by Betty which outlined the exact location of where she claimed the extra-terrestrials originated.

Experts claimed there was no constellation similar to the drawing and that it bore no resemblance to any known formation at the time.

Now years later, one statistician has remarkably argued that the unusual alignment of key sun-like stars in the drawing, which mirrors the Zeta Reticuli could never have happened by chance and that Betty WAS a victim of an alien abduction.
(End)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ocation-drawn-found-extra-terretrial-life/amp

Bob Lazar has categorically alleged he became aware of evidence that there had not only been contact...

"Lazar additionally claimed that during his joining the program, he read briefing documents describing the historical involvement of Earth for the past 10,000 years with extraterrestrial beings described as grey aliens from a planet orbiting the twin binary star system Zeta Reticuli".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar

This, along with his claimed work on reverse- engineering, acquired 'flying saucers', is an essence of our alleged cover-up.

Which brings us back to my question...

Did the recently published report, investigate any of these massively publicised assertions?
Obviously not, it dealt only with relatively recent events. But I have to say that I am convinced that Lazar's story, like the Hills, is more about mind control and disinformation than genuine experiences. Unlike the Hills' case it seems dubious through and through.

I'm quite familiar with the location of the stars between Zeta 1 Reticuli, Zeta 2 Reticuli and Sol. That map is complete bullshine.
1/ it was a pattern of dots drawn from memory,
2/ the distance between Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 is far too large to be accurate.
3/ Apart from Zeta1 and Zeta2, the pattern appears to match the locations of these stars as estimated in 1974 in the Gliese catalog. Since that time, the Hipparchos and Gaia catalogs have changed this data enough to make the Fish map nonsense. In particular Gliese 86.1 is now a giant star much further away.

Last edited:
Something related I came across and perhaps of interest?

The Zeta Reticuli (or Rediculi) Incident

In the December 1974 issue of Astronomy, the then-editors published a lead feature story titled “The Zeta Reticuli Incident.” The well-known astronomy popularizer Terence Dickinson, then Astronomy’s Editor, penned the article. It probably cost Terry his job, as he was gone from the magazine a few months later. Astronomy was just a year and a half old at the time, and this story set the fledgling magazine’s credibility back a long way.

This feature described the so-called Betty and Barney Hill story, in which a New Hampshire couple claimed to have been abducted in 1961 and taken aboard an alien spacecraft. Betty Hill famously drew a star map from memory, in 1964, under psychoanalysis. The map supposedly showed the sky as seen from a planet orbiting the star Zeta Reticuli, from which the alien abductors had arrived.

(...)

https://astronomy.com/bonus/zeta

I'm quite familiar with the location of the stars between Zeta 1 Reticuli, Zeta 2 Reticuli and Sol. That map is complete bullshine.
1/ it was a pattern of dots drawn from memory,
2/ the distance between Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 is far too large to be accurate.
3/ Apart from Zeta1 and Zeta2, the pattern appears to match the locations of these stars as estimated in 1974 in the Gliese catalog. Since that time, the Hipparchos and Gaia catalogs have changed this data enough to make the Fish map nonsense. In particular Gliese 86.1 is now a giant star much further away.
Carl Sagan debunked Betty Hills star map very easily in hisTV series Cosmos and that was forty years ago.

Carl Sagan debunked Betty Hills star map very easily in hisTV series Cosmos and that was forty years ago.
I don't know how anyone in an abduction scenario can remember these things. Some people can tell you what the cockpit of the craft looked like. Some can describe instruments and equipment. I suppose it depends on how observant of a person you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
This excellent blog draws on the research of others and succinctly explains the Betty and Barney case:

https://threedollarkit.weebly.com

Essentially misidentified lights in the sky and a cafe on a mountain.

The initial story from Betty and Barney was very different to that which we all read about in books. The elaborated later story was the result of discredited hypnotic regression and many details were changed to make the 'humanoid' Barney saw in the 'craft' with his binoculars more alien. My theory is that it was a guy in biker gear looking out of the cafe window, not something massively unusual in 60's America.

The program Ancient Aliens had a top 10 countdown of alien abductions.

This program claims that Betty”s mother and sister were also abducted during their lifetime, and alien abduction kepts to the same bloodline.

I never heard this before ! ?

The program Ancient Aliens had a top 10 countdown of alien abductions.

This program claims that Betty”s mother and sister were also abducted during their lifetime, and alien abduction kepts to the same bloodline.

