• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Black-Eyed Kids

Here ya go:
taking the bus

This story happened 6 years ago...

I was walking to my local school when I was 12. To get to the school, we had to walk through an old street with run-down houses and overgrown gardens. My friend Mathew and I were late for school, and we were in a hurry. All of a sudden, Mathew stopped and turned very pale.

I looked quickly to see what had frightened him. I saw a very pretty girl. She was about a year older than us and she was wearing what I guessed was victorian clothes. She was very pale and her eyes were pure black. She stood there for about 30 secounds, then turned. On her back was a hole with liquid that looked like blood, but it was silver in color.

We went after her, but she turned into a side alley and was gone. Mathew was in shock and we walked to his home, already too late for school. His mother told us of a 14-year-old girl who was murded by her farther in the late victorian times. We always took the bus from then on.
It could be a prank was played on the two youngsters but, anyway, black eyes were mentioned.

Re: Black-eyed Kids

This story pissed me off, and here's why:

Okay. Journalists are required to talk to lots of people, and that includes children. I've seen and spoken to lots of them. Here's how that usually goes:

"Uh ... M ... M ... Mister? Can I see that camera? I ... I won't break it or anything. I promise. My dad has a camera, and he lets me hold it sometimes, I guess, and I took a picture of my dog -- it wasn's very good, 'cause I got my finger in the way and ..."

Add in some feet shuffling and/or body swaying and you've got a typical kid talking to a stranger.
What the hell?! Sure, if you're talking about 6 year olds! But just before this he said "my initial impression is that they were somewhere between 10-14." Wow, so first of all he can't tell a 10 year old from a 14 year old, and second of all...
Okay, I used to work in an arcade in a mall, and let me tell ya, kids that age are capable of extremely intelligent conversation. I would say most of them. Sure, not all of them, but none of them talk like what he described. There is absolutely nothing unusual in their speech as depicted in his story, and yet it "made my desire to flee even greater." Oh, let's not forget "His command of language was incredible". Wow. Okay, whatever. You mean compared to yours?

Alright, I'm done venting now. :D
And for what it's worth, I've known my friends for years, and can't tell you the colour of any of their eyes. But I certainly noticed it when one of them wore black contacts one day. Noticed it immediately, from some distance away.

Looks like the Wiki people has an article on this phenom now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Eyed_Kids
The Black Eyed Kids are a paranormal phenomena of sorts, mainly derived from eerie encounters with children in their teens or younger, who have unusually dark black eyes. Encounters with the "Black Eyed Children" generally include that they beckon encountered persons to let them inside their car or house. Using an excuse such as "I need to get home to my mother" or something that implies the child is in need has been reported by people who've encountered such children.

There is no well-known story or legend that accompanies the Black Eyed Children. Many theories or supposed facts about them are derived from first-hand experiences with them, but so far, no legend or past-time story has been discovered to explain them.

Many times in reported encounters with the Black Eyed Kids, the children often ask, quite forwardly, to come inside the house or car. When the person makes eye contact with the children, they receive an overwhelming wave of fear and dread and have trouble talking to the child, all the while the child continues to beckon. Often the children wear clothes appropriate to the current-day fashion and appear normal, save for their eyes. The appearances of this phenomenon usually occur at night as well.

There is a notion that if you do let a black eyed child in your home or car, then you will eventually be found dead the day after.

No one knows what exactly the Black Eyed Children are, some suggest they could be ghosts or vampires - mainly because they ask to be invited into one's home and only appear at night, whereas most believe they are demons.

The most notable encounter which began a widespread interest was that of reporter Brian Bethel. See "Evil Kids" for an example of the black eyed children.

Bannik said:
LobeliaOverhill said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that "Abductees" will often have nightmares of owls, or large birds, or animals that have large dark eyes - the animal being "placed" over the actual image the brain is hiding ... so why not have a mask image of kids?
Do "abductees" ever have nightmares of Praying Mantises (note they have black eyes)? I've always had a fear of them (I don't think its strong enough to be called a phobia) yet a sense of familiarity with them as well. When I look into their eyes, I feel as though I'm looking into the face of something from my early childhood, but what I can't recall. They seem like the most 'alien' thing on Earth to me, yet they seem 'familiar' at the same time.:hmm:

I loathe praying mantises too. Cannot stand the sight of them or even the knowledge that one is in my vicinity. I won't as much as look at one if I can help it, and I'm convinced that if I was forced to touch one I'd faint. I've had this fear since I was a child. Mulder on the X-files was the first person I heard say that mantises scare him because their eyes remind him of greys. That makes perfect sense to me. On a primal level I just find them very,very creepy.

