• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bizarre Incidents Of Beheading / Decapitation

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Human heads dumped in Mexico bar

Mexican police have been fighting heavily-armed drugs gangs
Armed, masked men have burst into a bar in Mexico and flung five human heads onto a crowded dance floor, in an apparent warning to a rival drug gang. An official said 20 men entered the bar in Uruapan city, Michoacan state, fired into the air, forced revellers to lie down and then "threw down five heads".

The men also left behind a note saying the act was "divine justice" carried out on behalf of "the family".

Michoacan state's Pacific coastline has become a haven for drug traffickers.

Magdalena Guzman, a spokeswoman for the state prosecutor's office, told the Associated Press news agency investigators believed the beheadings may be linked to drug smugglers.

"No one who was at the bar wants to talk because they are afraid," Ms Guzman said. "They were stunned."

The group of men, dressed in black and carryingrifles and hndguns, burst into the bar shortly after midnight on Wednesday morning, officials said.

They fired into the air, ordered everyone to lie down and placed the heads on the floor.

A note they left behind said: "The family does not kill for money. It does not kill women or innocent people. Those who die are those who must die. Everyone should know that this is divine justice."

The victims have yet to be identified. Authorities have found 13 decapitated bodies in Michoacan this year.

Mexico's President-elect, Felipe Calderon, hails from Michoacan state and has vowed to curb drug-violence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5322160.stm

Re: Human heads dumped in Mexico bar

A note they left behind said: "The family does not kill for money. It does not kill women or innocent people. Those who die are those who must die. Everyone should know that this is divine justice."

Phew, thats ok then... :shock:

ramon, i only ask out of concern for your mental well-being but are you logging on to some kind of quirky decapitation and dispatch site a lot these days? between the pigs and this story i'm getting concerned you're going slightly insane though in a vaguely blood-curdling way rather than a humorous harvey-the-rabbit type fashion which everyone enjoys.

take care.

Decapitation is a time honoured way of disposing of undesirables. It was considered humane, as it is probably the fastest way to render someone into meat/ sever them from consciousness, even if that consciousness survives for a few seconds.

Decapitation makes sense, in other words. That, and it is especially shocking to westerners, who exterminate their undesirables via overdoses of drugs.

I oppose the death penalty instinctually. But I see little difference between decapitation and so-called 'humane' methods of murder.

ted_bloody_maul said:
ramon, i only ask out of concern for your mental well-being but are you logging on to some kind of quirky decapitation and dispatch site a lot these days? between the pigs and this story i'm getting concerned you're going slightly insane though in a vaguely blood-curdling way rather than a humorous harvey-the-rabbit type fashion which everyone enjoys.

take care.

But the heads in my room speak to me...

Remember in Babylon 5, whasis name had all of the heads of his (former) enemies in his study and would converse with them?

That's proper head dumping, none of your namby pamby shop bought pigs head, glad to see they still keep it real in Mexico. 8)

(a bit of a side-note)

The severed heads scene in Babylon 5 was done as homage to John Hurts' portrayal of Caligula in the series "I Claudius".
See link:

link
(paragraph 7)

and it also was probably influenced by reports of Idi Amin's activities with severed heads, see link:
link
(first two paragraphs)

Sorry Ted, ah just canna help it.

Beheaded Sudan editor is buried

Mohammed Taha escaped an assassination attempt in 2000
Thousands of mourners have attended the funeral of the Sudanese newspaper editor whose beheaded body was found in Khartoum after he was kidnapped.
Many people wept openly as Mohammed Taha's body was carried on a wooden bed from his home to the cemetery.

The BBC's Alfred Taban says the killing has shocked Sudan. Although Mr Taha had criticised many different groups, they are all united in mourning him.

Mr Taha's paper angered Islamists last year and some have been arrested.

Our correspondent says journalists in Sudan are scared, fearing they could be next if they do something to annoy the Islamic fundamentalists.

They organised demonstrations against Mr Taha last year after his al-Wifaq paper reprinted an article questioning the parentage of the prophet Muhammad.

He was put on trial for blasphemy but the charges were later dropped.

However, police say they have not found the motive for the killing.

Mr Taha was also the target of an assassination attempt in 2000, after writing an article which criticised the ruling National Congress Party.

'Cowardly murder'

The state-owned Sudan Vision newspaper was printed in black and white out of respect for Mr Taha's funeral, reports Reuters news agency.

"Something must be done before the abduction phenomenon develops into a practice," it warned.

Last year protesters clashed with police at Mr Taha's trial

Media freedom lobby group Reporters Without Borders condemned the kidnapping and "cowardly murder" of Mr Taha.

It urged Sudanese authorities to bring the perpetrators to justice.

Correspondents say the killing of Mr Taha will raise fears that extremist groups are once again active in Sudan.

