• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I was watching the 1970s In Search Of... episode about Bigfoot last night and they get totally sidetracked away from the anecdotes into whether the beast, if it exists, should be shot or not, just to get a specimen. Did they say that about gorillas and chimpanzees, I wonder? Reminds me of poor old Pedals the bear recently.

The so-called first person accounts on the internet must be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism. As a test I submitted an 'encounter' with several intentional inconsistencies. The date did not match the day of the week, in one sentence I said it was a clear warm day, in another paragraph I stated it was a cold and raining. The location descriptions did not match, and others. I expected to be either rejected or contacted with questions. I received neither. It was published as I wrote it on the website, no corrections but additional details added to enhance the story. At the end was a footnote their investigator spoke to me personally and verified the story, convinced it was genuine. As I mentioned earlier, no one contacted me.

Over the next few months I kept checking on it, and found other websites had copied my fabrication, some verbatim and some edited, and listed it on their sites as credible. The story is now considered a factual encounter and I fabricated the entire tale. I still get a good laugh about it. :clap:

The so-called first person accounts on the internet must be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism. As a test I submitted an 'encounter' with several intentional inconsistencies. The date did not match the day of the week, in one sentence I said it was a clear warm day, in another paragraph I stated it was a cold and raining. The location descriptions did not match, and others. I expected to be either rejected or contacted with questions. I received neither. It was published as I wrote it on the website, no corrections but additional details added to enhance the story. At the end was a footnote their investigator spoke to me personally and verified the story, convinced it was genuine. As I mentioned earlier, no one contacted me.

Over the next few months I kept checking on it, and found other websites had copied my fabrication, some verbatim and some edited, and listed it on their sites as credible. The story is now considered a factual encounter and I fabricated the entire tale. I still get a good laugh about it. :clap:

Well done. It'd be nice to know which website. But, it'd be more useful to see how far it goes. Seriously, this is a very interesting possibility.

My friend Jackie Tonks told me of an encounter she had sixty miles along a logging road in Washington State a couple of years ago. Jackie claimed to have seen two sasquatch run across the road in broad daylight. She was the passenger in a car at the time. It almost struck the creatures who came to within four feet of the bonnet. Jackie described them as having course, dark grey hair, massive shoulders, an olive completion, brow ridges, sunken eyes and human like, but flattened noses. She felt they looked like some kind of hominin rather than an ape. The smaller was about six foot six inches tall and the bigger one seven foot six. At first she thought that they were humans in one piece overalls with the hoods up. They tried to run across the road, hesitated for a few seconds as if the were thinking of turning back, then ran down a very steep slope into the forest. It was about 4 in the afternoon. At one point she was close enough to se their faces twitch in alarm.

My friend Jackie Tonks told me of an encounter she had sixty miles along a logging road in Washington State a couple of years ago. Jackie claimed to have seen two sasquatch run across the road in broad daylight. She was the passenger in a car at the time. It almost struck the creatures who came to within four feet of the bonnet. Jackie described them as having course, dark grey hair, massive shoulders, an olive completion, brow ridges, sunken eyes and human like, but flattened noses. She felt they looked like some kind of hominin rather than an ape. The smaller was about six foot six inches tall and the bigger one seven foot six. At first she thought that they were humans in one piece overalls with the hoods up. They tried to run across the road, hesitated for a few seconds as if the were thinking of turning back, then ran down a very steep slope into the forest. It was about 4 in the afternoon. At one point she was close enough to se their faces twitch in alarm.

There was a flurry of sightings in the early 1980s in the northern Sierra Nevada mountains, near the town of Quincy, California. Motorists on the highway kept seeing a large hairy man or ape darting across the road after dark, illuminated by the car headlights. A skeptical local newspaper reporter kept sleuthing, and finally discovered a group of local lads were responsible. A modified gorilla suit and well planned running across the road at the exact moment a car was approaching fooled a lot of people for a couple years.

There was a flurry of sightings in the early 1980s in the northern Sierra Nevada mountains, near the town of Quincy, California. Motorists on the highway kept seeing a large hairy man or ape darting across the road after dark, illuminated by the car headlights. A skeptical local newspaper reporter kept sleuthing, and finally discovered a group of local lads were responsible. A modified gorilla suit and well planned running across the road at the exact moment a car was approaching fooled a lot of people for a couple years.
Well if these were guys in suits they were bloody big guys with masks that could twitch.

