• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Biological Bases For Obesity & Thinness

Monkey-muck! What are you like?

When the In House GP is looking to lose weight, I get told to give him smaller pieces of cake in his lunch. And I over-compensate by providing other baked goods that he know he's less likely to snack on. (In theory!)

Yup, I used to buy no confectionery or savoury treats whatsoever, not even crisps, on the basis that it was unnecessary monkey-muck* and especially bad for Techy.

Then about ten years ago Techy had a whine about how I was always buying fattening foods and putting them in the fridge to sabotage his strenuous efforts at losing weight.

I said 'What the actual? I don't buy ANYTHING unhealthy!'
To which he replied 'Cheese! You buy cheese and put it in the fridge and you KNOW I'll find it and eat it and it's fattening!'

Right, OK, I made you fat 20 years ago by buying cheese last week.
:rolleyes:

*A Cheshire term for poor quality food, especially cheap confectionery.
I live on cheese and red wine. Never did me any ha.........

Monkey-muck! What are you like?

When the In House GP is looking to lose weight, I get told to give him smaller pieces of cake in his lunch. And I over-compensate by providing other baked goods that he know he's less likely to snack on. (In theory!)
Ah now y'see I take no responsibility for Techy's weight and health. He can do all that himself and as a minor-league health fanatic I'd be on his back 24/7 about it.

If I cook for him it's wholesome with fresh vegetables and no frying. He used to dislike all that but seems to enjoy it these days.

Or maybe he's resigned to it. :chuckle:

Back