• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Billy Meier

I also stumbled across this - while I am interested in how the class action worked out I thought the second part was relevant to the faking issue:

The following is a statement from Underground Video Inc. about the alleged photographs and stories of Billy Meier concerning the Pleiadian visitors he encountered.

BILLY MEIER EXPOSED!

Recently Underground Video began an in-depth inquiry into the most sensational UFO case in history. Our investigation first began as a supportive effort to verify the known fact of the Meier case to present the truth of alien-human contact to skeptics.

With the assistance of members from the Hollywood special effects team of the UltraMatrix Corporation we studied the Meier photographs and claims made by Meier's Talmud Jmmanuel, Genesis III Publishing, Light Years by Gary Kinder, The Pleiadian Connection by Randolf Winters, and the movie Contact. We also spent considerable time tracking the claims of "computer expert" and "Ph.D." Jim Dilettoso, as well as claims made through Michael Hesemann by Guido Moosbrugger from Meier's FIGU cult in Switzerland.

After six months of intense inquiry, with the assistance of cinematographers, physicists, and computer analysts from TotalResearch, we found the claims of the representatives of the Meier case to absolutely untrue. We discovered miniature models, and a variety of deceptive methods used to create this hoax. Additionally, an undercover "hidden camera" investigation penetrated the Meier cult in Switzerland, revealing irrefutable scientific evidence of FRAUD.

Underground Video was one of the foremost defenders of the Meier material. We are DISAPPOINTED to now learn the ENTIRE case is a hoax. Representations of any authenticity with regard to this case made by alleged scientific examination has proved to be totally unreliable and misleads the general public into believing a carefully fabricated lie. The persons who authenitcated the Meier case are not credible scientists nor investigators.

Any previous representations of authenticity of the Meier case in the Underground Video catalog should be ignored. Our findings will be presented to the Attorney General for possible prosecution for a Consumer Class Action Suit for Fraud. Underground Video will continue to make the Meier material available to investigators and the general public who desire to study the hoax and how it had been sold to the public for nearly 20 years.

Anyone who had previously purchased any Meier materials may write Underground Video to be included in a CONSUMER CLASS ACTION SUIT.

Underground Video
Meier Class Action Suit
PO BOX 527
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0527

Along with Underground Video's statement is a photograph showing one of Billy Meiers alleged Pleiadian beamships taken in 1981. After computer enhancement and careful scrutiny, it has been shown the Beamship is really a miniature model made out of an upside-down cake pan, disconnected copper hose fitting, a bracelet, carpet tacks and various other identifiable objects.

The Meier photograph of the beautiful Pleiadian alien, Semjase, turned out to be a photocopy of a model from a Sears Catalog. Another one of Meier's photographs, where he allegedly traveled into the future aboard a Pleiadian Beamship to photograph the aftermath of a 9.0 earthquake in San Francisco showing the toppled Trans-America building, turned out to be a realistic looking painting from a geology magazine article about earthquakes. On top of these damning examples, every single one of Billy Meier's photographs of Pleiadian ships have been shown to be of third, fourth and even fifth generation(photographs of photographs) This means the he likely airbrushed suspension wires and other signs of fraud. There is not one example of an original, first generation Billy Meier photograph. On top of that, it has been shown that the reflections on some of the Pleiadian ships are not consistent with the position of the sun, indicating possible superimposition techniques. To top it off, a reporter found a bunch of miniature models exactly matching many of the Pleiadian ships shown in his photos. His ex-wife has come out to denounce him as a fraud as well. The evidence is overwhelming that whole Billy Meier story is unquestionably, absolutely, completely and totally 100% BOGUS. Case Closed!

Billy Meier and his cohorts, have made a lot of money out of this scam. I applaud Underground Video for seeking the truth about the Billy Meier scam and disassociating itself from any involvement with Meier. Billy Meier has done more to hurt the legitimate field of UFO research than any other person alive today. It's really a shame.

-----------------------------
Michael Taylor

www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/8148/scam.html

I am curious if these images are around and the pictures they are based on? It would be interesting to compare and contrast them - we came up top trumps on the claims for photos of Jesus published in FT lets see how we do with these ;)

Great work on the photo Spillage! You have made some very good arguments against that one picture at least.

Ever thought of becoming a unbiased UFO investigator? :wow:

Gosh, as luck would have it, it turned out that the so-called suit and all the b.s. in the article was the work of famous "debunker" Kal Korff, a twice, publicly self-admitted liar. His work is amply shredd by both deardorff and Jansen (linked through my site). You may notice an absence of actual evidence, let alone proof, just unsubstantiated claims. Kinda funny how you get all excited about garbage like that but are unresponsive to the information and documentation that I've pointed you towards. Not exactly an "objective" position.

Now I've taken a bit of time to point you in the direction of information that warrants serious consideration. The credibility issue here now is yours, not Billy's. As for the photo that Mr. Hopo refers to, please do the research on the Deardorff site.

Michael812 said:
And regarding Emperor's recent post, your logic is backwards. Since when did the presence of authenticity get nullified by either debatable or even false evidence? In this, the real world, things aren't always as tidy as one might like.

If I place in your hand a proven, genuine article and then also one that is from the same source that isn't genuine, do you dismiss the genuine article? If so, you're a candidate for the plausible deniability premise postulated by Deardorff.

See this is why I find it so fascinating.

Now if we have a series of pictures some of which are fake and some of which have been studied and people say they can't prove they are fake then where does that leave us?

You are still, obviously deliberately, ignoring the points and the facts. Now read along with me: Over 1,200 photos and 8 film segments, all still irreproducible...and a handful of questionable photos.

Start to THINK, please, it may actually become contagious.

Michael812 said:
You are still, obviously deliberately, ignoring the points and the facts. Now read along with me: Over 1,200 photos and 8 film segments, all still irreproducible...and a handful of questionable photos.

Start to THINK, please, it may actually become contagious.