The guy that did this followed the CFZ on expeditions to hunt the yeti in north India and the orang-pendek in Sumatra. He didn't use the footage he filmed in this farce (thank god). The said he wanted to make a different film about serious cryptozoologists but it never emerged.
In shooting bigfoot he just rounds up the worst nutters he can find and films them to do a hatchet job on cryptozoology.

The guy that did this followed the CFZ on expeditions to hunt the yeti in north India and the orang-pendek in Sumatra. He didn't use the footage he filmed in this farce (thank god). The said he wanted to make a different film about serious cryptozoologists but it never emerged.
In shooting bigfoot he just rounds up the worst nutters he can find and films them to do a hatchet job on cryptozoology.
It's the Discovery way of making Bigfoot "documentaries". Find the most stereotypical hillbillies available and make a series about them looking for Bigfoot, never finding anything.

Last edited:

I don't think it was hack job on cryptozoology as such, although I think you made a mistake taking him along with you. By the way, did this guy do any filming at the Weird Weekend?

I do think that it was pretty much a cheap shot though. Dyer was obviously playing along, and very well I must say. He's got no talent as a hoaxer but he certainly has as an actor. The greasy loon with the entourage, whichever one that was, showed himself up to be a worthy target. But the two guys wandering around didn't deserve to be mocked. That was low.

They were obviously not OK, especially the small one. Hadn't he had a head injury? And the huge one was obviously a really decent soul but again, perhaps not really OK in himself.

Not on.

It's the Discovery way of making Bigfoot "documentaries". Find the most stereotypical hillbillies available and make a series about them looking for Bigfoot, without never finding anything.

Possibly because there's nothing there to actually find..

It's the Discovery way of making Bigfoot "documentaries". Find the most stereotypical hillbillies available and make a series about them looking for Bigfoot, without never finding anything.
I'm a Sasquatch with a stopwatch ..

I don't think it was hack job on cryptozoology as such, although I think you made a mistake taking him along with you. By the way, did this guy do any filming at the Weird Weekend?

I do think that it was pretty much a cheap shot though. Dyer was obviously playing along, and very well I must say. He's got no talent as a hoaxer but he certainly has as an actor. The greasy loon with the entourage, whichever one that was, showed himself up to be a worthy target. But the two guys wandering around didn't deserve to be mocked. That was low.

They were obviously not OK, especially the small one. Hadn't he had a head injury? And the huge one was obviously a really decent soul but again, perhaps not really OK in himself.

Not on.[/QUOTE
Yes he did as part of a fly on the wall film following the CFZ for a year. It never materialized.
The two hillbillies were obviously unwell up top. 99.9 times out of 100 the media will lie, distort and twist what they film to their own agenda. They have no interest in facts just their pre-concived story.

Odd, my reply didn't seem to come out. Anyhow, yes he filmed at the Weird Weekend as part of a fly on the wall documentary where he was supposed to follow the CFZ for a year. It never materialized. Making crap films about false bigfoot hunters and the cast of the Harry Potter films was apparently more interesting.
The film of 'bigfoot' at the end is laughable. I wrote to him saying "both you and I know that this is no more a sasquatch than it is a tiger's arse. Its a guy in a costume and what's more I even recognise the make of costume.
The two hillbillies were obviously unwell up top.

Odd, my reply didn't seem to come out. Anyhow, yes he filmed at the Weird Weekend as part of a fly on the wall documentary where he was supposed to follow the CFZ for a year. It never materialized. Making crap films about false bigfoot hunters and the cast of the Harry Potter films was apparently more interesting.
The film of 'bigfoot' at the end is laughable. I wrote to him saying "both you and I know that this is no more a sasquatch than it is a tiger's arse. Its a guy in a costume and what's more I even recognise the make of costume.
The two hillbillies were obviously unwell up top.

Did you catch the Tetzoo podcast where Darren Naish mentions his impression of what he was getting up to at the WW? Saying that he's probably said to you himself.

Did you catch the Tetzoo podcast where Darren Naish mentions his impression of what he was getting up to at the WW? Saying that he's probably said to you himself.
Nope, missed that, do you have a link to that episode?

Nope, missed that, do you have a link to that episode?

I can't remember which, it's the one where they discuss 'Shooting Bigfoot' though. But basically as far as I remember Naish said I that he'd seen a filmmaker doing something similar at the Weird Weekend. He said he'd watched him focus on anyone dropping off in the audience ,I think also anyone who looked a bit odd, that sort of thing. I'm not sure he realised it was the same guy though.

I took it to mean that the filmmaker was setting you up, but I can't say if that was the point that Naish was making.

