• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
But they're generally not reported as being bipedal apes. Or apes generally.

If they were then people would say- I saw an ape.

Not- I saw a Bigfoot.

Last edited:
People see Bigfoot and have done for the whole time they have been in those areas.

People have seen wildmen or beastmen in every inhabited continent through every epoch of history.

People see and have seen Bigfoot.

There is a reason people have not been able to produce scientific, irrefutable evidence. There is a reason for this. I would point you towards Patrick Harpur's book, "Daemonic Reality".

I believe Bigfoot, or the wildman, to be very much about us and our relationship with wild places. Manifestations of our ancient, genetic fears of such places. And I do not mean solely spiritual manifestations. These things snap trees and throw stones. They are more than a memory. They exist.

But in what way do they "exist"? In what way does anything "exist". Can there be different types of existence? I think so. Ghosts exist...people see them and have always seen them. Can science prove or disprove their "existence"? Not a chance.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. "
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

So, you cannot deny Bigfoot exists....the question is how it exists. Maybe even why it exists. I suspect without people in those woods there wouldn't be any Bigfoot out there either. Symbiotic relationship. Bigfoot is about us, and about the wildness we can visit but never be part of. There is a reason that every culture, in every country has a long history of wildmen. Because they exist, as we do. And because of us. And there is a reason nobody has ever served up a body to science. And never will.

Quite possibly the very worst book i ever read. Not only utter hogwash but so badly written i had to force myself to finish it. The whole thing was a chore. Harpur's spooks don't leave behind DNA but the yeti and the almasty have.

As the discussion then wandered off the more specific Bigfoot / Sasquatch discussion and back into the realms of general DNA, I've merged all of our existing DNA threads into one main one: Manbeast DNA investigations and discoveries. Please confine future DNA-related discussions to there especially when talking in global terms.

I'll be moving the Ketchum, Sykes etc stuff embedded within other threads in due course.

Harpur's spooks don't leave behind DNA but the yeti and the almasty have.

Then the Yeti and Almasty are clearly not any of Harpur's "spooks".

Not difficult is it...

In regards to your "criticism" of Harpur's book you make yourself appear foolish. That you didn't like it or get anything from it is perfectly acceptable. But to suggest such an acclaimed and influential book is badly-written "utter hogwash" says more about you than the book. I appreciate that it's not an easy book for people with little imagination or sense of the mysterious to understand. It's not black and white.

If it's flesh and blood "monsters" you want to go chasing then good luck to you.

(You won't find them. They are not what you think they are.)

Bear DNA.

Horse DNA.

Raccoon DNA.

Last edited:
If it's flesh and blood "monsters" you want to go chasing then good luck to you.

Oooh - I'd be careful, there. I can personally vouch for the fact that lordmongrove knows of which he speaks. While I agree a large number of sightings are not of flesh and blood creatures, that doesn't mean there are none.

There are flesh and blood creatures.

And there are not flesh and blood creatures, that often appear in a way similar to flesh and blood creatures. But aren't flesh and blood creatures. It is these Harpur writes about.

There is no disagreement here.

I appreciate Mongrove is something of a sacred cow round here. But when he posts foolishly I'm going to point it out. Reputation doesn't mean anything. So, I appreciate the warning to take care, I'm good mate.

And, of course, I have little doubt that I am completely wrong about everything I post on this board.

Because we all are.

Last edited:
OK, no problem. All I will say is I've spoken personally with lots of investigators, researchers and witnesses, and whilst I think Harpur (and Keel, Clark et al before him) are probably right in a lot of cases, it doesn't mean this is the cause in all cases. My own belief is that there are many things that we construe similarly.

re sacred cows - nope. We try our best to have none. However there are those that we know do have in-depth knowledge, so it's bad form to dismiss their entire field. In much of Forteanism generally, beliefs and opinions are all we have, so mutual respect is crucial.

...it doesn't mean this is the cause in all cases.

I agree Stu, and I never posted anything to the contrary.

There are lots and lots of new species of animals on this planet to find. Particularly in the oceans.

I personally am pretty confident that Sasquatch, for example, is one of them.

This was the limit of my postings.

I agree Stu, and I never posted anything to the contrary.
However, you can see how:

..could be construed otherwise? Glad we've established where everyone stands though: I think we'll work out what's going on eventually, one way (or two, three, four ways..) or another.

Not difficult is it...

In regards to your "criticism" of Harpur's book you make yourself appear foolish. That you didn't like it or get anything from it is perfectly acceptable. But to suggest such an acclaimed and influential book is badly-written "utter hogwash" says more about you than the book. I appreciate that it's not an easy book for people with little imagination or sense of the mysterious to understand. It's not black and white.

Bear DNA.

Horse DNA.

Raccoon DNA.

No, professor Sykes and Dr Bellamain discovered primate DNA. " People with little imagination or sense of the mysterious" Are you referring to me? I've probed the mysterious for decades and i pride myself on my imagination. The book was just very, very badly written, appallingly dull. Janet and Colin Bord cover much the same ground in Alien Animals as does John Keel in Strange Creatures from Time and Space but they are decent writers who can keep a reader's intrest.

"I appreciate Mongrove is something of a sacred cow round here. But when he posts foolishly I'm going to point it out."
Act your god damn age. I didn't post foolishly, you posted like a child.

Not difficult is it...

Bear DNA.

Horse DNA.

Raccoon DNA.
A bit unecessary CJ he was commenting on a book not having a dig at you.

Bigfoot bounty balloons to $2.1M in massive campaign to capture creature

Just weeks after state Rep. Justin Humphrey presented a bill to capture the mythical creature, the bounty – which originally was a paltry $25,000 – has ballooned to $2.1 million.

bigfoot-3.jpg

The current plan is to allow businesses along State Highway 259A to sell annual Bigfoot tracking permits and profits from the sales would stay in local communities.

Humphrey said his ultimate goal is to draw in tourists by providing safe, affordable fun. Unless, of course, Bigfoot is real and puts up a fight …

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/bigfoot-bounty-balloons-to-2-1m-in-oklahoma/

maximus otter

Perhaps they're just tulpas? Created by people's mind through thousands of years, with the look as people has been told about them?

Thats what I thought.

The Wildman is an architype.

And remember...we were all hairy creatures once.

(But how do Tulpas make footprints?)

As in Duuuuuude..... I just saw the Hairy Tulpas play with the Septic Skeptics over at the Fortean Forum... The Alien Hubcaps opened for them..
Duuuuuude.... :actw:

Back