• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Thought you might be discussing James Whale.

The James Whale here was a moderately successful British radio presenter who based himself on the American "shock jocks". He also had a TV chat show that ran out of steam.

He's back on the radio. Not a particularly nice man but often made a few good points although I've not listened to him for years.

Last edited:
He's gone the extra mile with an audio and visual treat for this weekend's celebrations.

The thread "Bishop Sean Manchester and his Church", a conglomeration of all the related threads that were still in existence at the time of Exorcistate beng banned, is here.
No it's not. :chuckle:

A look around Bishop Manchesters (somewhat under-lit) home at Christmas:

James Whale leapt to mediocrity as a late night talk show host on Newcastle’s Metro Radio. As students there it was must listen-to stuff as this guy wrestled to deal with the drunken and insane locals.

My favourite one was when James launched reincarnation as the subject of the evening’s debate.
JW- Hello Caller, you’re on the air.
Caller- Helloooooooo Jayums!!!!
JW- Hello. So you think you’ve lived a previous life?
Caller- Ay Jayums. Ah’m sure of it.
JW- So what was this previous life?
Caller- Well, Jayums. Before this life, I sincerely believe I spent 2 years as a pork pie in Dewhursts shop window.
JW- Next caller… Hello, you’re on the air.

I remember occasionally listening to James Whale on his MW radio show in the late 1990s, he had some very 'interesting' guests and some fringe Forteana involved. The one I remember most was Australian man David Oates who appeared with his Reverse Speech [RS] hypothesis and it was a bit eerie listening to the clips!

Being the early days of the Internet, his website was then rudimentary and I remember the clips taking minutes to download in order to listen. Probably an auditory paredoilia (plus we're told what he thinks the RS phrase(s) are before we listen) but well worth a good old dive into.

https://reversespeech.com/reversals/

Back