• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Big Wasp

I believe that the commentary for Lord of the Rings says that they based Shelob on a giant weta. Or I could be wrong, but they based something on a weta.

Wasn't that those things in the 2005 King Kong remake?

0b76a61d63aed30ee6d0139e678d2efa1393716230_full.jpg

In Rhodes this summer me and my wife (we are not Royalty, hence no 'wife and I') were having a meal and a large wasp with a yellow band around it took an interest in my food. I asked a waiter if i should swat it away, he definitely advised me not to. it turns out that it was an Asian Hornet and kills bees. I later saw one dead on the pavement so photographed it. I believe that its sting would have been rather painful.
IMG_20180903_185816792.jpg

In Rhodes this summer me and my wife (we are not Royalty, hence no 'wife and I') were having a meal and a large wasp with a yellow band around it took an interest in my food. I asked a waiter if i should swat it away, he definitely advised me not to. it turns out that it was an Asian Hornet and kills bees. I later saw one dead on the pavement so photographed it. I believe that its sting would have been rather painful.View attachment 13298
I believe that most bees, hornets, wasps, yellow jackets leave you with a nasty sting ( allergic or not). Especially if several of the buggers get you at once. Once while hiking to a hidden fishing location we disturbed a log from which a large group of yellow jackets had used to hide their nest. I went running but not before at least 7 of the nastiest satisfies got me.

Back