• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bin Laden's latest message

Will there be an attack by Bin Laden's motley crew?

• Yes - it was inevitable anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe - but the timing of the US missle attack and this AQ message is a bit wierd...

• Nah - whole thing is just hot air and coincidence

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

So - latest news is....

Pakistan do not allow US airplanes to fly in Pakistan

A building in Pakistan is bombed...

Pakistan do not approve...

US CIA is said to have denied knowlege of the attack...

Later...newspapers and ITN have said that it was a US CIA Predator plane that flew in to Pakistan and bombed the building with missiles...

Three suspected Al Queda folk are reported killed, one the nephew of the AQ number 2, one a bio-chemical weapons expert, and one unidentified...

See a related article here

US intelligence services say they have received an audio message that is purported to be from Bin Laden saying that plans to attack are underway and we will see the results in our homes soon, also that he is willing to call a truce...

See a BBC article re the audio message here

Speculation is that the US intelligence services wonder why the AQ number 2 did not make the message and so hopefully the number 2 was killed in the missile attack...

Ok - what is Bin Laden up to?

Who is Al Queda conspiring against?

Who is next, if there is a next and it is all not just a bunch of fear mongering?

Is the whole thing fabricated to cause fear?

Is this timed to distract us from the stalemate that is the posturing between the world and Iran? (In my opinion, it is a stalemate. World says - you are not allowed nuclear energy, stop or else. Iran says - up goes the oil prices you mugs!!).

I think there will be an attack sometime, don't think it will be directly influenced by this tape though - unless the release of the tape alone is some kind of trigger? The tape has been released on 1/19 (US Date) after all.

Maybe it's just a marker released on a "special" Al Queda date to re-enforce that Bin Laden is still alive.

Who'll be attacked next?
Saudi govt? They really really don't like them.
US? The tape says as much.
Israel? Has Al Queda actually done anything there?
Pakistan govt? maybe not given the problems with the earthquake.

A truce with Al Quaeda? The same kind of truce we had prior to 9/11? Well of course...

Iggore said:
A truce with Al Quaeda? The same kind of truce we had prior to 9/11? Well of course...

You're not the only one who thinks the truce is bunk, click here for a BBC article that quotes Cheney as sticking his oar in...

Even the BBC aren't completely sure if the message is really from Bin Laden. They had one expert, on this morning's Today programme, pointing out that the message sounded more 'Presidential' and had lot less of Bin Laden's usual flowery language than usual.

Just when everybody was beginning to think that the OIL President and his Administration had been exaggerating the Terror Threat, Bin Laden comes along to remind everybody. To help out an old family friend?

there will be other attacks or at least plans for other attacks but bin laden's role in it will be no more than that of a figurehead. i'd very much doubt that he's aware of the various different cells' intentions and would also doubt that he'd be able to direct them.

hey up here we go again

the magical Bin Laden ( he is dead by the way )
releases audio tape ( where from ?)
promising attacks on the US soil again.

how convienent for the Neocons

And with all the mither about the fake looking video's they decide on a crackly audio tape.

Brill well done Neocons.

not long now till something hits the fan !!!

and then welcome to the war with IRAN

its so transparent its laughable.

techybloke666 said:
hey up here we go again

the magical Bin Laden ( he is dead by the way )

Yes indeed, 'here we go again' - where's your proof that he's dead?

As I have said loads of times
download his videos

look at them with an open mind

and then come back and tell me they are the same man Jerry.

they don't look anything like Bin Laden.

the Video of him 2001 is him

the others are fakes

he died in 2002

It doesn't matter what you think some videos may look like - where's your actual proof that OBL is dead, and that some of the videos are faked?

if the governmewnt told you that red was green Jerry would you beleive them or your OWN EYES.

look at the videos

if you don't even look at them your just being arguementative.

have an opinion go and look

if you come back and say the five videos in your opinion are the same man.
I,ll post some more evidence.

as for PROOF stop being daft

What's the government got to do with it? Are you trying to make out I'm some sort of govt. lackey again, because I question your statements?

I've seen the videos, as we've discussed them before. They look like the same man, IMHO. However, if they aren't and he's dead, and you have proof of such, please post it.

