• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Bigfoot society is getting organized against agression! It's sad, but I can't say I blame them. And the use of salmon as both provisioning and as a weapon shows a sense of economy, frugality, and care for the common soldier that more modern military forces would do well to emulate. One wonders how they keep in touch with their Tibetan and South American allies, however.

http://zapatopi.net/bsa/militia/

Join the Sasquatch Militia!

PeniG said:
Bigfoot society is getting organized against agression! It's sad, but I can't say I blame them. And the use of salmon as both provisioning and as a weapon shows a sense of economy, frugality, and care for the common soldier that more modern military forces would do well to emulate. One wonders how they keep in touch with their Tibetan and South American allies, however.

http://zapatopi.net/bsa/militia/

Join the Sasquatch Militia!

Oh dear. That opens the door to the possibility of bigfeet ritually performing the fish slapping dance. I will be monitoring youtube with interest.

Weird New (to me at least) Bigfoot Video!
Is This Bigfoot?

What do you make of the recent "Bigfoot" sightings?

An old legend is once again coming to life. Over the last week there have been multiple sightings of a “Bigfoot" in rural Atoka County in Oklahoma.

While the sightings were met with mixed reviews, a local store owner took matters into his own hands by setting up game cameras hoping to catch a glimpse.

Look at the picture he took and you be the judge.

Is it big foot, a bear or maybe a cruel joke?

And a side note, there were also big foot sightings a few weeks earlier in a nearby county.

Looks kind of like a guy carrying a rug, but I guess you never know.... ;)

You can find a few more stills from that video on Cryptomundo. I agree with their assessment that "It looks like a person wearing an animal pelt draped over their back".

Yep, it's a bloke with a rug on his back. TBH, I'm almost more intrigued by the line from the report MrRING cited that says:
MrRING said:
A cruel joke? In what way is it cruel?

Mind you, the report did say one woman was apparently taken to hospital with a man-with-rug-on-back induced panic attack.

stuneville said:
Yep, it's a bloke with a rug on his back. TBH, I'm almost more intrigued by the line from the report MrRING cited that says:
MrRING said:
A cruel joke? In what way is it cruel?

Mind you, the report did say one woman was apparently taken to hospital with a man-with-rug-on-back induced panic attack.

Maybe it was a man wearing a bigfoot pelt on his back.
:p

It would be pretty cruel to whatever was wearing the skin before the bloke got hold of it.

Now there is a rumor that a bigfoot has been shot:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/prtimeline/

the website does admit that it is "probably a hoax or prank story"
but many of the people and place names are accurate -- so if
it is a tall tale, it is "locally grown".

In a sorta related incident, I had a large hawk land on the ground
in my yard yesterday. I grabbed the digital camera and tried
to get a good shot of this very abnormal event.
I shot about 20 photos as quickly as I could. Every one of them makes the Patterson film look like "Gone with the Wind".
Many are blurred, some are against a dark tree -- the hawk moved partially behind a bush so you aren't sure what you are seeing...
I now FULLY understand what Bigfoot and UFO witnesses go through
and why their photos are usually so bad.

Very interesting day...
TVgeek

TVgeek said:
Now there is a rumor that a bigfoot has been shot:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/prtimeline/

the website does admit that it is "probably a hoax or prank story"
but many of the people and place names are accurate -- so if
it is a tall tale, it is "locally grown".

I suppose if there really is a Bigfoot, someone's going to shoot one sooner or later. I think it's safer to be a Yeti.

Not an avenue of research without its cost.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/11/03 ... index.html

POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) -- Jeffrey Meldrum holds a Ph.D. in anatomical sciences and is a tenured professor of anatomy at Idaho State University.

He is also one of the world's foremost authorities on Bigfoot, the mythical ape-man of the Northwest woods. And Meldrum firmly believes the lumbering, shaggy brute exists.

That makes him an outcast -- a solitary, Sasquatch-like figure himself -- on the 12,700-student campus, where many scientists are embarrassed by what they call Meldrum's "pseudo-academic" pursuits and have called on the university to review his work with an eye toward revoking his tenure. One physics professor, D.P. Wells, wonders whether Meldrum plans to research Santa Claus, too.