Sudan provided a home for al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in the 1990s and the country is still on the United States' list of states sponsoring terrorism.

Khartoum has been governed by strict Islamic Sharia law since 1983 - but our correspondent says that in recent years courts have shown a degree of flexibility in their interpretations of Islamic law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5322818.stm

Decapitation can be quick, but if not done efficiently it is just as cruel as any other means of execution. Anyone who has seen the videos of murders of hostages by middle eastern terrorists knows that.

Being 'dispatched' by a guillotine or a trained mediaeval French swordsman is one thing. Having your head hacked off, while kneeling, from behind with a butcher's knife might be another. :(

crunchy5 said:
That's proper head dumping, none of your namby pamby shop bought pigs head, glad to see they still keep it real in Mexico. 8)

Thank you, we strive to do our best. :twisted:

Sorry once again Ted. I cant keep away from the decapitation sites.

Burglars get severed heads shock 18 minutes ago

Burglars in Vienna opted for a speedy getaway after they found eight severed human heads when breaking into the basement of an apartment building, Austrian police said Friday.

A dentist had stored the mummified heads, which he used for research, in a chest in the basement. Burglars stumbled upon the collection when they broke in, police said.

"The burglars were looking for loot when they discovered the heads," said a spokeswoman for Austrian police. "From what it looks like, they just left them lying and bolted away."

Austrian authorities said they were investigating whether there had been a breach of the regulations for storing research materials.

Hiya Head

Did anyone else think that there were an awful lot of "Marie"s in that last link? Okay, I can get real....most of those Maries had French surnames, and that makes a certain amount of sense...

So where are the dolls to commemorate the ones Burned At The Stake? Wasn't Joan of Ark one of them? I demand a doll crafted in the likeness of Joan of Arks conflagrated corpse! Now!

I demand a doll crafted in the likeness of Joan of Arks conflagrated corpse!
Sounds like a job for Barbie to me. ;)

It only takes a hint of a mention of dolls...and Madamosielle Le Snail is right in there!!

Well, I'm starting smaller this time. ;)

Indonesia beheadings trial opens

A Muslim man has gone on trial in Jakarta over the beheading of three Christian schoolgirls in the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.
Hasanuddin is the first of three suspects to face trial over the October 2005 killings, which shocked Indonesia.

All three men could be sentenced to death if found guilty.

The murders threatened to reignite violence between Sulawesi's Muslims and Christians, which has continued despite a 2002 peace deal.

Tensions have risen in recent weeks following the execution of three Christian militants in September, for attacks against Muslims in 2000.

Religious motive?

Hasanuddin said nothing as he arrived in the packed courtroom, according to the BBC's correspondent in Jakarta, Lucy Williamson.

VIOLENT PAST

Previously known as Celebes, Sulawesi is Indonesia's fourth largest island
80% of residents are Muslim, while 17% are Christian
A December 1998 brawl in Poso led to months of religious violence in which hundreds died

Flashpoint Sulawesi

He faces charges of premeditated murder and carrying out acts of terrorism, she says.

Prosecutors accused him of masterminding the attack, though they said the actual perpetrators remained at large.

They said Hasanuddin, who had attended a militant training camp in the Southern Philippines, planned the attack as retaliation for the killing - by a Christian mob - of Muslims at a school in 2000.

The three schoolgirls were beheaded as they walked to the private Christian school near their home in the town of Poso, in central Sulawesi.

One of their heads was discovered outside a church, adding to the suspicion the murders were religiously motivated.

Speaking before the trials opened, the men's' lawyer told the Associated Press that all three had admitted involvement in the killings, which they said were aimed at avenging Muslim deaths.

The trial is being held in Jakarta for security reasons.

Sulawesi has long been the scene of violent attacks between Christians and Muslims.

More than 1,000 people are believed to have been killed during two years of violence triggered by a brawl between Christian and Muslim gangs in December 1998.

Indonesia is the world's most populous Muslim nation, but Christianity is commonplace in some parts of Sulawesi.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6127378.stm

volshebnik said:
Decapitation is a time honoured way of disposing of undesirables. It was considered humane, as it is probably the fastest way to render someone into meat/ sever them from consciousness, even if that consciousness survives for a few seconds.

Decapitation makes sense, in other words. That, and it is especially shocking to westerners, who exterminate their undesirables via overdoses of drugs.

I oppose the death penalty instinctually. But I see little difference between decapitation and so-called 'humane' methods of murder.

Have you seen videos of people in Iraq being beheaded? I suspect not. It is not fast or painless, they saw away with a small filet knife while the person screams. After they get through the windpipe they wheeze and gurgle blood. Sorry for the graphic description, but i give it for the same reason i watched the horrific video, to be aware and see for myself the horrifying things people will do.