Asking for proof isn't 'daft' - someone has to ask for such things when someone else makes what seems to be a rather wild assertion.

The government thing was just an example.

so you think its the same man , ok

I,ll be back

I need to find the report the swiss did on two of the videos and proved at least to them there were different men.

i,ll be back

as Arnie would say

ted_bloody_maul said:
there will be other attacks or at least plans for other attacks but bin laden's role in it will be no more than that of a figurehead. i'd very much doubt that he's aware of the various different cells' intentions and would also doubt that he'd be able to direct them.

True enough. AQ will function quite happily regardless of bin Laden being dead or alive. Either way he'd be a figurehead (alive) or a martyr (dead). So I think the West would be buggered either way.

And no I'm not getting into a discussion over the tapes being faked.

I think there's a need in certain circles to believe that he's still alive and kicking. Without a Bogeyman, how do you get the children to do what you want them to?

Peripart said:
I think there's a need in certain circles to believe that he's still alive and kicking. Without a Bogeyman, how do you get the children to do what you want them to?

well presumably if there isn't actually a terrorist threat as represented by bin laden and the threat is manufactured or artificially heightened then it would be just as easy to do the same with al-zarqawi?

nah his names not as easy to pronounce.

or is that pronounciate ?

errr

;)

It certainly makes some sense for the Western powers to hype up the threat of AQ and bin Laden et al. With my cynical capatilist hat on, we'd get:

A constant threat of terrorism will give a similar kind of atmosphere to that of the cold-war. Those lovely defence people can then more easily justify high budgets, new developments etc. if there is a perceived threat.

If there was no threat, and the whole world co-existed peacefully then there would be no apparent need for new and entertaining ways of wiping out people and as such those defence companies would go under - no market, no money.

Just a thought

Well, defence spending is not a prime-mover of any current economies, thankfully. So it may be unwise to tag all of this as some ploy by certain countries to keep their economy afloat, let alone defence companies. Plus the fact that defence spending rarely spends much time on unconventional (i.e. insurgent, etc.) warfare - anyone would be hard-pushed to justify developing some new big bucks conventional weapons system in order to combat OBL. Defence companies would make far more money from something like the F-22, which isn't really of any use in combatting terrorism ;)

Hi People

If a country is at 'war' - de facto, and then the 'leader' of the 'other side' says there can be a truce if...x y z.

Does International Convention governing wars require that both sides (if one has said there can be a truce) have to at least start some sort of peace negotiations? Or would ignoring a truce offer and continuing attempts to annhialate the other side constitute some sort of war-crime/jolly-unfair-sport-old-chap type thing?

Answers ona post-card please!

loveandpeace
Baz

Both sides in any conflict have to agree to a truce, ceasefire, etc.. Otherwise there is no cessation in fighting, as far as one side is concerned.

Does anybody know an audio expert?? There is machines where you compare the tapes. The peaks and the valley.

Rejecting a suggestion by Osama bin Laden of a negotiated truce in the war on terror, Vice President Dick Cheney said there was only one way to deal with terrorists. "I think you have to destroy them," Cheney said.
"We don't negotiate with terrorists." Vice President Dick Cheney said

Their real message is meant for consumption by their followers and potential recruits," said Brian Jenkins, a terrorism expert at the Rand Corp. "It says, Number 1, Osama bin Laden is still in charge. By his communications, by him saying he has been busy preparing operations ... his offer of a truce. All of these are an assertion of leadership."

Beyond that, Jenkins added, "It says he is in operational control," something that has been debated among analysts. "What bin Laden is saying here is not only is he the leader, but that he also runs operations."

Scheuer said the truce offer "is perfectly consonant with Islamic history."

"Muslim leaders from the Prophet to Saladin were ready to make a temporary truce with the infidels if they thought it would benefit Muslims," he said. In the tape, the speaker refers to a truce to allow a rebuilding in Iraq and Afghanistan. "What they would love, of course, is if we would just back out of Afghanistan and Iraq," Scheuer said, in part to allow the re-establishment of the Islamic caliphate to begin there.