Meldrum, 48, spends most of his days in his laboratory in the Life Sciences Building, analyzing more than 200 jumbo plaster casts of what he contends are Bigfoot footprints.

For the past 10 years, he has added his scholarly sounding research to a field full of sham videos and supermarket tabloid exposes. And he is convinced he has produced a body of evidence that proves there is a Bigfoot.

"It used to be you went to a bookstore and asked for a book on Bigfoot and you'd be directed to the occult section, right between the Bermuda Triangle and UFOs," Meldrum said. "Now you can find some in the natural science section."

Martin Hackworth, a senior lecturer in the physics department, called Meldrum's research a "joke."

"Do I cringe when I see the Discovery Channel and I see Idaho State University, Jeff Meldrum? Yes, I do," Hackworth said. "He believes he's taken up the cause of people who have been shut out by the scientific community. He's lionized there. He's worshipped. He walks on water. It's embarrassing."

John Kijinski, dean of arts and sciences, said there have been "grumblings" about Meldrum's tenure, but no formal request for a review.

Nice to see the scientific community embracing the spirit of enquiry, as usual :roll:.
One physics professor, D.P. Wells, wonders whether Meldrum plans to research Santa Claus, too.
Well, bearing in mind how many of the more outre branches of modern physics are based on even more tenuous evidence than that for the existence of bigfoot, this does seem somewhat rich.

Here's your starter for ten: if you were going to court an opinion about the biological feasiblilty of a primate, who would you ask? A physics professor (who finds the putative existence of very small invisible lengths of string perfectly acceptable, despite no-one ever having actually found one), or a professor of anatomy?

I like the way he prints his telephone number and puts "Serious calls only" after it. Only sensible calls about Bigfoot's penis, please. It's a very serious subject.

But no sign of the photo. Do we get to start calling Bigfoot Big-something-else now? You know what they say about men with big feet...

Oh. Jezzus christ!!

there all over the USA!! and Canaduh!

Read the book by Jeff Meldrum. Sasquatch...

very good!!

there is a bunch of apes running around

'Bigfoot' sighted in remote Canadian forest
An 8ft ape-like creature that bears a striking resemblance to the legendary Bigfoot has been sighted in Canada.
By Matthew Moore
Last Updated: 12:50AM BST 30 Jul 2008

The unidentified animal had an “upright, human-like” walk and black fur, according to eyewitnesses who spotted the creature in woods in northwestern Ontario last week.

A large, six-toed footprint was found in the area 140 miles northeast of Winnipeg shortly afterwards.

There have been dozens of reported sightings of large, hairy humanoids, known as the Bigfoot or sasquatch, in the remote forests on the west coasts of Canada and United States in recent decaded, although evidence for their existence is scant.

"What do I think it was? Right now I'm not even sure what it was. But it really scared both of us," said Helen Pahpasay, who was out berry-picking with her mother when they saw the animal from their truck.

"There's been talk of Bigfoot, sasquatch. And I'm still not sure what it was, but I've never seen anything like it," she told CBC News.

"It was black, about eight feet long and all black, and the way it walked was upright, human-like, but more — I don't know how to describe it — more of a husky walk, I guess.

"It didn't look normal."

The animal appeared to spot the humans and fled into the wood, she said. Ms Pahpasay and her mother considered following it but were too peturbed by what they had seen.

Sasquatch is a Native American term meaning “hairy giant”. There have been several reported sightings in Canada in the past few years. Footage filmed in Mantitoba in 2005 appeared to show a large apelike creature, although it was too grainy to be conclusive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... orest.html

Are there any known apes which have six-toed feet? Why would the Sasquatch have more than usual?

gncxx said:
Are there any known apes which have six-toed feet? Why would the Sasquatch have more than usual?

Actually the number of toes is quite variable - especially where inbreeding is involved. So six-toed feet might just indicate a very limited gene pool.

It's common to get American "manimal prints" with a strange number of toes. Deformity due to inbreeding is one possibility; in some cases the prints may be imperfect or the source critter have an injury. I believe that three-toed "skunk ape" tracks are more common than fivein the southeast, but don't quote me.

Georgia Bigfoot body

Loren Coleman has posted photos on the cryptomundo.com of the bigfoot body supposedly found in Georgia. Tom Biscardi will be discussing it on Fox News and holding a press conference on Friday morning at which he is promising more photos and DNA analysis.

