• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I'm thinking "How about neither of the two" - but hey, this is the USA:

To Kill or to Capture Bigfoot: The Great Cryptozoological Debate

How do you kill Bigfoot?

“You would need a heavy-duty rifle,” according Jim Lansdale, co-founder of the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization (GCBRO). “I would suggest a 30-aught-six or better; .458 or something like that. Maybe a seven-mag’. But it’s all shot placement and you’d have to shoot him in the head. You can’t body-shoot him. They’re too big.”

Lansdale has thought a lot about killing Bigfoot. He even starred in a reality show about it, called Killing Bigfoot on Destination America. In the recent canon of Bigfoot-focused pseudoscientific backwood shows and documentaries—including Finding Bigfoot, Discovering Bigfoot, 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot BountyKilling Bigfoot is the only show that unapologetically promotes Bigfoot bloodlust. It follows Lansdale and the rest of the GCBRO crew as they investigate Bigfoot reports and try to put a bullet in the brain of a creature that has never been proven to exist.

GCBRO has placed itself firmly on one side of a contentious debate within the cryptozoological community—should humans be allowed to wantonly slaughter Sasquatch—a creature that (if it exists) may be endangered and contain genetic wonders?

https://gizmodo.com/to-kill-or-to-capture-bigfoot-the-great-cryptozoologic-1828509576?IR=T

Killing a sasquatch would not be murder under English law.

Murder is defined, at common law rather than by statute, as:

“...the unlawful killing of a reasonable person in being under the Queen's peace with malice aforethought express or implied.”

maximus otter

“...the unlawful killing of a reasonable person in being under the Queen's peace with malice aforethought express or implied.”

maximus otter

I wish I'd known that sooner. I could have bumped off a former colleague - he's never been reasonable in his life :)

maximus otter

Well as a sasquatch is not legally a person, has not been proven reasonable, and has never been under the Queen's peace, I think they qualify as fair game.

Now, much as I hate to say it, I don't think anyone will ever believe you have found a sasquatch unless you can bring in physical evidence. I don't think anyone would object to bringing in a live sasquatch, but I don't think the chances of being able to do that are high at all. They are, by all accounts, 9 foot tall and incredible hulk strong and will likely rip out of most cages. Frankly I think even shooting one may constitute a grave danger to your life, because if you don't kill them outright, they will make a terrible mess of you. They may well also move in groups.

A video titled 'The best Bigfoot sightings of 2018 (August) ..

On fortean culture... The SCP 1000 entry is a delightful piece of fiction on Bigfoot.

I appreciate the serious nature of this thread and hope that this offering that illustrates how I respond to cryptozoo won't ruffle any feathers. Or fur.

Nick Redfern on a Bigfoot, UFO, MIB and Grim Reaper encounter in Pennsylvania:

It was the dark night of October 25, 1973 when all hell broke loose in the heart of Fayette County. The primary player in the story was one Steve Palmer who was both amazed and frightened to see a brightly illuminated UFO hovering over local farmland, around 9.00 p.m. But that wasn’t all that Palmer encountered: a pair of immense, ape-like animals with very long and muscular arms surfaced out of the shadows of the dark field and proceeded to walk right towards Palmer, himself. He wasted no time and blasted them with a salvo of bullets.

Very weirdly, the bullets appeared to have no effect – at all – on either creature, and they retreated into the darkness. The UFO did likewise, vanishing in an instant. That was not the end of the affair, however. Approximately four hours later, things took on even stranger, and far more terrifying, proportions.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/11/one-of-the-strangest-bigfoot-incidents-of-all/

I've been listening to a few of the more "respectable" Bigfoot (and Dogman) podcasts lately, most callers seem quite honest and straitforward ,some seem to be still quite upset/confused/angry/emotional about their sightings. Many of the people are outdoors men and women, they often seem to be the most upset. It would seem that there are about 4 or 5 different types of Bigfoots !. A few are seen at night with glowing eyes (not reflective,the witness's are quite clear on that), no animal has glowing eyes,ergo,some of these are not real animals, what they may be I have no idea. Some would seem to be predatory and some would appear relatively peaceful. Most seem to stink, a few witness's have mentioned that the rear ends of these "animals" were caked in faeces. Almost all of the alleged footage/stills that are online are pretty obvious fakes, a few...well, not sure but certainly not definite. Some of the podcasts are up to 400 episodes with usually 2 guests each episode, so add up all the callers to all the different podcasts and it comes to well over a 1000. Are they all making it up/mistaking a known animal ?. As someone once said "It's worrying that we have a huge blurry monster running around the woods". As for the Dogman, one of the really strange things that witness's report is that when they go from 4 legs to standing on 2 legs they can hear popping and crackling. Is it all fantasy or reality or something inbetween?. I want to know.:mad:

