• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I wonder if this was before or after the high weirdness encounters, linking Bigfoot sightings with UFO s ?
Not too long after - there were a lot of particularly weird and/or multiple phenomena encounters in the late 50s to early 70s, though the really peculiar ones were mostly in the region Midwest to the Rockies.

A bill has been introduced in the Oklahoma legislature to establish a Bigfoot hunting season effective as of November 2021.
Oklahoma Rep. files bill to establish Bigfoot hunting season

A bill to establish a Bigfoot hunting season was introduced in Oklahoma Wednesday.

Representative Justin Humphrey wants Oklahoma Wildlife Commission to establish a Bigfoot hunting season. ...

Humphrey represents a large part of southeastern and south-central Oklahoma that is infamous for bigfoot sightings. They even host a bigfoot festival every year. This year's activities were canceled due to COVID-19. ...

"The Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Commission shall promulgate rules establishing a Bigfoot hunting season. The Commission shall set annual season dates and create any necessary specific hunting licenses and fees". ...

If passed the bill would be effective November 1, 2021.

FULL STORY:
https://ktul.com/news/local/oklahoma-rep-files-bill-to-establish-bigfoot-hunting-season

THE ACTUAL BILL:
http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2021-22 INT/hB/HB1648 INT.PDF

What it means is, if you're out hunting and you shoot a large unknown primate, during the season, and you have a license, you don't have to worry about the legal repercussions of bringing it home, taking it to the taxidermist, etc. It's a legal kill and you can't be prosecuted; though it's possible that the result of your kill will be the revocation of Bigfoot season and the creation of Bigfoot protection legislation, state-funded investigation, etc.

It also means that Bigfoot hunting licenses can provide revenue to the state, which I presume is the real reason for the law - promoting Bigfoot hunting licenses for novelty value could be a moderately lucrative endeavor.

If it's the season, and you don't have a license; or it's out of season, you shoot your primate and you take your chances with public opinion, but there will be poaching fines and social stigma. Although the amount of stigma against poachers varies somewhat from region to region - depending on how well-matched the hunting population's perception of balance in the local faunal assemblage is with the law's assumptions in applying bag limits and so on - it's usually a pretty strong disincentive, because native wildlife belong to the public and the hunting community understands that breaking the rules spoils things for all of them.

If you shoot a human in a bigfoot outfit, during the season, there will be an investigation, but in all probability law enforcement, the judge, and the public will be on your side, not that of the human who was dumb enough to dress up as a game animal during the season. If you shoot one during the off-season, that's manslaughter and/or poaching, depending on circumstances and the sympathies of the judge.

If you shoot a human during bigfoot season and claim that you sincerely thought you shot a bigfoot, which you have a license to kill, there will be an investigation, similar to those undertaken when someone accidentally shoots another human while hunting deer, raccoons, or whatever and claims that they sincerely thought they were shooting their intended prey. In that case, a lot will depend on how distressed you convince law enforcement, the judge, and the public you are about it, and the circumstances of the shot. One thing all good hunters understand is, that it's really easy to be convinced you see the animal you're looking for when it isn't there, and if what is there is another human being, or an out-of-season or otherwise protected animal, you done screwed up and better hope your aim was off. This is why established and posted hunting territories, bright orange hunting jackets, and so on exist, to reduce the chances of this happening. The results of such a shot can vary from getting off with a warning to murder charges, depending on circumstances and the state of pro- and anti-hunting sentiment in the area and in the officials handling your case.

Having only recently come across 'finding bigfoot' on 'blaze' and seeing Matt Moneymaker (a pun surely), bobo/bozo (or wharever) Rene and co. I find it hard to take any of them apart from the self confessed sceptic Rene, seriously, they describe them selves as 'experts' with 20+ years of experence, yet the confess that between them all they have never seen a bigfoot, sasqyatch, skunk ape etc, they travel to these isolated towns after someone has posted a video of 'bigfoot' online, which is usually easily identifiable as a person, they steak out an area and use all sorts of equipment (night vision/infrared cameras etc) and never see anything, they set up lires and traps, but never any sort of motion activated camera nearby, then hear the trap sprung/go back to the lure to discover 'weve just missed a bigfoot', they are in my opinion either complete charlatons or totally incompetent, the witnesses they speak to in their 'town meetings' have more experience of bigfoot than all of the 'experts' put together, are we supposed to take them seriously?