It's not looking too good. Seems the body is very similar to a commercially available Bigfoot costume.

Well, Loren, who's hardly the most impetuous of people, seems to think it could be genuine. Guess we'll have to wait and see (cryptomundo seems to be getting lots of traffic atm - it has various threads on the subject, main one being here.) Biscardi will be talking to Fox at 7.45 Pacific (15.45 GMT) so maybe we'll know more by this evening.

That said, Biscardi has been involved with apparent physical evidence before, that turned out to not quite all it seemed. Watch this space...

Well, Loren, who's hardly the most impetuous of people, seems to think it could be genuine.

I'm surprised though that Loren has gone out on a limb if he's only seen the photos that have been published. I've always been a fan of his work, but my respect will be lessened if he's been sucked in so easily by a known fraudster like Biscardi.

All becomes slightly clearer...

Less than an hour ago, Loren wrote this:
Georgia Gorilla, Skeptically Yours

Posted by: Loren Coleman on August 13th, 2008

Well, wow, that was a wild ride, wasn’t it? And it feels like the roller coaster is just in the bottom of the dip, ready to rocket upward a bit again.

Of course, we all will see this unfold or unravel some more on Fox TV News at 10:45 am/7:45 am this Wednesday morning, August 13, 2008. And then on Friday, if it gets that far. I will continue to update Cryptomundo with new postings or any visuals obtained. It is 8:13 am in the East, and Fox News has just made a teaser announcement about the Friday news conference and the forthcoming DNA results. No body photo was shared yet, and the tone of the hosts was not intellectually skeptical or even interested, but childishly cynical. Stay tuned.

If Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. does have the body fully in their possession, out of Georgia, then this should keep progressing, with all the skeptics and scientists getting to see the body. If they do not have a real body, but a constructed model, as some of the early photographic analysis indicates, that will be slowly revealed as soon as people begin using x-rays, CAT-Scan, and other autopsy instruments on the carcass or fake carcass.

I am not in that internal circle, have no money on this dog, as they say, and I am certain my overt skepticism now will get me booted from getting the phone calls and being sent any further photographs. But, if this is the real deal, I shall be pleasantly surprised if Mr. Biscardi comes through with more proofs, and follows through on his promises for me to see the body.

If skeptics are going to be given the opportunity to examine the body, shoulder to shoulder with the members of the ownership group, then this story will continue with new proofs.

Unfortunately, for those more intelligent readers here, you must understand why I say many thing I did here. Obviously, we were all being watched here, and what you have witnessed happening at Cryptomundo in the last few days was necessary to get to this stage of the photograph being released. As a member of the media, Cryptomundo being a window for you to examine them has served a necessary purpose in being objective.

The photographs were allegedly mistakenly placed on their website early, along with the press release Mr. Barrows released to sixty plus wire services. That error caused the early release of the watermarked photos on several websites and forums. After attempts to contact some of the early re-posters and tell them they would be sued, I called Biscardi to inform him that it was his site that was leaking the photographs. No one was hacking them. The swift movement all came from their side. And the embargo had to come off last night at 10:00 PM Eastern because the photo was all over the internet.

That is the short story of how this burst so early, yesterday.

Cryptomundo crashed last night, several times, and there is still trouble with uploading other tidbits I wanted to put up this morning. I apologize because we got 3 million hits a minute. (it's still painfully slow now - stu)

I can now come out firmly in the extremely skeptical camp on this one, based merely on the “evidence” that has been shared so far. Several questions must be answered before myself and most of the scientific, skeptical, and Bigfoot communities will swallow this one....

Full blog here, but at the time of posting it's still taking an age to load, with plenty of time-outs.

I can't see one darn thing in that photo.

But then, I seldom can. I can't get my eyes into a sufficiently relaxed state to get the 3D images to pop out of those pictures that were so popular a few years ago, either. As good as I am at making things up, you'd think I'd be better at seeing things in photographs, whether they were there or not, but there you go.

Personally, if I found a big hairy manlike corpse, the first thing I'd do is call 911. In case it was a big hairy dead man, and to get the professional dealers-with-dead-critters involved, and to pass the buck of responsibility.

