• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A new Sasquatch video posted January 1 from Banff National Park, Canada.
I had to watch it twice as the first time I saw nothing out of the ordinary. On second viewing, there does appear to be something, snow covered, slightly moving, taking cover behind the tree. Some commenters mention being able to see the glint of an eye. I, on the other hand, perhaps need better glasses.
As always with these things, make of it what you will...

According to the poster of the video:

I didn't notice the head part of the samsquanch on this video, but did on the video below.
The video seems to belong to a serial fraudster by the name of Sonny Vator.

Washington State webcam catches large figure walking through the snow.
Not that I've ever seen a Bigfoot/Sasquatch though I've always imagined it's gait would be a little more ungainly than the figure in this footage.
I suggest this is a human in puffy snow gear, at least I'm 99% sure. You may think otherwise.
As is often the case with these things, I do however, find it curious.
Click here for a little more background information on this footage.

Washington State webcam catches large figure walking through the snow.
Not that I've ever seen a Bigfoot/Sasquatch though I've always imagined it's gait would be a little more ungainly than the figure in this footage.
I suggest this is a human in puffy snow gear, at least I'm 99% sure. You may think otherwise.
As is often the case with these things, I do however, find it curious.
Click here for a little more background information on this footage.
Yep, human in thick snow gear. Can even see the boots.

Yep, human in thick snow gear. Can even see the boots.

Plus the very deliberate pause and look back, meant to evoke another famous film. Me thinks the people in Washington are having a laugh with the True Believers. :sherlock:

A still image from a Washington State cam this time dated Jan 23...
It's a cut out!
1580077518900.png

When I first saw the most recent photo of this alleged bigfoot:

big1.jpg

... my first impression was, "No wonder Bigfoot is hoofing it away from the road - that appears to be Mothman closing in on him!"

:evillaugh:

Fantastic! There ought to be more of these... or perhaps not. I assume we really do want driver's eyes firmly looking ahead, not scouring the woods for hairy creatures.

When I first saw the most recent photo of this alleged bigfoot:

... my first impression was, "No wonder Bigfoot is hoofing it away from the road - that appears to be Mothman closing in on him!"

:evillaugh:

Well spotted! That's either two great reason for moving to Washington State, or two great reasons not to, depending on your perspective.

There'
Fantastic! There ought to be more of these... or perhaps not. I assume we really do want driver's eyes firmly looking ahead, not scouring the woods for hairy creatures.

There's a cutout like this up on a hill above a highway north of Williamsport, PA on US 15. It's obvious what it is during the day, but I expect at night it's more startling.
I do the something like this for Halloween, setting up a head and hand with reflector eyes and outline in a very dark area of my yard so that car headlights catch it.

(Going back to an earlier subject, do not bother with "Expedition Bigfoot" if you've been planning to watch. 'nuff said.)

I don't remember seeing this video here. It is claimed to be a Bigfoot throwing a tree towards oil workers in Alberta, Canada.

There'

There's a cutout like this up on a hill above a highway north of Williamsport, PA on US 15. It's obvious what it is during the day, but I expect at night it's more startling.
I do the something like this for Halloween, setting up a head and hand with reflector eyes and outline in a very dark area of my yard so that car headlights catch it.

(Going back to an earlier subject, do not bother with "Expedition Bigfoot" if you've been planning to watch. 'nuff said.)
I've always been tempted to do this
TP-eyes-500.png

Things like this fascinate me. Could Bigfoot or the Yeti be real, for me the answer is that it's quite possible. For instance, a new species of cat was discovered in Corsica only a couple of years ago. And last year a new species of whale was discovered off the coast of Japan (poor whales).
Not where I'd like to be living if I were a whale. However until there is definite proof then these creatures will always be cryptids and if they don't want to be found then finding them in these remote places where they're rumoured to live is going to be nigh on impossible. Well that's my tuppence worth on the subject anyway.

The Ohio Grassman makes another appearance. (Edit: If you have 'MonsterQuest' on DVD, there's a great episode on the Grassman in Season 2.)

2 Ohio men say they encountered Bigfoot-like creature at Salt Fork State Park

It was just a leisurely walk in the woods — one they’ve done many times — but this time was different. This time, they spotted something that they say they’ll never forget.

It was Jan. 12 when two Ohio men found themselves staring at what they say resembled Bigfoot or Sasquatch in Salt Fork State Park.

“Should we even be here?” said Eric, one of the two men. Eric did not want his last name revealed.

The figure had the characteristics of Bigfoot — hairy, upright-walking, ape-like creature that dwells in the wilderness and leaves footprints. Depictions often portray them as a missing link between humans and human ancestors or other great apes.

Scientists have discounted the existence of Bigfoot, considering it to be a combination of folklore, misidentification and hoax.
Source: https://www.beaconjournal.com/news/...bigfoot-like-creature-at-salt-fork-state-park

Last edited:
Found this on Reddit yesterday, and historic account of what possibly may have been a Bigfoot/Sasquatch encounter:

'A Man Gorilla Who Lives In a Cave on Stolen Chickens and Potatoes' - An 1891 Newspaper report of a Bigfoot-like creature encountered in a cave in Indiana.
From 'The Courier Journal', Louisville, KY - 03 Apr 1891

Original source:

Thats a grand story.

A bigfoot who hides his tracks by walking up a stony creek. (Now we know why so few tracks are found)

Im sure they would be smart enough to hide that way.

Anyone know where this cave is today? Might be fun for the archaeologists.

Anybody live near Vernon, Indiana, who feels up to some spelunking? Such a dramatic cavern should be documented and mapped by now. Sure, it's been a century, but maybe the creature left some evidence behind, or better yet descendents.
The one in Pembroke reads more like a human wearing furs, as I've never read accounts of Bigfoot making tools.

Anybody live near Vernon, Indiana, who feels up to some spelunking? Such a dramatic cavern should be documented and mapped by now. ...

The area around Vernon, Indiana, is riddled with caves / caverns. The first - and most difficult - task would be to identify which of the many local caverns was the setting for the reported sighting.

Anybody live near Vernon, Indiana, who feels up to some spelunking? Such a dramatic cavern should be documented and mapped by now. Sure, it's been a century, but maybe the creature left some evidence behind, or better yet descendents.
The one in Pembroke reads more like a human wearing furs, as I've never read accounts of Bigfoot making tools.
Relic hominins around the world have been recorded to use clubs but I've yet to hear of one making a tomahawk. The buggers bung rocks quite a lot too.

Back