"For the caliphate to be built, they have to have a political state from which to start," he said. "That's why al-Qaida valued the Taliban so much. Now, they view Iraq in the way they viewed Afghanistan."
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... ama20.html

The Al Jazzera site has an article questioning the authenticity of the latest Bin Laden tape here with a lot of readers comments at the bottom - some of which make interesting reading.

Here's a quote from one of the reader's comments;

bin laden worked for the cia once, and you know what they say, "once a company man, always a company man".

377. Bin Laden acts on behalf of Bush (1/22/06)

377. Bin Laden acts on behalf of Bush (1/22/06)

Bin Laden's new tape is obviously a disinformation made from Bush's "Psychological manipulating office". On the purpose to smear anti war movement.

Read the following words from bin Landen. It's almost what Bush administration and its spokesman McClellan wanted to discredit their critics: "Un patriot, help enemy..."

Re: "The voice on the tape said he was directing his message to the American people after polls showed that "an overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq but (Bush) opposed that desire."

He said insurgents were winning the conflict in Iraq and warned that security measures in the West and the United States could not prevent attacks there."

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/artic ... 0000000001

This is exactly what Bush group needed.

Consider Bin Laden always responded to Bush's needs: when Bush wanted to start war in Mid-east, there was 911. Be aware 911 was activated eight months after Bush was selected to be the president. And this time, when Bush is revealed to spy on its citizens without court approval, and may face an impeach, Bin Laden comes out again to help. "I, the terrorist is here. Bush is right to start war against me. If you oppose this war and Patriot Act, you are helping me and Al Qaida."

See how he reacts just on time as if he has got an order from Bush.

Be careful there will be another terror attack, manipulated by US intelligence in the name of Al Qaida. Just like 911, Bali bombing..... This time is to save their puppet Bush and Patriot Act (which will expire in two weeks.)

I think this is a part of another big operation just like 9/24/05 plot. (The plot noticeable for manipulating the climate weapon, hurricane.)

Something the liberal media (eg Air America Radio, especially Al Franken) have picked up on about the latest tape is that the conservative media (eg FOX, Limbaugh, etc) have been trying to suggest that Bin Laden has gotten all his material from Democratic talking points, and Michael Moore movies.

Anome_ said:
Something the liberal media (eg Air America Radio, especially Al Franken) have picked up on about the latest tape is that the conservative media (eg FOX, Limbaugh, etc) have been trying to suggest that Bin Laden has gotten all his material from Democratic talking points, and Michael Moore movies.

Haw haw haw - and get this, Bush is said to have been reading a Pet Goat story book at the time he was told about the 9/11 event.

The children were about to take turns reading from a story called The Pet Goat. [AFP, 9/7/02] Bush picked up the book and began to read with the children. [Tampa Tribune, 9/1/02] In unison, the children read out loud, “The—Pet—Goat. A—girl—got—a—pet—goat. But—the—goat—did—some—things—that—made—the—girl's—dad—mad.” Bush mostly listened, but occasionally asked the children a few questions to encourage them. [Washington Times, 10/7/02] At one point he said, “Really good readers, whew! ... These must be sixth-graders!” [Time, 9/12/01]

Who was really in control? Certainly not Bush. In the back of the room, Press Secretary Ari Fleischer caught Bush's eye and held up a pad of paper for him to see, with “DON'T SAY ANYTHING YET” written on it in big block letters. [Washington Times, 10/7/02]

Pet Goat - Goat - Christians attribute the goat with Satan (one theory I heard is that this is because initially they hated Pagans and wished to discredit their belief system by making it look evil).

So for all you really hard core conspiracy theorists out there - consider Bush reading a Pet Goat story book - a connection with Satan !!

Har har har har!

:twisted:

coldelephant said:
Pet Goat - Goat - Christians attribute the goat with Satan (one theory I heard is that this is because initially they hated Pagans and wished to discredit their belief system by making it look evil).

So for all you really hard core conspiracy theorists out there - consider Bush reading a Pet Goat story book - a connection with Satan !!

Har har har har!

:twisted:

Wasn't it to do with the God pan and vilifying that?

Back