Unfortunately, for those more intelligent readers here, you must understand why I say many thing I did here. Obviously, we were all being watched here, and what you have witnessed happening at Cryptomundo in the last few days was necessary to get to this stage of the photograph being released. As a member of the media, Cryptomundo being a window for you to examine them has served a necessary purpose in being objective.

This kind of rationalisation from Loren is utter bollocks! If it was his real intentions it does his honesty and integrity no good at all. How will anyone have faith in his reactions to their reports now? On the surface though, it appears he was sucked in, and is now backpedalling at tremendous speed.

I haven't been able to get on to Cryptomundo at all since this story broke...

For those with similar problems, you can go here:

http://tinyurl.com/6ry9m5

and here:

http://tinyurl.com/5lbomj

for the story and photos.

No idea if this is real or not, but they seem confident...

A few things from the searchingforbigfoot website look worrying:

"Extensive scientific studies will be done on the body by a team of scientists including a molecular biologist, an anthropologist, a paleontologist and other scientists over the next few months at an undisclosed location. The studies will be carefully documented and the findings will be released to the world, according to Biscardi. "

Why not hand the body over to a proper University???

"Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. has exclusive rights to all publishing rights, photo rights, television and film rights, production and distribution rights and other commercial opportunities related to the discovery and findings regarding this body and these creatures. Interested parties may contact Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., in writing, at their mailing address; "

Oh yeah, IF someone else finds "them" now - they can't sell the film or show photos? Right...

And by now the woods of Northern Georgia will be swarming with good ole boys in pick-up trucks and guns, I bet. If "they" are out there, they'll need all the luck in the world!

One detail about this that seems fishy to me is the fact that the press conference is being held in Palo Alto California. The body was supposedly found in Georgia, which is all the way on the other side of the United States. I'm just not going to get my hopes up yet.

I couldn't be bothered joining the BFRO discussion board to make one post, but if anyone is a member, can they refute this nonsense please?

Navigator Admin wrote

Australia was perhaps the biggest casualty. This story was THE major story in literally every newspaper throughout that nation. At the height of it, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation called me for a reality check and got the facts. The newspapers in Australia, by contrast, published a cookie-cutter version of the story without any attempt to clarify whether it was legitimate from knowledgeable outside sources.

As far as I saw it made two mentions in the Sydney Morning Herald website and one on news.com.au . I've seen and heard nothing in the hardcopy print media or any TV or radio broadcaster. Anyone who thinks bigfoot would be a major story in Australia during the Olympics and towards the end of the footy season is dreaming. The only way would be if:
1) Bigfoot won a gold medal, especially in dubious circumstances over one of our plucky drug free athletes.
2) He broke his playing contract with a rugby league club to go to France and play rugby union, converting to Islam in the process.
3) A female bigfoot was the subject of a lewd comment from Sam Newman.

Have Zilch or any other Aussies spotted anything in the press that I've missed?

DougalLongfoot said:
I couldn't be bothered joining the BFRO discussion board to make one post, but if anyone is a member, can they refute this nonsense please?

Navigator Admin wrote

Australia was perhaps the biggest casualty. This story was THE major story in literally every newspaper throughout that nation. At the height of it, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation called me for a reality check and got the facts. The newspapers in Australia, by contrast, published a cookie-cutter version of the story without any attempt to clarify whether it was legitimate from knowledgeable outside sources.

As far as I saw it made two mentions in the Sydney Morning Herald website and one on news.com.au . I've seen and heard nothing in the hardcopy print media or any TV or radio broadcaster. Anyone who thinks bigfoot would be a major story in Australia during the Olympics and towards the end of the footy season is dreaming. The only way would be if:
1) Bigfoot won a gold medal, especially in dubious circumstances over one of our plucky drug free athletes.
2) He broke his playing contract with a rugby league club to go to France and play rugby union, converting to Islam in the process.
3) A female bigfoot was the subject of a lewd comment from Sam Newman.

Have Zilch or any other Aussies spotted anything in the press that I've missed?

Believe it or not, there is close to nothing on it over here as well. "Over here" meaning a ten minute ride on the freeway in bad traffic conditions to the hotel where they are holding the "press conference."

I did have a strong feeling however that Bigfoot was on steroids. I don't think he'll make the gold though. 8)

Back