• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A

Anonymous

This has been bugging me for a while now. In several of his books, John Keel mentions a photo taken by a colleague of his, Jaye Paro, of a bizarre ape man type thing (or, to take a cynical view, deranged mountain tramp) in the woods on Mount Misery, Virginia.

The net has been no help whatsover. I do, however, suffer from that age old anomalist complaint; the vague feeling that one has seen a photo, but no idea where or when.

So, does anyone know where I can see this? The description given is of a wild haired figure lunging out into shot. I do know that it was printed in Fate magazine, years and years ago...

The *Thing* on the Mount..again

OK, I know. I already posted about this on the 'Notes & Queries' board last week. But no response! Come on, someone must know...

To recap; I'm looking for a photo taken on Mount Misery, West Virginia by an associate of John Keel. It shows what is (depending on your point of view) either a hominid monster or a maddened tramp, recently awoken. It was taken by a Jaye P. Paro and appeared in Fate magazine at some point.

Surely this one has got to be well known? Keel mentions it in Mysterious Creatures from Time and Space.

Any takers? Ladeez and gennulmen, I give you...maddened tramp!

I did a websearch in case you missed it anywhere, but to no avail!

No idea mate. My theory is the picture you think you saw was nothing other than a hallucination caused by refracted light from Venus... ;)

Marsh gas, I'm betting.

I have searched the whole damn net up and down. Short of writing to Keel himself, I'm stumped.

Unless the Fortean picture collection dudes know what I'm on about?

I reckon that someone has been clipping all this stuff for years. You know, the Thunderbird photo, all the good UFO footage; they want to send it to FT, but they want to get a *really* good bundle together first.

My uncle lives near there. Maybe it was him. Was the monster wearing a black mess tanktop and no pants. If so thats my uncle.

We are really going to have to have a serious talk about this one day.

It scares me that he may have a point.

The Mount Misery Keel wrote of is the highest point on Long Island,New York.The photograph you speak of was published in"Beyond"magazine,the July'69 issue.I've never seen it,but Keel describes it in"Strange Creatures of Time and Space"as"a dark blob with a very bushy head of hair extending a pale long-fingered hand."

I think I know the one that your on about...but can't find it anywhere...huh? In the caves you say? But why!? Argggghhhhh!?

Not Marsh gas , no way. It must have been a hairy and smelly weather balloon.

It's a fake alright. It's actually an 18 inch model stuck in the mud beside a stream bank. Check out the rather obvious blades of grass by its feet. Nice workmanship, but the positioning leaves a little to be desired.

It might be the first definitive evidence of the less well known Littlefoot.

-Justin.

LOL!!

Thanks guys!
I guess since I'd never seen it before it kinda threw me off.
I live in Ohio, supposedly a "hotbed" of Bigfoot activity and, yet, I've never seen one. hmm...

Goatman WAS Bigfoot!

I have recently studied various 'urban legend-like' creatures and noticed that Bigfoot is to blame for most of them. I find it peculiar that certain tales of creatures are deemed myth, and yet the explanation behind them is just as mysterious but obviously ignored because of this.
The Beast Of Bray Road was extremely wolf-like, not ursine which could separate it from the Sasquatch, but creatures such as Lizard Man (South Carolina) and Goatman (Maryland) have been dismissed despite having strong connections. These creatures sem confined to one small area which seems to suggest they are paranormal 'odd-bodies' or merely a Bigfoot, which for me is a real creature 100% due to the worldwide sightings, whether in the form of yeren, almas etc. Goatman was a classic myth, a Friend Of A Friend Tale based on various originations, i.e. escaped lunatics, reclusive axe-wiedling hermits, campfire stories etc, but the reality all along was Bigfoot!
When will some serious study be put into these 'legends', which also include the Jersey Devil. Goatman was only sighted as a Bigfoot -like creature but the Jersey Devil is very much its own entity.

i asked in the other Big Foot thread but no one answered :( so i shall ask again:
how come they never found traces of Big Foot's droppings??
If you wander around woods and forests you find shit everywhere .....:confused:
Any answers and explanations will be much appreciated :)

Bigfoot fewmets

You only really find shit everywhere on grazed land. In woods its not all as obvious or common. There have, I think been some anomalous droppings found from time to time, but nothing conclusive. Also some animals;eg cats, badgers; bury their shit.

Aside from those resevations, I'd certainly say that the absence of bigfoot droppings or hair tends to make me doubt that its a real animal

garoned: Ive heard people say that they think bigfoot pushes trees down over roads so he can walk over them so if hes going to goto this amount of trouble to hide his foot prints then it is possible that he would probably try and hide his droppings i.e dig a hole poo in it and cover it up. Just think about when you are in the forrest and you need a dump, you dont just suddenly drop your pants and start squeezin in the middle of a open aren, no you go into a bush or behind a tree and do you buisness, there are lots of humans go into the forrest but u never find human droppings either? or maybe if u have found a human dropping it wasnt actually a humans but u just thought it was! or maybe big foot droppings look like bear droppings . There are alot of possibilities

I actually remember watching a program on discovery about 2 years ago and it was about this guy who recorded bigfoot screams at night and he also had what he thought was a big foot crap. It just looked like a human one but it was giant.. he went on to describe that he thinks the reason the bigfeet screamed so loud was cos they had to push these giant turds out, it would of made me scream to :D

and another thing i have always wondered about??
Who is stronger?
The Thing or the Hulk??
I meant the Big Foot or the Yeti? :D :confused:

Speaking of Marvel, did any of you see the old comic where they fought Wendigo? I think that one was very scary made.

Snikt!

Was that the one that kept shouting WENDIGO all the time, until Wolverine opened a can of whoop-ass on it (or something)?

Got that one upstairs somewhere, I think. I'd go and check, but I'm daunted by the size of the pile. :eek!!!!:

DONT SHOW THIS TO BECKJORD!

There's loads of bigfoot babies in these pictures, I tell you, loads of bigfoot babies everywhere, crawling crawling, crawling.........

This just goes to show how an object as simple as a tree stump can look like a bigfoot if the angle or lighting is right.
Nice one peter :)

laughed the whole damn time I was reading it.
twas incredibly funny.

When a bigfoot falls in a forest, does anybody hear?

Superb. Wonder how many other sightings are down to nature's little light tricks?:)

Problem is, I've already seen the first shot being used as fresh new 'evidence'.

Okay,something is going on.
I found this at another website.
Did you find thiers or did they steal yours?
If they did you should have copyrighted it.
If not--oh well--it's not a big deal.

The first picture is just as good quality as the ones usually used for evidence isn't it?

Back