Having only recently come across 'finding bigfoot' on 'blaze' and seeing Matt Moneymaker (a pun surely), bobo/bozo (or wharever) Rene and co. I find it hard to take any of them apart from the self confessed sceptic Rene, seriously, they describe them selves as 'experts' with 20+ years of experence, yet the confess that between them all they have never seen a bigfoot, sasqyatch, skunk ape etc, they travel to these isolated towns after someone has posted a video of 'bigfoot' online, which is usually easily identifiable as a person, they steak out an area and use all sorts of equipment (night vision/infrared cameras etc) and never see anything, they set up lires and traps, but never any sort of motion activated camera nearby, then hear the trap sprung/go back to the lure to discover 'weve just missed a bigfoot', they are in my opinion either complete charlatons or totally incompetent, the witnesses they speak to in their 'town meetings' have more experience of bigfoot than all of the 'experts' put together, are we supposed to take them seriously?

Yeah, it's a tv show. It's edited to shape the whole thing to keep you watching.

I'd watch the Small Town Monsters crew or Lyle Blackburn. They go out and interview people who have had experiences and are pretty impartial,(whilst making a living).

https://www.smalltownmonsters.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Blackburn

A man in a little hole in the ground?
1613265202903.jpeg

I could be wrong but I watched the orignal series/shows when they were first aired and I believe one or two of them claim they did see Bigfoot in the wild. Not that that means it was a real bigfoot.

Bigfoot and Yeti have still not been found but there is more evidence to suggest it's existence. causing a few more skeptic scientists to go look for it too.

I could be wrong but I watched the orignal series/shows when they were first aired and I believe one or two of them claim they did see Bigfoot in the wild. Not that that means it was a real bigfoot.
Moneymaker recorded the Ohio howls and has seen one, as has Bobo Fay (so they say.) They and Barackman have actually been active in Bigfoot research for a long time, and despite my snarkiness toward the programme I do know they are genuinely committed to the pursuit, however questionable the methodology at times.
Bigfoot and Yeti have still not been found but there is more evidence to suggest it's existence. causing a few more skeptic scientists to go look for it too.
There has become a tacit acceptance that people are seeing *something*. Whatever it is, or (as I think) it's multiple things that our brains all construe similarly, there is agreement that individuals have an objective experience that's not easily dismissed owing to the sheer weight of anecdotal evidence (which is a major issue, agreed.) F&B hominids in remote areas are absolutely feasible, though. The problem scientifically, as always, is the search for a blanket explanation rather than the search for multiple ones.

People see Bigfoot and have done for the whole time they have been in those areas.

People have seen wildmen or beastmen in every inhabited continent through every epoch of history.

People see and have seen Bigfoot.

There is a reason people have not been able to produce scientific, irrefutable evidence. There is a reason for this. I would point you towards Patrick Harpur's book, "Daemonic Reality".

I believe Bigfoot, or the wildman, to be very much about us and our relationship with wild places. Manifestations of our ancient, genetic fears of such places. And I do not mean solely spiritual manifestations. These things snap trees and throw stones. They are more than a memory. They exist.

But in what way do they "exist"? In what way does anything "exist". Can there be different types of existence? I think so. Ghosts exist...people see them and have always seen them. Can science prove or disprove their "existence"? Not a chance.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. "
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

So, you cannot deny Bigfoot exists....the question is how it exists. Maybe even why it exists. I suspect without people in those woods there wouldn't be any Bigfoot out there either. Symbiotic relationship. Bigfoot is about us, and about the wildness we can visit but never be part of. There is a reason that every culture, in every country has a long history of wildmen. Because they exist, as we do. And because of us. And there is a reason nobody has ever served up a body to science. And never will.

People see Bigfoot and have done for the whole time they have been in those areas.

People have seen wildmen or beastmen in every inhabited continent through every epoch of history.

People see and have seen Bigfoot.

There is a reason people have not been able to produce scientific, irrefutable evidence. There is a reason for this. I would point you towards Patrick Harpur's book, "Daemonic Reality".

I believe Bigfoot, or the wildman, to be very much about us and our relationship with wild places. Manifestations of our ancient, genetic fears of such places. And I do not mean solely spiritual manifestations. These things snap trees and throw stones. They are more than a memory. They exist.

But in what way do they "exist"? In what way does anything "exist". Can there be different types of existence? I think so. Ghosts exist...people see them and have always seen them. Can science prove or disprove their "existence"? Not a chance.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. "
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

So, you cannot deny Bigfoot exists....the question is how it exists. Maybe even why it exists. I suspect without people in those woods there wouldn't be any Bigfoot out there either. Symbiotic relationship. Bigfoot is about us, and about the wildness we can visit but never be part of. There is a reason that every culture, in every country has a long history of wildmen. Because they exist, as we do. And because of us. And there is a reason nobody has ever served up a body to science. And never will.
If a bigfoot falls over in the woods and there is nobody to hear it, does it make a sound?

Back