I can't remember which, it's the one where they discuss 'Shooting Bigfoot' though. But basically as far as I remember Naish said I that he'd seen a filmmaker doing something similar at the Weird Weekend. He said he'd watched him focus on anyone dropping off in the audience ,I think also anyone who looked a bit odd, that sort of thing. I'm not sure he realised it was the same guy though.

I took it to mean that the filmmaker was setting you up, but I can't say if that was the point that Naish was making.
Yes he did interview some of the more 'whacked out' attendees a god nut from a loonie bin and a UFO freak. I have very little trust in the media. However I did make a doc with a French guy on the orang-pendek in 2013 who was genuinely interested and put in hard work.

Dallas Gilbert, the world’s greatest Bigfoot hunter, has passed away. He was 67-years-old.
Dallas was well-known in Bigfoot research circles for his mountains of photographic evidence and theories that pushed the boundaries of cryptozoology, but most of all, for being one of the kindest souls in the community.

The world met Dallas when he was featured in the documentary Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie, which followed the struggle of he and his best friend, Wayne Burton, as they attempted to capture evidence of Sasquatch near their hometown of Portsmouth, Ohio. The documentary went on to garner great reviews at dozens of the country’s biggest film festivals, including SXSW.

http://weekinweird.com/2016/12/09/n...ilbert-worlds-greatest-sasquatch-hunter-died/

Dallas Gilbert, the world’s greatest Bigfoot hunter, has passed away. He was 67-years-old.
Dallas was well-known in Bigfoot research circles for his mountains of photographic evidence and theories that pushed the boundaries of cryptozoology, but most of all, for being one of the kindest souls in the community.

The world met Dallas when he was featured in the documentary Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie, which followed the struggle of he and his best friend, Wayne Burton, as they attempted to capture evidence of Sasquatch near their hometown of Portsmouth, Ohio. The documentary went on to garner great reviews at dozens of the country’s biggest film festivals, including SXSW.

http://weekinweird.com/2016/12/09/n...ilbert-worlds-greatest-sasquatch-hunter-died/

Rest In Peace Dallas.

Sasquatch covered in marijuana leaves spotted during live report about snow storm

A reporter in Massachusetts has quite the story to tell after Sasquatch was spotted while she was doing a live report about the snow storm Thursday.

In the corner of the screen, viewers could see the mythical creature creeping into the reporter's shot.

http://abc13.com/1747730/

Sasquatch covered in marijuana leaves spotted during live report about snow storm

A reporter in Massachusetts has quite the story to tell after Sasquatch was spotted while she was doing a live report about the snow storm Thursday.

In the corner of the screen, viewers could see the mythical creature creeping into the reporter's shot.

http://abc13.com/1747730/
I'm sorry Tribble but I can't quite see it .. just a shadow maybe ? .. can anyone provide an outlined screen shot please ?..

I'm sorry Tribble but I can't quite see it .. just a shadow maybe ? .. can anyone provide an outlined screen shot please ?..

Just another blurry shadow that someone claims is proof...

SANTA FE, NM (KRQE/WCMH) — A lawmaker in New Mexico has proposed a bill that would make it illegal for state-funded colleges to go hunting for mythical creatures.

It all started in October when it came to light that a University of New Mexico-Gallup professor led an expedition to find Bigfoot.

Dr. Christopher Dyer presides over students and faculty at UNM’s Gallup Campus. While he insisted that he searches for the mythical creature in his own time, an investigation by NBC4’s sister station KRQE found that Dr. Dyer had left New Mexico’s taxpayers on the hook for more than $7,000 in Bigfoot-related expenses, including a two-day, on-campus Bigfoot conference. After the conference, Dr. Dyer led a university-funded expedition to find Bigfoot in the Sandia Mountains. They didn’t find him.

When this information came to light, New Mexico State Sen. George Munoz sponsored a bill that would ban pubic funds from being spent on “looking for or catching a fictitious creature.”

“It’s sad that we have to do this, that they don’t have the ethics, that UNM doesn’t have the ethics to stop this,” Sen. Munoz said. “And now we have to draft bills to stop something that is not morally right.”

Munoz also had a little fun with the bill. In addition to Bigfoot, it also bans publicly funded searches for Pokémon, leprechauns and the Bogeyman.

Sen. Munoz said what Dr. Dyer did was unfair to students because they pay a lot of money to go to school and it shouldn’t be spent on this.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/02/12/bigfoot...state-funded-searches-for-mythical-creatures/

Back