I never heard this before ! ?
That might make logical sense if the aliens are scientists conducting experiments or tests on subjects over a long period of time, probably of a genetic nature.

John Fuller's famous book has been republished:

“Skepticism is a healthy thing, especially when you get involved with whirling saucers that defy the laws of aerodynamics,” wrote John G. Fuller in the October 2, 1965, entry of “Trade Winds,” his regular column for The Saturday Review. “But curiosity is also a powerful force.” Fuller was curious about the recent rash of UFO reports in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, and Exeter, New Hampshire—where police officers, among others, saw objects in the sky.

Fuller sensed a bigger story than could fit in a short column. He wrote a longer version for Look magazine, and expanded his investigation into the book Incident at Exeter. During his work on the Exeter case, Fuller discovered an even more explosive New Hampshire incident, one that would become famous as the first widely publicized alien abduction case in America: the story of Barney and Betty Hill.

https://lithub.com/revisiting-the-i...-era-of-more-ufo-news-and-government-secrets/

I'd like to see an explanation for Betty Hill's dress, torn and stained, still in existence.
And what about the Hill's car which also had damage from that night?
Barney Hill's shoes were very scuffed from being dragged onto the craft.
Too much physical evidence to simply dismiss.

I'd like to see an explanation for Betty Hill's dress, torn and stained, still in existence.
You should read this book:

Encounters at Indian Head: The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Abduction Revisited​

"Was the "first" UFO abduction the result of a genuine alien encounter or the product of some well-primed imaginations?

September 1961: Near Indian Head, New Hampshire, Betty and Barney Hill have a disturbing encounter with a UFO while driving home from a short vacation. Later, under hypnosis, the couple recall having been abducted by aliens.

October 1966: John Fuller's book, "The Interrupted Journey," based on the Hills' story, is published and becomes an immediate best seller.

October 1975: NBC airs the story in a made-for-TV movie titled "The UFO Incident." James Earl Jones portrays Barney Hill, and Estelle Parsons plays Betty.

September 2000: Nearly 40 years after the original incident, a symposium of seasoned, independent UFO researchers is held at Indian Head, New Hampshire, to re-evaluate this classic UFO abduction case.

Among the participants are Hilary Evans and Peter Brookesmith from the U.K., with Thomas 'Ed' Bullard, Karl Pflock, Dennis Stacy, and Robert Scheaffer from the U.S. Sociologist and veteran anomalist Marcello Truzzi chairs the meeting. Betty Hill joins the group for an evening's entertainment and a morning tour of the sites where, she says, she and Barney encountered aliens.

What the participants concluded is recorded here, along with additional commentaries written especially for this book by the Hills' first investigator, Walter N. Webb, and critical analyst Martin Kottmeyer. The result of this unique meeting of minds was more than an exercise in diverse interpretations: it became a common quest to establish, as far as humanly possible, what actually happened to the Hills so many years ago."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Encounters-Indian-Head-Abduction-Revisited/dp/1933665181

I have read 'The Interrupted Journey' and saw 'The UFO Incident', and have been reading up on their case over the years.
Betty's niece, Kathleen Marden, a UFO researcher, appears quite often on our UFO shows also.
Odd too that Mr. R lived in New Hampshire for a few years when he was younger, said some strange things happen there. It's very wooded and at that time not heavily populated.
I don't believe Betty Hill was lying about her experience, and Barney Hill in particular was reluctant to become a public figure over this incident.
Listening to the two of them speaking during their hypnosis sessions is frightening, to say the least.
And Betty with that needle in her navel, who could make up something like that.
After my experience, I personally believe that they are being honest.
I'm just happy that I wasn't abducted! LOL

John Fuller's famous book has been republished:

“Skepticism is a healthy thing, especially when you get involved with whirling saucers that defy the laws of aerodynamics,” wrote John G. Fuller in the October 2, 1965, entry of “Trade Winds,” his regular column for The Saturday Review. “But curiosity is also a powerful force.” Fuller was curious about the recent rash of UFO reports in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, and Exeter, New Hampshire—where police officers, among others, saw objects in the sky.

Fuller sensed a bigger story than could fit in a short column. He wrote a longer version for Look magazine, and expanded his investigation into the book Incident at Exeter. During his work on the Exeter case, Fuller discovered an even more explosive New Hampshire incident, one that would become famous as the first widely publicized alien abduction case in America: the story of Barney and Betty Hill.

https://lithub.com/revisiting-the-i...-era-of-more-ufo-news-and-government-secrets/
Yes, skepticism is a very healthy thing, I question that 'Ilkley Moor alien photo' and think it is simply an odd photo of something else.
But there are actual experiences and photos which defy any normal explanation.