Schizophrenic man beheaded friend

Graham Rayner, of Taverham, Norfolk, was a retired mechanic
A man suffering from paranoid schizophrenia decapitated a friend after he stopped taking the necessary medication, a court heard.
Garnet Hooper, 54, of Attlebridge, Norfolk, attacked Graham Rayner, 64, of Taverham, Norfolk, with an axe in May.

He then put Mr Rayner's headless body in the boot of a car and drove off.

Hooper, who admitted manslaughter at Norwich Crown Court, was ordered to be detained indefinitely in a secure hospital under the mental health act.

Judge Peter Jacobs said the case was "worrying and disturbing".

Mr Rayner's family said "questions" needed to be asked about Hooper's care.

Health authority officials said Hooper's case had been analysed and a decision would be made as to whether an inquiry was needed.

We cannot forgive Garnet Hooper for what he did but we accept that they were the actions of a very ill man

A spokesman for Mr Rayner's family

Hooper, who had suffered from schizophrenia for 20 years, had been placed in a secure hospital in 1991 after stabbing a member of his family. He was released into the community in 1996, lawyers said.

The torso and head of Mr Rayner were found in a green Montego car stopped by police on the A11 in Suffolk on 24 May this year.

Graham Parkins QC said Hooper had stopped taking medication in the weeks leading up to the killing of Mr Rayner.

Friends noticed that his mental state was deteriorating and he thought that televisions were listening to him, said Mr Parkins.

But the court was told that no-one realised that he might be capable of such extreme violence.

"It was becoming perfectly clear that this man was not taking necessary medication," said Judge Jacobs.

"It is a worrying and disturbing situation. I propose to make no further comment. That will be for others."

'Lessons to learn'

Judge Jacobs told Hooper: "You considered you would have to kill somebody because that was the way your uncontrolled urges were leading you."

A spokesman for Mr Rayner's family said after the hearing: "We cannot forgive Garnet Hooper for what he did but we accept that they were the actions of a very ill man."

The spokesman added: "We are keen that questions are asked of the mental health services' procedures and of the individuals concerned with his care.

"Lessons need to be learned to help prevent another family going through what we are."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 219214.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
ramonmercado said:
Sorry once again Ted. I cant keep away from the decapitation sites.

Burglars get severed heads shock 18 minutes ago

Burglars in Vienna opted for a speedy getaway after they found eight severed human heads when breaking into the basement of an apartment building, Austrian police said Friday.

*A dentist had stored the mummified heads, which he used for research, in a chest in the basement. Burglars stumbled upon the collection when they broke in, police said.

"The burglars were looking for loot when they discovered the heads," said a spokeswoman for Austrian police. "From what it looks like, they just left them lying and bolted away."

Austrian authorities said they were investigating whether there had been a breach of the regulations for storing research materials.

Hiya Head

*Am I the only one just as disturbed by that statement?! :shock: What kind of 'research' could a dentist possibly do with a mummified head? shudders

Japan boy 'severs mother's head'

A teenage Japanese boy has been arrested after walking into a police station carrying a severed human head and claiming to have killed his mother.
The 17-year-old went to a police station in the town of Aizuwakamatsu, north of Tokyo, carrying the head in a sports bag, Japanese media said.

The beheaded body of a woman was later found at the boy's home, police said.

This is the latest in a series of grisly killings in Japan, a country renowned for its low crime rate.

On Monday a severed human leg was discovered in a small river in central Tokyo.

In January, a 32-year-old woman was arrested after she confessed to killing her husband, dismembering him with a saw and dumping body parts around Tokyo.

'It's horrifying'

In the latest case, the boy, said to be a local high school student, reportedly told police he killed his mother with a knife during the night as she slept, and had acted alone.

Japanese press said the boy lived with his young brother, separately from their parents. Their mother was believed to have been visiting them on Monday.

The teenager was reported to have undergone psychiatric treatment at some point in the past.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yasuhisa Shiozaki expressed his alarm at the reports. "If it's true, it's horrifying," he said.

Aizuwakamatsu is located in Fukushima prefecture, some 200km (125 miles) north of Tokyo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6656417.stm

Beheadings spark Kenyan sect hunt

The Mungiki sect has a violent reputation
Police in Kenya have launched a manhunt for followers of the outlawed Mungiki religious sect accused of beheading six people in the centre of the country.
Security Minister John Michuki said some 200 suspects have been arrested this week since the corpses were found.

Followers of the Mungiki sect, have been battling with public transport operators who refuse to pay them protection fees.

The sect promotes female circumcision and oath taking and was banned in 2002.

Police say the latest victims of the sect members were abducted and tortured before being hacked to death and their bodies dismembered.

The body parts were found dumped near a police station, in Kiambu town, a few kilometres from the capital, Nairobi.

The group has been linked to influential politicians from central Kenya in the past and there are fears they may be used to disrupt the general elections later this year.

