Bizarre Auctions

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
It’s not a Jackalope, it’s a Wolpertinger from Austria, notice the wings. Mind you they do normally have duck feet and more of a tail.
Any ideas on the spikey backed, mustelid headed crow?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Any ideas on the spikey backed, mustelid headed crow?
I think it's probably just a random example of rogue taxidermy / taxidermy art. Putting a mammal's head on a bird's body isn't all that rare. I don't think I've ever seen a mash-up pseudo-creature with dorsal spines like that.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I think it's probably just a random example of rogue taxidermy / taxidermy art. Putting a mammal's head on a bird's body isn't all that rare. I don't think I've ever seen a mash-up pseudo-creature with dorsal spines like that.
I wondered if it was a take on a known chimera type creature similar to the jackalope or wolpertinger

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Yes he’s still there,I think it’s his auction house
I've always found Chiswick Auction house is a great place to buy but not so good to sell at, items seem to go for a lot less than estimate.

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Students sell body organs!

. . . and £2000 if a medical student cuts off your finger and then stitches it back on for practice!

Now i though this was just an urban legend - but it must be true - or is it? seems pretty far fetched to me, but hey, students will do anything for some dosh!:eek!!!!:
Well, after all we are in a digital revolution, and students do need that all important helping hand. . .
1634318221485.png

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a better thread for this item but I'm not sure which it is.

The largest known triceratops skeleton has been sold for £5.6 million at an auction in Paris.

"The fossilised remains of Big John, the largest triceratops dinosaur ever found, have been sold at an auction in the French capital.

The skeleton fetched a European record price of €6.65m ($7.74m; £5.6m).
Some 66 million years ago, Big John roamed modern-day South Dakota in the US, where the dinosaur's bones were unearthed in 2014.

With its huge collared skull and three horns, the plant-eating triceratops was a giant of the Cretaceous period.

A private, anonymous collector from the US bought Big John's skeleton, which was put on public display at the Drouot auction house in Paris last week."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58998367