How many photos have to be show to be fakes before the authenticity of the rest are called into doubt? And the dinosaur photos are blatant fakes. If Mr Meier had a real case why would he need to fake any data?

Apropos, Marcel Vogel, he worked for IBM, true, he had a number of patents true, but, he doesn't appear to have be a metallurgist, and seems at least to have been predisposed to believe judging by his other areas of interest.

Really, how many photos, films, sound recordings, video, metal alloy samples and abundant prophetically accurate information have to be presented before people start...THINKING?

If you do a little research you will find that some of Meier's evidence was tampered with by outside forces. When you dodge assassins it's not because you're a hoaxer.

Marcel Vogel was an outright genius, who at 12 years of age synthesized the chemicals that create bioluminesnce in fireflies, and was hired by IBM because of his abilities.

I find it utterly amazing that people are so downright lazy in terms of thinking and researching the facts in the Meier case. How many things do you take for granted in your life as true because of what you've heard on TV, read in the paper, had advertised to you, etc.? I guarantee that an honest self-appraisal will reveal an enormous double standard between one's everyday belief-based, habitual conduct and the intense (actually fearful) false scrutiny that they give to the Meier case.

As a species, we apparently deserve what we get - and will get - from our shallow thinking, ignorance of the laws of cause and effect and elevation of parasites like the Bushes and Blairs of this world.

Unwilling to think, unable to reason we will hear the pathetic echoes of "why is this happening to me/us?" when one group of beings, and one single man, tried for decades to gently awaken the sleeping, blubbering, consumption-based masses from their self-induced, narcoticized slumber.

Oh yes, have a look at this and then offer the usual, predictable and unsupportable theories about "models":

http://www.billymeier.com/archives/wedd ... e_ship.mpg

Again you say:

all still irreproducible

As you started this thread because of the Fortean Times article I can't see how you can continue to state this. If you haven't read the article I'm sure you can get it as part of the magazine's back issue service.

Let me break my thinking down so it is simpler and you can point out where I am going wrong:

1. Some of his pictures are fakes.

2. That FT article shows how the UFO pictures can be easily faked.

3. Your experts have not been able to prove the UFO pictures have been faked - which is different from authenticating them.

So the onus is still on you to prove they are UFOs.

Now so we don't keep going around in circles the obvious answer seems to be in the alien metal sample. Now I've looked for details of the tests on your site and couldn't find them so I'd appreciate you providing a direct link to it. It is this metal which would prove crucial proof and this seems to also be the posiiton of your harshest critics - Randi has even opened his chequebook again if you can prove definitive results:

www.iigwest.com/horn.shtml

www.randi.org/jr/032604why.html#2
www.randi.org/jr/040204orange.html#11

And this would seem an ideal opportunity to put all the naysayers and skeptics in their place.

As these were all dated last year I'd appreciate an update on progress.

------------------
On a sidenote about predictions I stumbled across these while looking for the above:

www.iigwest.com/ike42report.htm

as was the failure of this prediction last year:

www.randi.org/jr/052804reggie.html#12

This is going to be quick paste and post stuff because I'm off to work.

You need to read the photo analysis doc I referred you to. It deals with the parameters of testing of the Meier photos, the very same ones IIG refused to submit their photos to and that Friswell didn't as well, though I don't recall that he made no real claims as to actually duplicating the photos. You will see that "duplicating" means something a lot more specific than "looks like".

As for poor ol' Ike, here's an UNANSWERED rebuttal that I posted in March 2005:

Often, because of our familiarity with, and study of the information in, the Meier case we lose focus of a monumentally important point, i.e. is it true? Because if it’s true it’s the most important story in all of human history, isn’t it? And we also lose track of the intense effort by skeptics, debunkers and other agents of disinformation to take our attention away from not only the truth of the case but what it means to us, what it requires of us as people who wish to help assure the future survival of our race, and facilitate a more gentle change into the future than now awaits us. We can get involved in fighting with them (I know a little about that) and even trying to gently educate them about it, difficult as it may be since we’re dealing with people who, contrary to established scientific approach, come to the case with very rigid preconceptions, which they attempt to use to discredit, rather than discover the truth about, the case.

So, I am going to clarify some things, hopefully for the last time. The reason for this is that I once again see postings from an effectively anonymous person who, also once again, impugns the integrity of persons he doesn’t know at all and attempts to build arguments on the basis of not only faulty, sloppy thinking but as an agent or extension of a now thoroughly discredited, lying entity known collectively as CFI-West/IIG, James Randi, Skeptic Magazine, etc. I must admit, however, to admiring James Deardorff’s continued good will and patience, having exhausted my own with this non-thinking individual.

I speak here of the person who continues to masquerade as “Ike” and wants to safely snipe from the sidelines while risking no personal exposure or responsibility for his drivel. To begin with, has it been noticed by anyone else that Ike presents a logically self-contradictory premise right away when he says that the info is incorrect and, get this now, he can’t take Stevens’ word for it? Why, if Meier’s info is incorrect as he states it is, would he be concerned with either taking Stevens’ word for it or corroborating the date of its publication?

Think about that again. Ike says all Meier’s info about Jupiter is wrong (or that any that’s right must have been hoaxed by him) but he won’t take Stevens’ word for it and doesn’t know how to corroborate the date. Let’s deal with the last point first. Hey, Ike, why don’t you do the credible thing (for a change) and go talk to the witnesses in Switzerland? And please don’t tell me that it would inconvenient for you, surely not more inconvenient than being a one-armed man, raising three kids, working as a night watchman while “hoaxing” 1,200 UFO photos, films, video, sound recordings, metal samples, dodging would be assassins, etc. That much, and more, we know about Meier, we know nothing about you (as I’ll further elaborate later).

But let’s return to the other main point of obvious contradiction. If the info is wrong then who cares about when it was published? The fact is that not only is much of the info spot on (and yes, some of it may be still be debatable as to some specific scientific details) but there’s absolutely no way for Ike to squirm out of the fact that Stevens had it all three critical days before official confirmation of the pivotally important Io information.