President Mwai Kibaki is seeking a second term in office and is facing a stiff challenge from the opposition Orange Democratic Movement of Kenya.

"Mungiki, Taleban or whatever they call themselves we are going to wipe them out tomorrow and we are determined," Mr Michuki told reporters in Nairobi.

The security minister denied claims that the killings are linked to politics.

Mungiki which means a multitude of people in Kikuyu, one of the major tribes in Kenya, claims to have more than one million followers across the country.

Police are also investigating reports that the sect has extended its criminal activities to kidnapping and extortion.

Last week, security forces were placed on high alert following the distribution of leaflets allegedly authored by the sect leaders asking the youth to join the banned sect in readiness for an uprising against the government.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6681795.stm

I saw a short article about a woman called Shannon Malloy who survived a traffic accident decapitation. There´s a link to a video, but the picture for it freaks me out enough that I don´t want to see it. Is there anyone here who knows anything more about it?

A man cut off his head with a chainsaw because he did not want to leaving his repossessed home.

David Phyall, 50, carried out the carefully thought out suicide in his housing association flat in Bishopstoke, Hampshire, in July this year.

An inquest at Winchester Coroner's Court heard that Mr Phyall tied the Black & Decker tool to a leg of a snooker table in his lounge, taped up the on button and plugged it into a timer,

Mr Phyall, who had consumed a small quantity of alcohol but no drugs, then lay down under the snooker table face up and placed the chainsaw against his neck. A piece of the tool's cardboard box initially cushioning the blades from his neck.

The hearing heard that the timer, which is usually used to turn lights on and off, was fixed to start up the chainsaw for 15 minutes.

When it activated, it sliced three-quarters through his neck and across into his right shoulder only stopping from a complete severing when his t-shirt was dragged into the blades.

His elderly parents John and Jean Phyall raised the alarm when they could not contact their son on July 5 this year.

Police were called and, when they arrived, found Mr Phyall in the lounge with blood spattering the walls, floor and a cabinet.

Sergeant Mark Carter said: "The electric chainsaw was embedded in his neck. The blade was approximately three quarters through his neck."

The hearing heard that the block where Mr Phyall had his flat was to be demolished and despite great efforts from his housing association, he had refused 11 offers of alternative accommodation. Eventually it had gone to court to repossess the property.

Recording a verdict of suicide, Mr Burge said First Wessex Housing Group had done all they could to help Mr Phyall but he was "irrationally opposed to moving".

He said: "It is an appalling way to take one's life but that is what happened in this case.

"He thought through how he was going to commit suicide very carefully. He went to a great deal of trouble.

"I think he did it to draw attention to the injustice of his situation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3486454/Man-cuts-off-own-head-with-chainsaw.html

maximus otter

When i read this it reminded me of this sad case from 2001.

Body found in lounge
Nov 30 2001 By Gregg Fray, Liverpool Echo

A COUPLE who arrived to view a house found a dead woman in the living room with her throat slashed by a circular saw.

Alison Galletly, 32, killed herself because of problems at work, an inquest heard.

The saw, bought the previous day, was embedded in the left side of her neck, and still plugged in.

The safety guard was taped back, and the trigger taped to the on position, PC Phil Burroughs told the inquest in Ormskirk.

Ms Galletly, a forensic psychiatric social worker in Preston, was found by the couple who had hoped to rent the property where she lived in Chapel Street, Ormskirk.

A note was found nearby, saying: "I'm so sorry".

The inquest heard that she had made a complaint to her bosses at Whittingham hospital, saying she felt " frustrated and under-rated".

After making the complaint, Ms Galletly read about a policeman's wife in Preston who killed herself using a circular saw. She decided to take her own life in the same way.

Yet she had told her mother "I don't know how anyone could possibly do that. It was dreadful."

Her mother, Josephine Galletly, of Yew Tree Road, Ormskirk, said: "Alison was told by social services that if she discussed the grievance outside she would be dismissed and not be given a reference. I just hope social services realise what they do to people when they put them under strain."

Coroner Howard McCann recorded a verdict of suicide. He said: "Alison was obviously very frustrated.

"She did not seem to think she was getting anywhere with her grievance. The word isolated has been used.

"Social services and other employers will think about these things more carefully."

A Lancashire county council spokesman said " Social services are aware of this matter. It is being considered at the highest level."

It's commoner than you'd think, going by Rotten.com, I'm told. :shock:

Her mother, Josephine Galletly, of Yew Tree Road, Ormskirk, said: "Alison was told by social services that if she discussed the grievance outside she would be dismissed and not be given a reference. I just hope social services realise what they do to people when they put them under strain."

Organisations behave like this a lot. I don't think it's unique to her local authority. So many large employers - provate and public sector - have grievance procedures which promise a great deal, but in reality work to protect management by isolating the person who raises the concern.

Back