• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A "large primate skull" was allegedly found in British Columbia by American YouTuber Coyote Peterson, according to social media posts he shared on Thursday (July 7). In those posts, Peterson wrote that he had hid the discovery "for several weeks" from government officials and any others who might "try to cease [sic] our footage" of the excavation. However, experts told Live Science that Peterson's claim is highly suspect and that secretly extracting and transporting animal remains across national borders may be illegal.

https://www.livescience.com/coyote-peterson-primate-skull-fiasco

While I'd place a good bit of cash that this is indeed a stunt for clicks and attention, I do wish that they wouldn't call it a "cast" so quickly without being certain. I'm not convinced it "matches the cast" sold online. It may be a real skull, placed in the mud and retrieved. But I do accept that it certainly is a gorilla skull. Not sure what this goof is on about but it's not cool. However, the Bigfoot believers are eating it up, they are way too gullible.

From Facebook

View attachment 56914

I am a "bigfoot believer (of sorts)" and I am not gullible. It looks like a gorilla; the finder is dramatic and professionally paranoid. It looks faked for a specific reason: increasing followers.

People who reject all findings because some have been faked or because the popular field is over-run by scammers are gullible. Professional believers and professional disbelievers alike are all gullible because they don't follow the science for each specific instance.

I am a "bigfoot believer (of sorts)" and I am not gullible. It looks like a gorilla; the finder is dramatic and professionally paranoid. It looks faked for a specific reason: increasing followers.

People who reject all findings because some have been faked or because the popular field is over-run by scammers are gullible. Professional believers and professional disbelievers alike are all gullible because they don't follow the science for each specific instance.
There have been exponentially more confirmed hoaxes in the history of cryptozoology than confirmed successes. I'll stick with the odds. That's scientific. In these modern times, where we know at least a little about a lot of things, there is not much sense in expending energy to examine every typical paranormal claim individually when the prior plausibility is essentially zero. All arrows pointed towards this being bogus. But MANY people overreacted and gave this dude exactly what he wanted - attention.

Must have been a slow news day...

Oklahoma Man Says Bigfoot Made Him Kill His Fishing Partner​

Larry Sanders was arrested for the murder of his fishing partner, who he says had “summoned Bigfoot” to off him, according to police.
A day out hand fishing for catfish on the South Canadian River in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma, has turned into a murder investigation after a man claims Bigfoot forced him to kill his friend.

Larry Sanders, 53, stands charged with first-degree murder after allegedly admitting first to a family member and later to police to killing his noodling fishing partner Jimmy Knighten, who Sanders claimed wanted him dead by the hand of the mythical monster Bigfoot. Noodling is a popular fishing technique used in the southern United States to catch a fish by sticking one’s hand in its mouth.

The local sheriff, John Christian, told local media that Sanders “appeared to be under the influence of something” when he told police he had struck, strangled, and then drowned Knighten.

“So, his statement was that Mr. Knighten had summoned ‘Bigfoot’ to come and kill him, and that’s why he had to kill Mr. Knighten,” Christian told local reporters.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/oklahoma-man-says-bigfoot-made-him-kill-his-fishing-partner-police-say

Is that a wheel at the bottom of the alleged bigfoot picture?

I'm not sure what you're referring to ... :dunno:

Are you referring to the bright spot in the vicinity of the figure's thighs?

I can't help but parse the image as a helmeted trail bike rider with a large shoulder bag looking back over his right shoulder. The bright spot I mentioned might be sunlight reflected off his bike's rear fender or his illuminated brake light.

I'm not sure what you're referring to ... :dunno:

Are you referring to the bright spot in the vicinity of the figure's thighs?

I can't help but parse the image as a helmeted trail bike rider with a large shoulder bag looking back over his right shoulder. The bright spot I mentioned might be sunlight reflected off his bike's rear fender or his illuminated brake light.
1659893356174.png

...agree with your parsing, I thought it looked just like a bike rider.

What Is Bigfoot? Town Hall (1992)​

As usual the sceptics sound fatuous and stupid. Neither are zoologists.

I'm not so sure about this...

Man Believes He’s Discovered Bigfoot’s “Elk Boneyard”​

When it comes to legends about Bigfoot, I like to quote Fox Mulder: “I want to believe.” Maybe it’s the nature-lover in me. I’d like to think that no matter how many forests we’ve cut down and paradises we’ve paved, there are still things out there in the wilderness that we don’t know about yet. And maybe one of those things is a giant bipedal mammal who likes to shake trees and scream.

Unfortunately, we Bigfoot enthusiasts can sometimes tie ourselves in knots trying to link any piece of evidence we find to the big guy. Fallen trees? Bigfoot. Branches twisted into an X? Bigfoot. Strange sounds? Bigfoot. Piles of bones? Well…
https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle...87bd1ebf7dc9a09&ocid=winp2sv1plustaskbarhover

Bigfoot filmed in Tennessee (allegedly):

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/video-bigfoot-filmed-in-tennessee/

Not convinced myself, looks like a large guy prowling around, far too much obvious 'give away' activity to be an elusive cryptic
I thought so too P_E, It seemed to me to be almost 'mugging' for the camera...but the unusual length of Its arms had me in a state of hopeful belief.

Tiny head though, and with a body that size, it would have a problem with heat dissipation in mid summer.

And then there is the 'reaction' of the observer...

Yeah Nah P_E.

Deloy's 'ape' is indeed a big spider-monkey. It is a female, what looks like a penis is actually a large, external clitoris. Its forward facing nostrils and vestigial thumbs all clearly point this out as a a spider-monkey. Apes and hominins do not have these features.

Back