The thing is the greys don't bother me at all. In fact I find them just about the dullest-lookin' supernatural critters out there. To me this entity has much more of a mantis essence even though its eyes aren't black. (very alien/familiar.)

There are also some BEK stories here starting with the fourth post from the bottom and continuing on page four.

Cool dog-headed man avatar, btw.

I absolutely believe that the story from Brian Bethel is made up. I often come up with shit scary stories and feel the urge to write them asif they were real. Now all my stories I have posted are real, because I wouldn't want to stand in the way of the truth by making stuff up. However there is something very tempting about circulating a psychologically scary story as real. Not in the way of a hoax but in the way of a campfire story that you tell as if it happened to you. It puts the reader into a state of acceptance [even if they are sceptical] that makes the story far more scary.
So in short, there is no doubt those first BEK stories are made up and because they were told in the "IHTM" way, they seem to have spawned more stories from other people. As a little sidenote, we had a friend once who had never really thought about UFOs much, when I told her about it with a few details, you wouldn't believe it but she called us the very next day [!] totally frightened and excited that she had just seen a UFO flying over her house. She was absolutely convinced [we were not] and we had to come over to calm her down. Thus is the effect some stories can have on people if told in a reality manner.
Anyway, that BEK can now be found in the wikipedia is meme-spreading at its most interesting.
It is a strange thing but should not be forgotten that for every peson that has interest and read up on the supernatural and can form rational thoughts, there are many many out there who are affected in a way we can't comprehend. How can I say this without sounding offensive [because I don't mean it that way at all]. Basically I have often been surprised how "medieval" some fully functional everyday people still are in their opinions/ thoughts. I wonder if there is a mention about this anywhere?
So BEK are excellent but the source can actually be traced back to the journalist. And I have to say as a writer myself : "Hat off, well done."

Dingo667 said:
I absolutely believe that the story from Brian Bethel is made up.
...snip...
So in short, there is no doubt those first BEK stories are made up and because they were told in the "IHTM" way, they seem to have spawned more stories from other people.

"no doubt"? Why not? Brian's own "FAQ" says it's true, and also that he prides himself on accuracy and such. Like you say, he could have made it up for fun, but why then would he start distributing it as truth? It could of course be a hoax, but so could many things. And are you implying journalists lie by default? (That, of course, could be another argument. Any stories I've known the truth behind, what's printed in the paper has often been wildly inaccurate ;) )

Oh don't get me wrong, I would LOVE these stories to be true and if they turned out to be I would apologise and be very very glad and nicely scared.
However I explained that I don't think its a HOAX, its probably more a journalistic experiment. Not a plan to misguide people and then laugh at their gullibility, but a sort of written art form to make stories EVEN MORE scary if told as real. Which is in my eyes a good thing.
If you think that detail makes a story real how about this one:

My brother used to study away from home in a place called Wilhelmshaven in the north of Germany. As the rest of us lived 340km away in Hannover, my parents went to visit him over the weekend ever so often and dragged me with them. I was about 14 when this particular thing happened. My brother [being a student] had moved about quite a bit and was living in an old victorian flat on the the top floor. I had to sleep in the living room on the sofa [not wanting tro put up with my dads snoring]. As far as I remember it was winter. There were other similar buildings opposite, in which you could look from his windows.
So that night I went to the loo and not being particularily tired I had a look out of the window. One of the flats [about two floors lower than I was] on the opposite had no curtains or anything, so thanks to the streetlamp you could look right inside. It was empty. No furniture, nothing and you could see quite a lot of detailin that flat. I stood there not looking at anything in particular when I saw this man walking slowly across the room. First I didn't think much of it, after all it was past midnight but not too late for some people to be still up and about. I thought that it was maybe the owner having a look around or something. At least it was something to look at. I could see that he was an elderly man, what striked me as odd was the way he walked, he was sort of hunched over and way too thin. He just walked across that room that way and that was that. Why would he do that? The light was never switched on and it was a little eerie to say the least to see this odd figure in that empty flat.
I asked my brother about this the next day and he said that that flat had been empty for quite a while and that it belonged to a housing association. So who was that man?