I've been listening to a few of the more "respectable" Bigfoot (and Dogman) podcasts lately, most callers seem quite honest and straitforward ,some seem to be still quite upset/confused/angry/emotional about their sightings. Many of the people are outdoors men and women, they often seem to be the most upset. It would seem that there are about 4 or 5 different types of Bigfoots !. A few are seen at night with glowing eyes (not reflective,the witness's are quite clear on that), no animal has glowing eyes,ergo,some of these are not real animals, what they may be I have no idea. Some would seem to be predatory and some would appear relatively peaceful. Most seem to stink, a few witness's have mentioned that the rear ends of these "animals" were caked in faeces. Almost all of the alleged footage/stills that are online are pretty obvious fakes, a few...well, not sure but certainly not definite. Some of the podcasts are up to 400 episodes with usually 2 guests each episode, so add up all the callers to all the different podcasts and it comes to well over a 1000. Are they all making it up/mistaking a known animal ?. As someone once said "It's worrying that we have a huge blurry monster running around the woods". As for the Dogman, one of the really strange things that witness's report is that when they go from 4 legs to standing on 2 legs they can hear popping and crackling. Is it all fantasy or reality or something inbetween?. I want to know.:mad:

Ditto mate. It seems that there are 'urban myths', which seem no less credible, then there are those that are the denizens of old old cultures that have survived and seem to be well known for specific traits...their names though, like Manitou, Saskwatch, Yowie, Yeti are associated with the spirit world of this planet, rather than another animal or human - I believe that Manitou and Saskwatch means spirit in it's purest translation (please correct me if I have that wrong)

The Oldest continual culture on this planet sees us - in fact everything, as belonging to the Tjukurrpa (Dreaming), with all of their spirit beings able to come into this false reality that we inhabit, then, when they have done what they needed to do, they cross back over.

Maybe this explains our lack of evidence.

We have intelligent and wise people who have seen the Old Man of the forest - in fact if we are fortunate enough, we see oddities that have no explanation at all, and which would suit better, origins in The Dreaming...

Stumbled over a sasquatch doc i'd not seen before. Obviously the Japanese sea monster carcass they show is a rotten basking shark.

The video is called "Bigfoot: Real Monster or Urban Myth?" Surely Bigfoot is a rural or a wilderness myth (if BF is a myth)? LOL pendantry.

There's a reason for that.

Yes there is. A damn good reason too. People like physical evidence, and extraordinary claims require such evidence. I am always hopeful when I hear someone has some.

I may, or may not have a picture of a Bigfoot that I took in June of this year. Or, it may just be a case of pareidolia.
To give a short back story to it...
My wife and I were travelling in the United States and were driving from Maine to Vermont through New Hampshire.
Google maps suggested a number of scenic stops along the way as we were heading to Franconia Notch National Park in New Hampshire, one being Lower Falls recreation area on the Swift River.
An area of vast natural beauty, supremely scenic, we stopped to stretch out legs, take advantage of the restrooms and snaps a few images.
There were people paddling in the river and sunbathing on the large rocks in it and alongside the river banks.
Below you'll see two images, the first being a complete picture of the scene that I took with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) and the second a closeup of the possible Sasquatch.
I was trying to capture the scene with as few people in it as possible, however you'll see in the closeup a family, the mother & father standing on the rocks and their three children paddling in the river far downstream from where I was standing. On the other side of the river bank is a vaguely large, apelike humanoid figure. Perhaps just shadows, perhaps bushes or trees, perhaps rocks or maybe just something unexplainable. I've circled the area in question in red.
Just for fun, I sent the image to the good folks who star on the t.v show 'Finding Bigfoot'. Cliff Barackman found it interesting. Matt Moneymaker liked it and we're now Facebook friends. Ranae the skeptic thought it pareidolia (I expected no less from her) and Bobo ignored me completely.
I'll leave the following for your enjoyment or derision. Me, I like to think I captured a picture of a Bigfoot.

The original image of the scene:
bigfoot.jpg

The closeup with the possible Sasquatch circled:
bigfoot2.jpg

Yep, that's a 'squatch, you can tell because the couple are holding on to each other because they know they are about to be torn limb from limb, and they've obviously forgotten about the kids, typical mother not thinking of her kids....oh wait, maybe not.
What I would give to fly-fish rivers like that !.

Camera trap photo.

The photo's feet are still, so that part is in focus, from the knees up things are blurry with a streak in the photo that indicates motion. Isn't flash usually set at 125th of a second which usually does away with blur, and why does the sasquatch move toward the flash, rather than away. There is no indication of head either...

Why would the creature be standing almost still with its head tucked in but it's upper body moving as if it's lurching forward toward the flash, rather than away - did it sneeze?

Or is it a porcupine on its hind legs...

Attachments

• 1545256781501.png
    1545256781501.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back