Let’s look at that. What indeed is the basis for his effectively calling Stevens a liar, which is exactly what he’s doing? Stevens’ ability and integrity were good enough for the USAF and the Brazilian Air Force, among other parties. His record of investigation of UFOs goes back to 1947, nearly 60 years, nearly twice the length of time that this Ike would like us to believe that he has been alive. His investigation of the Meier case was at least six years. What nefarious plan does he believe that Stevens was hatching when he conducted the entire Meier investigation, published all of the documentation…and published that troublesome little item regarding his having, on March 9, 1979, the documentation on Jupiter that contained absolutely correct (and previously unknown information) on Io that wasn’t officially confirmed until March 12, three days later? What conspiracy was Stevens supposedly involved in regarding this information that, let’s remember Meier published on October 19, 1978? And what proof does Ike have to back up his libelous, character-assassinating statements? Where is the motive, the money, etc.?

Why, apart from being a proud, non-thinking skeptic, does Ike try to impugn Meier and Stevens? Perhaps because Ike has to conclude that it’s a hoax or lose his mind. If Meier had said that Jupiter was made out of plastic there’d be no need for him to even bother to doubt Stevens but rather to focus on and quickly dismiss Meier’s erroneous information. So we come back again to that little annoyingly accurate item about Io. And, of course, to the countless dozens of other prophetically accurate items that Meier published, which have been sufficiently pointed out and are a matter of well-documented record, i.e. already in copyrighted, published books. Then there’s the little stuff like all the still irreproducible physical evidence that Ike and the other skeptics would like to just ignore.

So now it’s time to turn the spotlight on Ike, who wishes to dismiss the importance of being an accountable human as opposed to a coward. We are not anonymous here, we are up front about who we are and what we are doing. So, in the spirit of fair play, allow me to point out that we have absolutely no reason to believe any of the following about “Ike”:

That he is not associated with, and/or in the employ of, CFI-West, Randi, etc.
That he spent the time he said he did researching Meier’s information.
That he accurately represented the information that he said he found.
That he is a 33 year-old computer programmer.
That he is married and has a baby.
That he knows how to think.
That he lives in Utah.

And let’s see if he meets some reasonable expectations for credibility in a critic. He says that there is no way to independently confirm the date of publication of Meier’s info. Here’s a guy who claims to have gone to great lengths in researching info, at least for a few days, wouldn’t one way be to do what I suggested above, i.e. go over and actually talk to the witnesses, etc.? Has Ike attempted to meet Stevens, Meier, Froning, any of the 120 other witnesses (including Phobol Cheng), and the five other photographers? Regarding his pompous presumptions regarding Meier’s access to the information and the nature of the village in which he lives, has Ike seen the village, documented the availability of the publications, facilities and scientific information he claims Meier had access to, etc.? What is his basis for effectively expressing distrust of, Stevens’ associates, such as Maj. Pestalozzi or O. Richard Norton, or of Lee and Brit Elders, whom I have known for nearly 20 years? Has he met and interviewed them? What reason does he have to also imply that they (and people like Vogel, Gentleman, Ambrose, Rognerud, etc.) are all liars? Why has Ike ignored the blatant failure of CFI-West to meet the challenge they accepted? Why has he not renounced Randi as a despicable, bold-faced liar?

Just for the record, here is a rehash of the important facts regarding the utter destruction of the credibility of the professional skeptics, so far not dealt with at all by Ike. In February of 2001, I met with Vaughn Rees, case investigator for CFI-West, the Los Angeles-based professional skeptics organization associated with the likes of (the publicly self-admitted liar) Kal Korff and James Randi, as well as Skeptic Magazine and Michael Shermer. I presented Meier’s photographic and film evidence to him and was informed by Rees that it was “an easily duplicated hoax”, those are his exact words. I challenged Mr. Rees to duplicate one of Meier’s photos and one of his films, a challenge he gladly accepted. He told me that he already had a 35mm camera and knew where to obtain an 8mm camera. He told me the film segment that he could duplicate (the one that’s on my DVD) was an example of “scratching on the negative with a pin” to produce the two lights that alternately flash on in this broad daylight, close-up of the UFO.

All of this is factual and hasn’t been disputed by Rees to this day with one exception. He changed his story when he called into the Art Bell radio show (March 7, 2004) to argue that he had “duplicated the effect” of Meier’s photos, a lie that was also demolished when Art Bell asked Rees to submit his photos to the same standards of testing that Meier’s were and which authenticated his as real, large unknown objects, i.e. UFOs. Please understand the following: Rees refused to have his six little photos of model UFOs, which took three years to produce (during which comparable period of time Meier took 1,200 photos, many sequence shots of up to four craft), tested. End of challenge, end of CFI-West, Randi, Skeptical Magazine, Shermer and Korff credibility, end of story…almost. CFI-West still hasn’t submitted a film that duplicates Meier’s “easily duplicated hoax” either. And this abysmal failure is from an organization that prides itself on debunking hoaxes, on showing how they were accomplished.

Now, since CFI-West has among their associates a significant number of magicians and illusionists, and apparently few real scientists, it’s important to note a couple more things. First, Rees lied when he said that the challenge was to duplicate the “effect” of Meier’s photographic evidence. Anyone can do that by getting a sci-fi space movie and seeing that there are UFOs, spaceships, etc. in abundance, not real ones but models and special effects to produce the images, i.e. the “effect”. And, being the patently dishonest pack of poseurs and phonies that they are, instead of living up to any part of the challenge they attempted to pull off another lie by utilizing another standard magician’s trick, i.e. distract from their failure and their lies.