I have read 'The Interrupted Journey' and saw 'The UFO Incident', and have been reading up on their case over the years.
Betty's niece, Kathleen Marden, a UFO researcher, appears quite often on our UFO shows also.
Odd too that Mr. R lived in New Hampshire for a few years when he was younger, said some strange things happen there. It's very wooded and at that time not heavily populated.
I don't believe Betty Hill was lying about her experience, and Barney Hill in particular was reluctant to become a public figure over this incident.
Listening to the two of them speaking during their hypnosis sessions is frightening, to say the least.
And Betty with that needle in her navel, who could make up something like that.
After my experience, I personally believe that they are being honest.
I'm just happy that I wasn't abducted! LOL
Betty and Barney Hill was the case we all grew up with and made news across the world. Unfortunately, there are holes in the narrative. Three-Dollar Kit has an outstanding analysis of this case and is a must-read:

https://threedollarkit.weebly.com/betty--barney-hill.html

Last edited:
Betty Hill was a social worker, Barney Hill worked for the United States Post Office.
They were devoted church goers and also active in the civil rights movement in the US.
And both were intelligent, respected people.
Perhaps a genuine UFO experience might be eye-opening to some.

Barney Hill died at age 46 from a cerebral hemorrhage while Betty live to age 85.

Curious, is Barney’s death connected to his alien physical exam ?

The Star Map has always fascinated me, since I also make maps of the local stars near Sol. I've never been able to match the Hill map to the Fish stars, especially Zeta1 and Zeta2.

The star map is examined in some detail by Kit here
https://threedollarkit.weebly.com/hills-evidence.html
who suggests it may have been inspired by a trip to the planetarium.
It was also uncannily similar to a WW2 map of the D-Day landing routes from England to the French beaches. Coincidentally, one such map hung in an office where Betty worked.

Barney Hill died at age 46 from a cerebral hemorrhage while Betty live to age 85.

Curious, is Barney’s death connected to his alien physical exam ?
Apparently, Barney Hill suffered from high blood pressure, had a grueling commute for his graveyard shift postal service job, and died from a brain aneurysm.
But I'm sure their experience didn't help his nerves or blood pressure.
And the added stress of becoming a public figure over their story.
More details:

https://medium.com/on-the-trail-of-...ge-trip-of-betty-and-barney-hill-418c71d3e98d

Barney Hill’s cause of death took me back to the early 1980s when in Leeds, Yorkshire, UK, Graham Birdsall ran a very successful British UFO Magazine.

Graham also died suddenly at a young age of a brain hemorrhage.

Probably this is too far back for current posters to be familiar with Graham, but UFO investigators seem to die young.

"In Betty's interview with Webb, as well as her written-out dreams (both 1961), she never mentions the dress suffering any physical damage - not during the trip, during the medical examination by aliens, or afterward when she puts the dress away. Nor does it come up under hypnosis in 1964, nor is it reported in Fuller's 1965 book.

By the time the dress arrives for testing in 2002 the zipper and lining are torn. There are also references to the dress being torn in earlier newspaper articles but of course there were no articles until after the story broke in 1965.

Betty's niece Kathleen Marden used a "cognitive interviewing technique" to extract a story of the dress being damaged when Betty fought her captors and when Doc Alien struggled with the zipper. For all we know it was Betty's curious and very human visitors who damaged the dress. Maybe it was Dulsey. These terrestrial beings certainly would've deposited grime and DNA on it, making any future analysis rather pointless."

https://threedollarkit.weebly.com/hills-evidence.html

I see this: "When Betty returned home after the alleged UFO abduction incident, she reports folding her dress and placing it in the bottom of her closet, where it remained for several days."
I think if it was me and I had that frightening experience, I would be in some type of 'shock' and certainly not worrying about my dress.
Note she folded the dress and put it away, apparently she did not want to deal with it at that time.
Several days later she retrieved the dress and that is when she noticed that 'damage had occurred on the dress, including a tear from the waist to the hem. The top of the zipper was also ripped'.
I believe she was worried about their 'missing time' and just what had happened to them.
That's just how I interpret it, I could be wrong.
But what about the damage to their car, and that long 'needle' that was inserted into Betty's stomach? Seems strange that anyone could make that up in 1961.

Last edited:
Back