• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
It's almost as if they don't want to be able to tell the difference between a Bigfoot and a man in a ghillie suit. :thought:
This was in reply to a post about Expedition Bigfoot. I have just watched an episode where they came up with the theory that Bigfoots sometimes disguise themselves as..wait for it..a man in a ghillie suit. :bored:

Crafty buggers aren’t they? Is the plural of Bigfoot Bigfoots or Bigfeet?
It's 'bigfoots', they just have big feet. Which raises the question, shouldn't the singular be 'bigfeet', and the plural 'bigfeets'? After all, nobody ever claimed bigfoot has only one big foot. Apart from The Goodies.

A "large primate skull" was allegedly found in British Columbia by American YouTuber Coyote Peterson, according to social media posts he shared on Thursday (July 7). In those posts, Peterson wrote that he had hid the discovery "for several weeks" from government officials and any others who might "try to cease [sic] our footage" of the excavation. However, experts told Live Science that Peterson's claim is highly suspect and that secretly extracting and transporting animal remains across national borders may be illegal.

https://www.livescience.com/coyote-peterson-primate-skull-fiasco

While I'd place a good bit of cash that this is indeed a stunt for clicks and attention, I do wish that they wouldn't call it a "cast" so quickly without being certain. I'm not convinced it "matches the cast" sold online. It may be a real skull, placed in the mud and retrieved. But I do accept that it certainly is a gorilla skull. Not sure what this goof is on about but it's not cool. However, the Bigfoot believers are eating it up, they are way too gullible.

From Facebook

View attachment 56914

His YouTube video for this says it's fake pretty much from the beginning. The entire video is hammed up and has a completely different tone from his other output.

His Brave Wilderness channel is great fun and has really encouraged my two children to get an interest in animals and the environment. Every now and again he and his team do a little skit just like this. Just part of the entertainment.

Crafty buggers aren’t they? Is the plural of Bigfoot Bigfoots or Bigfeet?
I think it was Loren Coleman who said the plural should be Bigfoot. As with deer, moose, elk, and so on. I don't reckon it matters much. None of the uses mentioned seem confusing. I wonder what a rabble of Bigfoot should be called. Gang? Passel? Posse?

I think it was Loren Coleman who said the plural should be Bigfoot. As with deer, moose, elk, and so on. I don't reckon it matters much. None of the uses mentioned seem confusing. I wonder what a rabble of Bigfoot should be called. Gang? Passel? Posse?
A stench of Bigfoot for big groups. A whiff for small groups.

I'm not totally sure there isn't some weird phenomenon or unknown creature behind the Bigfoot sightings, but the sheer delusion of the hardcore true believers is definitely impressive and cult-like.

This "Sasquatch" is universally praised by the channel author & his following for being "legit" and "moving smoothly" and "like the Patterson-Gimlin film".

sigh...

I'm not totally sure there isn't some weird phenomenon or unknown creature behind the Bigfoot sightings, but the sheer delusion of the hardcore true believers is definitely impressive and cult-like.

This "Sasquatch" is universally praised by the channel author & his following for being "legit" and "moving smoothly" and "like the Patterson-Gimlin film".

sigh...

It is so convincing when the camera pans around the lake then stops and goes back to where Bigfoot will shortly appear.... They then slowly steer the boat towards where the creature was seen rather than where it was headed *sigh*

Wow it really says fail when Thinker Thunker calls your hoax out as a fake! That fellow seems to endorse almost every blobsquatch as the real thing.
I've always found him to be a very good and reasoned researcher. He goes into detail if he thinks a picture is genuine.

sigh...

Posted "Looks like a person in a too big costume, having problems walking normally." on the video and got shadow banned.

I've always found him to be a very good and reasoned researcher. He goes into detail if he thinks a picture is genuine.
Really? That's never been my impression - unless I'm confusing him with someone else. Is he the dude who insists two obviously human hunters, wearing shirts and pants are two Sasquatch?

Really? That's never been my impression - unless I'm confusing him with someone else. Is he the dude who insists two obviously human hunters, wearing shirts and pants are two Sasquatch?
He has done detailed analysis of the Patty film and concluded it is real from the proportions of the subject. He is very honest and points out hoaxes. Never seen the hunters in shirts and pants thing.

He has done detailed analysis of the Patty film and concluded it is real from the proportions of the subject. He is very honest and points out hoaxes. Never seen the hunters in shirts and pants thing.
I'll check out his channel - maybe I'm mixing him up with someone else

Posted "Looks like a person in a too big costume, having problems walking normally." on the video and got shadow banned.
Ah, so that's why there's no negative comments under the vid. I never know what to make of people who express such mindblowing gullibility & at the same time suppress all dissent. Is he a true believer, or is he intent on exploiting other true believers for gain?

You're absolutely right about what it looks like btw. I'd add "and is clearly picking his way carefully and painfully like a swimmer walking to the water on a rocky beach"

What a circus is has all become. Such a shame as we have spy cameras that can read a newspaper from space, drones, blimps and HD camera traps etc. Thus, we have the technology but not the financial backing to explore the Pacific Northwest and Canadian wilderness and all this fakery and conspiratorial attitudes will simply drive any potential benefactors away. Again, I blame the internet and multi-channel tv.

Back