To do this they attempted to shift the focus (watch this hand over here) to the metal alloy samples and demanded that I produce for testing the samples that they said I claimed to have had. Randi himself put that in print, that I claimed to have the samples. The thing is, of course, that I never said that I had the samples…never. Why would I? I don’t have them. So, once again, they lied. Get this straight, they lied. Can you think of any credible scientists who would resort to blatant public lying, especially when it’s so easy to show that they’re lying, when they would be completely unable to substantiate their lie? Please keep in mind that I have good reason to detail the genesis of Ike’s appearance and his credibility. Ike came to all this through CFI-West and associates and, to this day, even though we know the names of the incompetent skeptics and the arrogant magicians here, we don’t know anything about Ike except his suspect affiliation with them. Why should we believe anything he says?

Back to the skeptics. CFI-West and Randi ignored my repeated offers to download and test the free sounds. They wouldn’t even acknowledge the offer, let alone the existence of, and documentation pertaining to, the sound analysis or the photographic analysis. Instead they simply lied. Great character, credibility and integrity from the slime bags who’ve been slander and vilifying Meier. And this is the group that Ike’s associated with; let him prove otherwise.

Oh yeah, Randi retracted his claim that the case was a hoax after Rees humiliated himself and CFI-West in front of five million listeners to the radio show. Then, of course, he said that he never claimed the case was a hoax despite the fact that his statement to that effect is in writing.

So we return to the real main points regarding the Meier case, is it true and what does it mean to us, what do we do about it if it is? I also suggest that the time for “entertaining” skeptics is over. It was necessary to flush these slugs out of the garden because the have done enormous harm by distorting, tarnishing and delaying the truth. Because of the bloated egos of a bunch of know-it-all party magicians many people never, or only very recently, found out about this case partly because of the undue influence the well-funded, pseudo-scientific, lunk-head organizations like Randi’s have enjoyed. Of course, much of the responsibility is on the individual to ferret out information and not fall for the noise of dubious “experts”, of which there are plenty in the media as well.

[Emp edit: I have added QUOTE tags to clarify what is what. If people are interested the email is available as a PDF here:

www.iigwest.com/horn/03_10_05_Email2.pdf

The whole correspondance is available online here:

www.iigwest.com/horn.letters.html ]

Can you think of any credible scientists who would resort to blatant public lying, especially when it’s so easy to show that they’re lying, when they would be completely unable to substantiate their lie?

But it's easy to show Meier is faking some photos, e.g. the dinosaurs. Why should we believe him on anything else?

An astronomical prediction can be got right even by people with no knowledge. Swift predicted the two moons of Mars in Gulliver's Travels, this from a man who in many respects could be considered anti-science.

Michael812 - when are you going to adress the issue of Meier's dinosaur photos? As Timble has noted, if he faked these, why should anyone be convinced that his UFO photos are not also bogus?

spillage said:
As for that pic over the vehicle....due to the obvious distance of the UFO, I would say it is little more than a foot or so wide. I've lightened the pic and you can clearly see it is in front of the tree and there's no shading over the van at all, nor on the ground. Also, because it is close, the suspending thread would be visible...hence the top portion of the UFO is off frame.
NOW..if there's a pic showing different, I'll change my mind.

It's also somewhat strange that the background objects (including the car) are in sharper focus that the 'UFO'. If it was as big as the photo is trying to suggest, it's odd that it's not in focus - if anything it tends to point to it being closer to the camera than everything else in the scene.

Gee, when does the thinking start, when does the response start to the cumulative, documented research to which you have been pointed?

What kind of lazy people are these who want to be spoon fed everythng so that they can sit on their respective butts demeaning and deriding that which they are apparently too dim to perceive is light years beyond them and their stupid hoax theories?

And do any of them bother to actually attempt to duplicate the evidence, to back up their claims...even using two hands? And I thought only Americans had been dumbed down to the level of amoeba.

As far as the dinosaur photos and any others that may be suspect go, it has already been stated innumerable times that some of Meier's phots were tampered with, altered, substituted, etc. That's the reason I don't defend the few suspect ones. But if anyone here had actually done as requested and read the photo analysis (and other documents) perhaps the rational, reasoning parts of their brains (the part that supposedly helped them to get through school, balance their bank statements, etc.) might have kicked in.

If the people of my country and yours had given one one-thousandth the scrutiny to the policies that have allowed a war of terrorism to be perpetrated against nations that didn't attack us, as they have to these brilliantly illogical and superficial challenges of Meier's decades worth of still irreproducible evidence and volumes of prophetically accurate information, we might not be in this mess. And we might not be so stupid that we have to be dealt with so indirectly, over decades, just to slowly introduce the idea that we are neither alone in the universe or anything remotely resembling the most intelligent creatures in it.

Now there's no reason to "believe" Meier about anythng. But you might actually read the information that you've been directed to and then pose intelligent questions. I bothered to research this for 26+ years and while you may think you've just stumbled on an obvious hoax you are merely on the surface of something imponderably deep, complex and engineered by people who are, dare I suggest, smarter than most of us...by a longshot.

Before you take offense at that notion do your homework. For instance, here's a little bit of info regarding the rather unusual Wedding Cake Ship (find the rest and read it and ALL of Deardorff's work on the photos...before you rush to reveal your unfamiliarity with the facts):

"Now if you examine the lighter stripes encircling the front side of the craft in a well focused photo of it, you find that the width of each strip is only about 20% of the width of an adjacent darker band. However, in the present photo, this ratio has expanded to about 80%, showing that the near edge of the craft is severely out of focus. Yet, if you follow the outer edge of the craft around to its rear side, next to where its view is blocked by the protruding underside structure, you find that this far edge is in good focus, as is the van, which for a width of 1.6m is estimated to lie about 23m away from the camera. This can only mean that the craft was large, and not any small model. If it had been a small model close to the camera, its far edge would also be strongly out of focus, when the focus setting is much greater than a few feet as it would have to be to put the van into good focus. We don't know, however, if this particular wedding-cake craft was of the 3.5m- or 7m-diameter variety, we don't know the f-stop setting Meier used at the time with the Ricoh camera, and we don't know the distance to best focus with much certainty. Hence we cannot estimate the depth of field with any certainty. But for a 3.5m craft, the camera equation indicates it was situated about 9.25m from the camera, with front edge about 7.5m away and rear edge 15m away. Then with parameters of: focus set at 15m, f-stop at 2.8, and the known focal length of 55mm, a depth-of-field formula yields good focus between 10.6m and 25.6m. This would leave the front edge of a 3.5m craft a couple meters too close to the camera to be in good focus, but would leave the rear edge and the van in good focus.

