• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Biomagnetic Effects & Magnet Therapy (Davis & Rawls)

Timble said:
This is either trolling or spamming, or both.

Its certainly an interesting one - they don't seem to be pimping anything (yet) .

Timble said:
Rawls seems to have in imaginative CV, apparently he turned down the offer of being assistant director of the CIA... :roll:

Rawls CV

Former General Agent in Europe, American Trust Life Insurance Company. (Cover job for intelligence work.)

Refused appointment to the position of Deputy Director of the C.I.A. (under President Nixon)

Refused appointment Asst. Attorney General U.S. (under Nixon)

Would you buy a used magnetic monopole from this man?

My CV is similar:

Jobs

Refused job as Head of Bank of England (I know where they live)

Refused job as astronaut by NASA (I'm clearly not in on the alien conspiracy and considered too dangerous)

Refused job as chief of surgery at Stoke Manderville Hospital on the minor grounds that I have no medical training (bastards - I sent them an envelope of my poo).

Head zookeeper at London Zoo (for two days until they found me hiding in the bushes near the reptile house and threw me out claiming I didn't work for them).

Skills

I can use my feet to write my CV on the walls of my padded cell with the crayons they provide (this jacket is terribly tight and the sleeves are awfully long).

Let's wait until they start trying to sell us magnetic arm bands to cure something or another - PAH. A magnetic field that could affect any change on a human body would have to be massive 8) ...ya don't think they are selling giant monopole magnets do ya? :lol:

I've read the posts by The future of science and also read some of the ARD labs site...
Pseudoscientific, racist, clap-trap.

When male animals were exposed to the north pole of a strong magnet for several hours just prior to conception, then put into cages with females to mate, the resulting offspring developed much differently than normal. They were smaller, physically weaker, and considerably more intelligent than the control animals that weren't exposed to a magnetic field. The offspring of the animals exposed to the south pole of the magnet were larger, physically stronger, and less intelligent than the controls. The experiments were repeated many times with the exact same results.
We live on a giant magnet (if there wasn't a magnetic field we wouldn't be here), so applying the results of these repeated experiments... people born in the northern hemishere will be more intelligent but less physically strong than those born in the southern hemisphere. Now who have I heard or read about who espoused a similar belief?

Caroline said:
We live on a giant magnet (if there wasn't a magnetic field we wouldn't be here), so applying the results of these repeated experiments... people born in the northern hemishere will be more intelligent but less physically strong than those born in the southern hemisphere. Now who have I heard or read about who espoused a similar belief?
Just to confuse the issue, the North magnetic pole of the Earth is actually in magnetic terms a South pole!

We define the end of a bar magnet that is attracted to the north as its North end. By this definition, since north and south poles attract each other, the Earth's magnetic North pole is actually a south pole (and vice versa). So if the Earth's magnetic field was the the result of a giant bar magnet buried in the planet, the South pole of that magnet would be in the northern hemisphere! :D

All clear now? No?

Well let's go over it again... [ryn burbles on...]

Where is your objectivity?

The "standard" method of defining the North and South pole of the earth is misleading. The North pole of the earth IS the magnetic North pole of the earth.

There is absolutely nothing on the ARD labs website or in their books that is racist. If you looked at it objectively, you'd see that. I've read all of their books and manuals. They state many times that these discoveries can be used to benefit ALL mankind. If an experiment can be done thousands of times on plants, animals, liquids, gases etc., reproduced by thousands of scientists and doctors from around the world, it is scientific fact. There are enough details about some of these experiments in their books for ANYBODY to duplicate them. The magnetic fields that these animals were exposed to were generally around 2500 gauss. That is much, much stronger than the current strength of the earth's magnetic field of 1/2 gauss.

The earth's magnetic poles have reversed several times throughout history, so the magnetic North pole of the earth has been in the southern hemisphere several times in the distant past. If anything, there discoveries show that the polarity and strength of the magnetic field is largely responsible for intelligence and physical strength - NOT RACE.

Here are a few of quotes from Magnetism and Its Effects on the Living System, pages 7 and 8. "The use of a flat piece of paper with iron filings placed on its top and the bringing up under that paper a magnet to show the magnet's lines of force is incorrect and should not be used in textbooks of many types to educate students, because each fine particle of the steel or iron filings when placed in the field of the magnet under the paper becomes a miniature magnet in itself; thus the total picture is incorrect and misleading. As each miniature magnet then attracts and repels, the picture is distorted to represent a mistaken concept."

"Modern educational concepts and teachings of the principles of magnetism are to a great degree incorrect. Textbooks today still present the energies coming from a magnet as leaving the North or the South pole of the magnet to circle the full length, or between the poles, if the magnet is shaped like a horseshoe, and reenter the magnet at the S pole or in some texts the opposite. Again, here we have two errors that should be updated in all textbooks that teach this very important science to students and new scientists."

"The first of the two errors is the belief that the energies always leave one pole of the magnet and travel to the other pole." "The vortex (circles) of magnet energies travel in both directions, S to N and N to S. This we proved in the magnetic flux (lines of force energies) as seen in the movement of the hydrogen bubbles in the two poles magnetic field movements. This test consists of a microscope slide, a few drops of diluted sulfuric acid, a medium power microscope, placing a magnet at each end of the slide, the diluted acid touching each magnet. Microscopic viewing after a few minutes allows one to see the energies of the two pole effects and the two directional movements of the sulfuric acid hydrogen bubble movement." The north pole of one magnet should be facing the South pole of the other magnet for this experiment.

"The second error that is taught is that magnetic energies flow in a semicircle from one pole to the other pole. Again, this is incorrect. The simple test to support this incorrectness is to take a three- to six-inch bar or cylinder magnet and place it on a wood or plastic table, any base material that is not magnetic. Next, take a straight pin and, holding it between the thumb and index finger, place it at one end of the magnet. Moving the pin very slowly the length of the magnet, maintaining the slight upward pull, yet keeping the pin in contact with the magnet, at the exact or almost exact center of the magnet you will find one fractional place at that center where there is NO PULL. Therefore, no measurable amount of magnetism exists at the direct center of the magnet."

Re: Where is your objectivity?

The future of science said:
The "standard" method of defining the North and South pole of the earth is misleading. The North pole of the earth IS the magnetic North pole of the earth.
Misleading? Confusing, certainly!

But the definition of North and South poles on magnets is as I said before. This definition does not have to involve bar magnets - it can also refer to electromagnetic solenoids, where the direction of the current determines which end is N and which is S. This definition is such that the properties of a solenoid agree with those of a bar magnet - i.e, N poles attract S poles, but repel other N poles, of whatever kind of magnet.

So you can imagine the Earth's magnetic field created by a gigantic solenoid deep inside the Earth, and in fact this is probably closer to how the earth's field is really caused, with electric currents flowing in the molten and metallic core.

But as before, the (magnetically defined) S pole of this 'solenoid' will be in the Northern Hemisphere (so as to attract the North poles of magnetic compasses all around the Earth).

The North Magnetic pole (geographically defined) is a S magnetic pole (magnetically defined).

That's how I learned it at school, and that's how I taught it at school when I became a physics teacher!

Back