Indeed who was it?
Well, the first part is true, the part with the man is sort of true as I made him up that night standing at the window, in the sense of "what if". Put together, it makes for a quite convincing story. I could have put it in as a IHTM and people would have speculated and come up with explanations for the man i.e it could have been a trick of my mind or the street lamp etc.
This is not even the scariest I could come up with but believe you me you wouldn't want to sit around a fireplace with me once I get REALLY started...muahahahahaha 8)

Dingo667 said:
So BEK are excellent but the source can actually be traced back to the journalist. And I have to say as a writer myself : "Hat off, well done."
Same here. I think these BEKs are cool and much spookier than greys (no offense to any grey fanatics reading this).

I believe the hundreds of Shadowman reports now scattered throughout the internet were triggered by one person calling in on an Art Bell show back in like 2000 (maybe earlier). That one call sparked many similar calls ("about that shadowman that one caller mentioned,...yeah, I've seen one too!") At some point Art Bell dedicated a whole show solely to shadowman reports.

We have two sizeable, plus other smaller, threads about shadowman sightings on this very MB.

I don't think all the reports on various websites were necessarily shared after the Art Bell show. In fact, I know one person who isn't interested in the paranormal and wasn't aware that such a phenomena as "shadowpeople" exists who shared her shadowman encounter from when she was a kid with me.

Still, it's interesting to ponder how many of the "memories" of BEKs or shadowpeople or any other otherworldly experience people share are "false" and "remembered" only because another person's account triggered them.

Btw, I think people have been “medieval” long before the middle ages, are now, and always will be (myself included). :monster:

Would you say then that the whole "Invisible Masters" phenomenon is due to precicely the same thing (as mentioned in the earlier Entity thread)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Master

Victims of Invisible Masters claim to have been sexually assaulted by a shadowy humanoid figure that was nearly always unseen by anyone else, leading a few writers on the subject to make comparisons with the Smurl haunting and the description of the attacks on Carla Moran that were portrayed in the movie, "The Entity". In general, however, the victim's descriptions of their experiences are nowhere near as violent as those two well-publicized hauntings, and are nearly always related from the re-discovery of repressed memories from the victims teenage years.

The mythology of the Invisible Masters often compares them to demonic possession but they are equally as much an example of a haunting, in that the entity is described as obsessed with haunting the victim rather than possessing them. In most of the claims when there have been attempts at exorcisms these have usually only resulted in the Invisible Master's mockery or dismissal of the attempt. There has been debate among believers in this phenomenon whether the entity should really be classified as demonic because many victims claim that the Invisible Master was often protective of them when they were threatened by other people, or when they faced real physical danger.

Claimants of sexual assault by Invisible Masters don't always attempt to explain the phenomenon, but some begin independent research into finding confirming evidence of what happened to them, and explain the lack of greater awareness of the Invisible Masters as the result the entities' abilities in mind-control and reality-shaping. Most will also point to the ease with which people dismiss odd behavior by teenagers. Others claim that there are active attempts at an extraterrestrial or governmental cover-up or a the influence of the Invisible Masters themselves making certain the no organised group admits to their existence.

But perhaps the most interesting bit can be found at the end of the same wiki article in the skeptic's section:
It has been noticed by investigators and observers of the phenomenon that many events reported by victims claiming to have been “sexually enslaved” by an Invisible Master often have parallels in anthropology, folklore and religion: Especially common is imagery persistent in faerie encounters, in particular stories of faerie seduction and raping of young women.

Is it possible that the BEK could be related to the fay as well?

Good lord! :eek!!!!:

That's one of the most disturbing things I've read on this board. All I know about this "Invisible Masters" phenomena is what I read on that link (I've never heard of it before today). That seems too pervasive and complex a phenomena for me to attempt to explain it in any one simple way. The subject of IMs probably deserves its own thread.

Also, I'm not saying that all or even any of the BEK stories are "false memories". It would be ironic though if Mr. Bethel's hoax (if that indeed is what it was) is what led others to suddenly remember, or simply come out of the closet with, their own BEK experiences. Perhaps the writer heard someone else's account and decided to make the story more Hollywoodish and share it on the internet. Then again maybe it was his own experience(s) he was doing that with. Any number of things could be true. ;)

It's interesting that in all of these BEK stories the visited immediately senses something is wrong even if they can't put their finger on it right away. Contrast that with many MIB stories in which the visited seem oblivious to the strangeness of the situation until afterward when they can't understand why they reacted so casually and complacently to their otherworldly visitor.