However, if the craft had been a small model with a diameter of a typical garbage-can lid (22"), for example, its distance from the camera would be 4.7 ft, to produce an image occupying 62% of the width of a 35-mm film, as does the wedding-cake UFO. Then if the camera's focus is set at 7.0 ft, in order to bring the rear of the object into fairly good focus, and with the known focal length of 55mm, no f-stop setting will leave the front of the object in poor focus while leaving the van in rather good focus. For example, upon feeding these parameters along with an f-stop of 2.8 into the depth-of-field formula, one finds the nearest distance of good focus to be 6.6ft while the far distance of good focus would be 7.4 ft—giving a narrow depth of field, as expected. This would yield the front side of the assumed lid, which would be 3.7 ft away, in poor focus as desired, while leaving the rear side, 5.6 ft away, in good focus, also as desired. However, the van, which is some 75 ft away, would then be hopelessly blurred, lying far beyond the far distance of good focus. If the f-stop is increased to 11, then the depth of field only ranges between 5.7 ft and 9.0 ft, which would again leave the van hopelessly blurred."

Yes, indeed, that Meier fellow is simply a one-armed, above-genius level phtographer, filmmaker videographer, special effects expert, digital effects expert, metallurgist, electronics expert, model maker, tree expert, physicist, astrophysicist, mathematician, sound engineer, mass hypnotist, clairvoyant, with no financial resources or collaborators, etc.

Of course he just COULDN'T be a genuine contactee. Nah.

I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. Mr. flim flam man. And also watch who you call amoebas. Must you insult others to make yourself feel better. Thats something a spoiled child would do. thanks.I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent. I'm sorry you've 26 years on this, keep repeating the fact that you've been doing this for 26 years, it make you seem more intelligent.

Michael812 said:
And do any of them bother to actually attempt to duplicate the evidence, to back up their claims...

Again we go back to Fortean Times 197: 38-43 which was the reason I thought you'd come here.

Michael812 said:
As far as the dinosaur photos and any others that may be suspect go, it has already been stated innumerable times that some of Meier's phots were tampered with, altered, substituted, etc. That's the reason I don't defend the few suspect ones.

This really is the ultimate get out clause.

At what point did this tampering take palce? After he has circulated these pictures?

The same arguement came out when it emerged that his photographs taken on his space voyage were identical to photos already in existence. Does this realisation come about only when they have been exposed as fakes?

And you stil haven't supplied any information on the clincher: The actual alien metal.

Michael812 said:
Regarding amoebas, I rest my case on the above.

I was hoping we could discuss this without resorting to personal abuse (no matter how divergent our views on this) and I ask that everyone keeps it above the belt and actually try to actually address the points raised. That goes for everyone.

If you'd really like to know the how nad when that the tampered photos were discovered do what I did, research and read. I suggest the book "And Still They Fly!"

If you want the entire analysis get the video that Marcel Vogel did on it. Now, since the laziness quotient that you are demonstrating is off the charts, here's a little summary that includes info about the metal samples as well as other physical evidence:

Scientific Experts’ Comments on Meier’s Evidence

From Author Gary Kinder’s “Open Letter to the UFO Community”

David Froning: At the time, Dr. Froning had already spent 25 years as an astronautical engineer at McDonnell Douglas in highly classified military defense and, in 1979, became interested in Meier’s accounts of Plejaren starship travel, which mentioned tachyon propulsion. Dr. Froning found Meier's account of tachyon propulsion (which was only beginning to be discussed by a very small and select group of theoretical physicists), and his calculations for above light speed travel to be amazing. In 1983, he was pursuing his Quantum Interstellar Ramjet idea (JBIS vol. 33, no. 7, July 1980; AIAA 81-1533, July1981; IAF-85-492, October, 1985) and plugged in his Quantum Ramjet performance equations, assuming: a given starship density, vacuum energy conversion efficiency (in transforming positrons and electrons within the quantum vacuum into photons), and vacuum energy conversion scales of distance of the order of the Compton wavelength. The resulting vehicle acceleration enabled achievement of almost light speed in about 4.3 hours and deceleration from light speed in about 4.3 hours. Meier said that the elapsed time during the "hyperspace jump" took only several seconds. Thus, trip time between the Pleiades star cluster and Earth with Froning’s slower-than-light Quantum Ramjet Drive plus a hypothetical tachyon drive would be 8.6 hours, which was within 20% of the Plejaren trip time reported by Meier. But, while Froning’s calculations were based on many arbitrary assumptions, and in no way proved the truthfulness of Meier's account (since it was a theoretical system he was working on, only time will tell as to which are correct) Froning was somewhat startled that his arbitrary flight time computations were within 20% of the flight time mentioned by Meier. Regarding the Meier material, Dr. Froning also publicly stated that, “My colleagues and I may have made breakthroughs in our understanding of possibilities and ways for traveling faster than light from Billy Meier's accounts of his encounters with the Plejarens.”

Eric Eliason: U.S. Geological Survey in Flagstaff, Arizona, created image-processing software so astrogeologists can analyze photographs of planets beamed back from space, spent two years producing the intricate radar map of cloud-covered Venus acquired by Pioneer 10: "In the photographs there were no sharp breaks where you could see it had been somehow artificially dubbed. And if that dubbing was registered in the film, the computer would have seen it. We didn't see anything."

Robert Post: JPL photo laboratory for 22 years, was the head of that lab in 1979, and oversaw the developing and printing of every photograph that came out of JPL at the time: "From a photography standpoint, you couldn't see anything that was fake about the Meier photos. That's what struck me. They looked like legitimate photographs. I thought, 'God, if this is real, this is going to be really something.”

