• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bizarre Tourist Attractions

I was thinking about making stone replicas but chocolate ones would be even better!.
You could pop down to the beach for inspiration. :nods:

Attachments

• starfish.jpg
    starfish.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 3
When I was a kid, my mothers feet always smelt of stale cheese. She'd come home from work as a teacher, make herself a coffee (Nescafe), get a few broken biscuits bought from Woolworth's, take her shoes off, put her feet up on a stool, and stink the sitting room out. It'd make me feel sick. That smell. It still haunts me. She was fat. Very fat. She may have been a good teacher but her feet, they stank. Her breath stank as well. Oh how I was glad to leave home at 16. No more cheesy feet and stinking breath. She considered herself a good parent, I don't for many reasons. She did her best though and that is all a person can ask and that is good enough. She did the best she could.

Even now, at 66 years old, that memory still remains and although I like mature cheddar occasionally on toast, I don't when opening the wrapping smell it. As for other more smellier cheeses. Arghhhhhh! It's my mothers stinking feet all over again.

Maybe this posting is in the wrong place. If it is, Mods, please could you move it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Rat hole follow up

Causes grief for locals.

Since going viral, the rat-shaped hole in the sidewalk in Roscoe Village has drawn countless tourists seeing to see and take pictures of it. Many have dropped coins into the hole, and left cheese and other items in a makeshift shrine that has been erected alongside it.

‘We have always liked the rat (or squirrel) – it was a cute, quirky little thing in our neighborhood. People would smile and laugh as they walked by, and that was it.

‘It’s been there at least 20 years, afaik. But now the internet has learned about it, and taken things waaaaay too far.’
Shrine

1706104903828.png

There's a video.

Back