Dr. Michael Malin: Principal investigator for the Mars Orbiter Camera on NASA's Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft at Malin Space Science Systems (MSSS), San Diego, CA. Analyzed Meier’s photographs in 1981: "I find the photographs themselves credible, they're good photographs. They appear to represent a real phenomenon. The story that some farmer in Switzerland is on a first name basis with dozens of aliens who come to visit him ... I find that incredible. But I find the photographs more credible. They're reasonable evidence of something. What that something is I don't know." Malin also said, "If the photographs are hoaxes then I am intrigued by the quality of the hoax. How did he do it? I'm always interested in seeing a master at work."

Steve Ambrose: Sound engineer for Stevie Wonder, inventor of the Micro Monitor radio set and speaker that fits inside Wonder's ear, analyzed the Meier sound recordings of one of the UFO’s as it hovered above him. Not only was he unable to duplicate the sounds with synthesizers, he found they created totally unique patterns on a spectrum analyzer and on the oscilloscope. Another sound engineer named Nils Rognerud corroborated Ambrose’s findings. Think about this for just a moment, these experts, using state-of-the-art equipment, were unable to duplicate the sounds and the unique patterns they generated.

Wally Gentleman: Director of Special Effects on the Canadian Film Board for ten years, director of special photographic effects for Stanley Kubrick's film 2001, had viewed Meier’s 8mm film segments of the UFO’s. Showed that the manpower and costs to fake the films were clearly beyond Meier’s reach: "My greatest problem is that for anybody faking this" (referring to one of the photographs) "the shadow that is thrown onto that tree is correct. Therefore, if somebody is faking it they have an expert there. And being an expert myself, I know that that expert knowledge is very hard to come by. So I say, 'Well, is that expert knowledge there or isn't it there?' Because if the expert knowledge isn't there, this has got to be real."

Nippon TV: Did their own examination and also came to the conclusion that there were no models, special effects or hoaxing involved in Meier’s films.

Marcel Vogel: Research chemist for IBM for twenty-two years, held thirty-two patents, and invented the magnetic disk coating memory system still used in IBM disk memories. A specialist in the conversion of energy inside crystals, Vogel probed crystalline structures with the most complete optical microscopic equipment available in the world - a system of scanning electron microscopes costing $250,000. Lieut. Col. Wendelle Stevens, USAF (Ret.): One of the original investigators in the Meier case. In 1979, he sent Vogel crystals and metal samples Meier had received from the Plejaren. Vogel reported, ”When I touched the oxide with a stainless steel probe, red streaks appeared and the oxide coating disappeared. I just touched the metal like that, and it started to deoxidize and become a pure metal. I have never seen a phenomenon like that before.” Of another metal sample containing nearly every element in the periodic table, Vogel stated, “Each pure element was bonded to each of the others, yet somehow retained its own identity.” At 500 X magnification thulium was revealed. “Thulium exists only in minute amounts. It is exceedingly expensive, far beyond platinum, and rare to come by. Someone would have to have an extensive metallurgical knowledge even to be aware of a composition of this type", said Vogel. At 1600 X Vogel said, "A whole new world appears in the specimen. There are structures within structures - very unusual." At 2500 X he found that the sample was, “metal, but at the same time ... it is crystal!"

Vogel put the full weight of his expertise in these summary comments: "With any technology that I know of, we could not achieve this on this planet! ... And I think it is important that those of us who are in the scientific world sit down and do some serious study on these things instead of putting it off as people's imagination." Again, here is another top-level scientific specialist who is unable to duplicate the material presented to him by Meier.

Michael812 said:
Marcel Vogel: Research chemist for IBM for twenty-two years, held thirty-two patents, and invented the magnetic disk coating memory system still used in IBM disk memories. A specialist in the conversion of energy inside crystals, Vogel probed crystalline structures with the most complete optical microscopic equipment available in the world - a system of scanning electron microscopes costing $250,000. Lieut. Col. Wendelle Stevens, USAF (Ret.): One of the original investigators in the Meier case. In 1979, he sent Vogel crystals and metal samples Meier had received from the Plejaren. Vogel reported, ”When I touched the oxide with a stainless steel probe, red streaks appeared and the oxide coating disappeared. I just touched the metal like that, and it started to deoxidize and become a pure metal. I have never seen a phenomenon like that before.” Of another metal sample containing nearly every element in the periodic table, Vogel stated, “Each pure element was bonded to each of the others, yet somehow retained its own identity.” At 500 X magnification thulium was revealed. “Thulium exists only in minute amounts. It is exceedingly expensive, far beyond platinum, and rare to come by. Someone would have to have an extensive metallurgical knowledge even to be aware of a composition of this type", said Vogel. At 1600 X Vogel said, "A whole new world appears in the specimen. There are structures within structures - very unusual." At 2500 X he found that the sample was, “metal, but at the same time ... it is crystal!"

Vogel put the full weight of his expertise in these summary comments: "With any technology that I know of, we could not achieve this on this planet! ... And I think it is important that those of us who are in the scientific world sit down and do some serious study on these things instead of putting it off as people's imagination." Again, here is another top-level scientific specialist who is unable to duplicate the material presented to him by Meier.

Well the testimony is interesting but I was asking for results - the kind of data that would be produced in a scientific study of the sort described.

I am quite happy to do the research - if you point me to where this data is published I'll be happy to get the library to order me up the book or journal. I have years of experience with the results of materials tests (and years of lab experience too) so I'm confident I could make a decent stab at understanding the information no matter how technical it is (and if not I'm sure I could find a metallurgist who could explain the difficult bits).

I must admit, and disagree with the above post..(EDIT...Tasty intestine's post! Whilst typing this, loads of other posts have been made, I apologise lol!!!!!)....that you sound and present yourself with ingenious intelligence! Your posts are thorough and polite but.....you are starting to sound religious and completely biased.
You have taken time to highlight, again thoroughly...what you believe to be salient points. However...you have completely ignored the questions presented by others. For example, the alloy samples and the tests. My analysis of the said photographs of the UFO and truck .
I applaud your grammar and thorough replies but I feel dissapointed at the lack of attention to the questions posed.
Let's get back on track and substantiate some points.
Where are the documents stating confirmation of analysis by authoritve specialists?
Steve Ambrose: Sound engineer for Stevie Wonder, inventor of the Micro Monitor radio set and speaker that fits inside Wonder's ear, analyzed the Meier sound recordings of one of the UFO’s as it hovered above him. Not only was he unable to duplicate the sounds with synthesizers, he found they created totally unique patterns on a spectrum analyzer and on the oscilloscope. Another sound engineer named Nils Rognerud corroborated Ambrose’s findings. Think about this for just a moment, these experts, using state-of-the-art equipment, were unable to duplicate the sounds and the unique patterns they generated.
I cannot for the life of me believe this!! I am not a sound engineer professional, but I have many years experience within the music and sound editing industry and I recognise familiar signitures with effects and electronic sound synthesis and the Meier sound recordings are nothing different from the sounds you can easily create using a common synthesiser and mixer. The way the pulses repeat at varying levels of attack and decay are indicative of reverb and atrificial manmade notation. Simply put...nothing else sounds like this. Even if an advanced craft were to sound similar...it would be just that. Not exact!
Ask Steve Hillage, Miquette Giraudy, The Chemical Brothers, Tim Blake, The BBC Radiophonic Workshop, Jean Michael Jarre etc...to listen to this file and see what they think!
I might be so rude as to point you towards a few books by Richard Dawkins...then maybe you will see the world from a few viewpoints.
But I stand by my earlier statement. You are very very intelligent, or you present yourself....(Through whatever means)..as so. For that, I respect you even though I cannot believe the claims.

As to the post about me thinking of being a UFologist. I am flattered thanks but, as with ghost busting...to confront the narrowminded believers would be like trying to explain the 'theory' of evolution to a creationist. They become aggressive to anything which objects rationally to their regime. Fascism of faith.;)

spillage: Good points.

We have quite a few musical types around here experienced in noddling with music and sounds - perhaps someone might be up for the challenge. They'd have to pass the same kinds of tests but we'd need more information.

Also I would imagine someone wih access to spectrum analyzer and/or an oscilloscope might have a peek at the output.

I'm not sure that you can ever prove the Meier sound recordings are fake simply by producing similar recordings, nor that you can prove the photos are fake simply by producing similar photos. The best you can prove is that it would have been possible to fake them, given the requisite knowledge and equipment. This is certainly never going to be enough to change the minds of those who have already invested their belief in the Meier contacts.

The more interesting line of research is to ask why people choose to believe the likes of Billy Meier, Rael, or George Adamski, in the face of ridicule from the wider world. What exactly is it that people are gaining from following these self-appointed gurus? And why is it that the rest of us are so easily irritated by them and wish to attack their beliefs? After all, if a bunch of people in Switzerland choose to believe that aliens want us to be nicer to each other and to save the rainforests, what harm does that do anyone? There are far more dangerous beliefs in the world.

If you can get a copy of the book by lead investigator Wendelle Stevens titled "UFO COntact from the Pleiades - A Preliminary Investigative Report" it may lead you to the documentation that you seek. The video by Marcel Vogel should be sufficient for examination by scientists and let's remember that scientsists can also disagree.

As for the comments by my gracious friend re the sound recordings, the sounds can be downloaded for free from my site. They can then be scoped and evaluated and it should be easy to determine, even now, that they were indeed recorded outtdoors and that there are the number of audible and inaudible frequencies as metioned, etc.

We can go over and over all this, as I have many times before with many people, or we can take a step back and try to understand the implications here. Despite my impatience and slightly harsh tone I understand that this is not something that people in this forum have probably ever spent even this much time on before.

When I pointed out all of the things that Meier would have to be enormously masterful with I didn't mention the fact that, at the same time that all of this was going on, he was living in a remote and rugged area, raising a family with three kids, working as a night watchman, having the alleged contacts, transcribing them with one hand on an old typewriter. And yet, though most of this happened over the past 30 years, we're debating the authenticity of really remarkable physical evidence (we haven't even discussed the prophetically accurate info yet). Can any of us even come close today to causing such a long standing controversy with such remarkable evidence and under such harsh conditions? Let's just be brutally self-honest when we look at this man's accomplishments, and the enormous degree of difficulty, and compare them to our own.

What we also haven't gone into is that Meier spent time during the 1950s and 1960s traveling through Africa, Asia, India and the Middle East studying the world's major religions and meeting people who were, or who would soon become, major players on the world's stage. In 1964 he took his first UFO photos of up to 8 craft in a picture. Recently, a retired UN diplomat came forward and vouched for Meier, the UFOs and an extraterrestrial woman that Meier was meeting with at the time. This Cambodian woman had been at the ashram where Meier studied and along with her sister, grandfather and other people there witnessed all that I mentioned. An article appeared in a daily newspaper in India about Meier at that time. That's 41 years ago.

The next year Meier lost his arm and, remarkably, starting in 1975, his evidence increased in variety, abundance and quality, not the kind of proficiency that usually happens when someone has been partially disabled. So he quite literally did all of this with one arm more than tied behind his back.

If you read all of the rest of the information, if you see the variety and accuracy of it and begin to view this holistically as opposed to just this photo or that sound, you may get an overall comprehension (and appreciation) for what is in fact before us.

Then, when things are just beginning to be digestable, you might read about the Talmud of Jmmanuel at Deardorff's site and begin to put the pieces together as to what this is really about. It isn't so much aobut the UFOs or the ETs as it is about us and our future survival, literally. And of course it also concerns our past, who we are and where we came from.

For those who can indeed work their way through all of this a lot may fall into place and even far more will be quite puzzling.

We assume, whether we consciously know it or not, that we KNOW how contact should occur, with whom, what it would look like, etc. That is part of the problem, especially since we operate with so many beliefs and assumptions about reality, the nature of life, our place in the universe, "God", etc.

Sure, we can go on and on with the nuts and bolts approach that was the primary approach for this thread. But there will always be the raising of the bar, the lack of satisfaction for one person or another with even the opinions of the experts who actually DID examine the evidence. And we haven't even mentioned the new physical evidence (the hand prints) that I featured at www.theyfly.com and that is awaiting qualified scientific examination.

Or we can agree that we don't know for sure but that we are curious enough to want to find out what the truth is. If the Meier case is real then it's the most important story in all of human history, for obvious reasons and others which are not yet apparent. After all the time that I've been involved in studying and researching this I've found that there is great value in the content of the case, and there are still some 25,000 pages still in German that I can't read yet.

There really are no beliefs to hold onto here. Something is either true or it isn't. And it's up to each interested person to find out for themselves.

Wait a second. In one paragraph you explain all his hardships, kids, rugged area, night watchman.(which are not actually hardships, because everyone that chooses to have a family, must provide or die. Tose are the facts of life.) Then one or two paragraphs later you explain how he traveled all over and the such. Which makes absolutely no sense, since he had all the hardships and had to work to take care of his family?????

To me, if he was poor, that would be motive enough to fake a bunch of photos and make up some pretty story.......

Meier traveled extensively in the 1950s and 1960s. The "official" contacts began in 1975 in Switzerland. Meier and his organization FIGU are a non-profit operating under strict Swiss laws with open books for all to see how their money is spent. They live a modest, high-maintenance lifestyle with LOTS of ongoing work to maintain their farm-home-center.
No one there is getting rich off this.

Try again.

Michael, you must realise that most people are either too lazy, or just too busy with other things, to follow up your requests to 'examine this video, follow these links, read this book', etc. (I really wish I had the time!)

So general protestations about how important this all is, and how much evidence there is, just come across as mostly waffle. If you want to discuss this topic here, you must bring evidence to this thread for examination. Given the amount you have already posted here, I'm sure that would be easy for you. Present us with a few hard-to-refute facts to chew over. Perhaps (as you mention) some of the prophecies that haven't yet been touched on.

As for Thulium, it sounds like something out of Star Trek, but it is a real element.
Thulium is the least abundant of the earth elements, and is about as rare as silver, gold, or cadmium.

The pure metal has a bright, silvery lustre. It is reasonably stable in air, but the metal must be protected from moisture. The element is silvery-grey, soft, malleable, and ductile, and can be cut with a knife. It is a rare earth metal found in minerals such as monazite.
Source

Emperor said:
Michael812 said:
As far as the dinosaur photos and any others that may be suspect go, it has already been stated innumerable times that some of Meier's phots were tampered with, altered, substituted, etc. That's the reason I don't defend the few suspect ones.

At what point did this tampering take palce? After he has circulated these pictures?

The same arguement came out when it emerged that his photographs taken on his space voyage were identical to photos already in existence. Does this realisation come about only when they have been exposed as fakes?

Good points, which need to be adressed.

Michael812 said:
We can go over and over all this, as I have many times before with many people, or we can take a step back and try to understand the implications here. Despite my impatience and slightly harsh tone I understand that this is not something that people in this forum have probably ever spent even this much time on before.
Au contraire - we do this sort of stuff all the time: that's why we're here :). Where we differ from, say, the Randi site, or the UFO "True Believer" sites, is that we don't start from a cardinal viewpoint on any field, but examine the individual cases on their own merit. Which is precisely what we're doing here...
Michael812 said:
Let's just be brutally self-honest when we look at this man's accomplishments, and the enormous degree of difficulty, and compare them to our own.
Ok.

Right, I've been brutally self-honest, and TBH my admiration for Billy Meier is roughly where it was before I started. Yes, he's had a tough time, but then so have many other people: to assert that his hardships immediately qualify him to be the bearer of such fantastic information without the need for in-depth qualification is a non-starter, I'm afraid.
Michael812 said:
What we also haven't gone into is that Meier spent time during the 1950s and 1960s traveling through Africa, Asia, India and the Middle East studying the world's major religions and meeting people who were, or who would soon become, major players on the world's stage.
Independently verifiable examples would be helpful :).
Michael812 said:
In 1964 he took his first UFO photos of up to 8 craft in a picture. Recently, a retired UN diplomat came forward and vouched for Meier, the UFOs and an extraterrestrial woman that Meier was meeting with at the time.
Shades of the Linda Napolitano/Cortile case, where her supposed abduction was alleged to have been witnessed by Javier Perez-DeCuellar, then General Secretary of the UN.
Michael812 said:
If you read all of the rest of the information, if you see the variety and accuracy of it and begin to view this holistically as opposed to just this photo or that sound, you may get an overall comprehension (and appreciation) for what is in fact before us.
Yes - a lot of material that's more or less inconclusive.
Michael812 said:
Sure, we can go on and on with the nuts and bolts approach that was the primary approach for this thread. But there will always be the raising of the bar, the lack of satisfaction for one person or another with even the opinions of the experts who actually DID examine the evidence. And we haven't even mentioned the new physical evidence (the hand prints) that I featured at www.theyfly.com and that is awaiting qualified scientific examination.
BUT - and this is crucial - experts often vehemently disagree with one another too. The experts you cite say one thing, but how many other, equally eminent experts say another? This is out of genuine curiosity BTW, I haven't an array of contradictory reports lined up to cite or anything, but would you reference reports and conclusions from people of recognised standing who don't support your viewpoint?
Michael812 said:
There really are no beliefs to hold onto here. Something is either true or it isn't. And it's up to each interested person to find out for themselves.
Absolutely. However, if people agree to disagree with you, that is their right: truth lies in the eye of the beholder. Which brings us back to:
JerryB said:
Emperor said:
Michael812 said:

Good points, which need to be adressed.
Heartily concur.

Back