Is there any kind of disorder which can result in eye colour being darker than usual? I saw a woman sometime last year who had jet-black eyes with only a small amount of white visible. It was pretty weird.

Magus Perde~ said:
What the hell?! Sure, if you're talking about 6 year olds! But just before this he said "my initial impression is that they were somewhere between 10-14." Wow, so first of all he can't tell a 10 year old from a 14 year old, and second of all...
Okay, I used to work in an arcade in a mall, and let me tell ya, kids that age are capable of extremely intelligent conversation. I would say most of them. quote]

I work with young people and know of many who can speak very clearly and confidently. Some are dangerous but not in a BEK way- more a 'don't mess with' way- they would have learned from a young age how to be politely threatening and this would come out a smoothly as any other dialogue learned from childhood- sometimes I have to tell them how they are sounding because they hardly realise themselves.

As for eyes; I recently suffered eye-bleeds with the result of the whites of my eyes going red, then dark red/brown. In a role reversal of this several of the kids i work with didn't notice till I cam right up close then jumped back in terror. I could see but my eyes looked 'demonic' to others.

Some interesting variants of the black-eyed people theme:
Location. San Juan Puerto Rico
Date: December 15 2005
Time: 1900-2000

Mr. Palacios was in front of a local Walgreen’s store at the “Los Pascos” shopping center. He was standing outside with his son while the rest of his family shopped inside. Suddenly his son noticed who he thought was a well known local “Ufologist” Andrew Alvarez accompanied by a woman coming out of the Drugstore and walked towards the area of the food court, he immediately told his father since both had recently attended a conference given by Mr. Alvarez. Palacios looked and confirmed it was indeed Alvarez.

Moments later Palacios stepped out into the parking lot in order to smoke a cigarette. Having finished he went back to Walgreen in order to look for his wife, coming out of the store he again noticed the supposed “Alvarez” now wearing a pair of dark sunglasses and alone standing outside. He walked towards Alvarez and as he stood in front of Alvarez this one takes off his sunglasses and stares at him intently. Stunned, Palacios suddenly found himself unable to move, when he realized that Alvarez’s eyes were totally out of the ordinary, they were all black with double lids somehow resembling those of certain reptiles and sharks.

Alvarez (or whoever the imposter was) continues to stare at Palacios intently and without saying a word he put on his sunglasses again, turned his head backwards like canines are able to do (?!) and walked towards the parking lot. Immediately, and now able to move, Palacios followed him, but to his surprise Alvarez had now completely vanished from sight.

Despite the fact that Alvarez’s “double” had not spoken a word, Palacios was convinced that the meaning had been obvious and direct, the imposter had conveyed to Palacios the fact that “he was not the person that he seemed to be”. Why he was chosen to see this apparent “shape shifting” demonstration, Palacios does not know, but thinks it was for the purpose to know that there were other “types” of sentient life that were capable of doing that. Palacios and his family have experienced other apparently unrelated paranormal events...

source

Also: Bizarre Alien Encounter

Here's Andrew Alvarez website:
Andrew Alvarez.

Perhaps he is one of the reptilian shapeshifters? It seems that way if the story and David Icke's theories are to be taken seriously. Which of course we can't by the lack of evidence.

Electric_Monk said:
"no doubt"? Why not? Brian's own "FAQ" says it's true, and also that he prides himself on accuracy and such. Like you say, he could have made it up for fun, but why then would he start distributing it as truth?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! You really think that if a person insists they are not lying that they are not? And more importantly in this case, you think people need a reason to make crap up? Am I the only person who is constantly having to deal with pathological liars of the worst sort? Am I some sort of freak magnet? No, wait, get a job at a mall, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. People make up the wildest things and expect you to believe them, and they have nothing to gain from it. Do they believe it themselves? Who cares! And can anyone confirm for me whether this guy is really a journalist? Oh, he says he is; I suppose it's in his FAQ, which we've of course already established as iron-clad proof of any claims made therein. "Therein." Now there's a stupid word.

If you subscribe to the Tulpatheory, the likelihood that the original Black Eyed Kids story was a hoax doesn't negate the possibility of other people seeing them for real.

After all, the Men in Black as we now know them were 'invented' and popularised by Ufological trickster Gray Barker (inspired, of course, by Albert Bender's original hallucination). Nevertheless, plenty of apparently reliable witnesses have since encountered apparently real MIB's.

MrRING said:
I ran across this story as told by Brian Bethel on Obi-wans Paranormal site... it seems pretty scary, and it seems as though he's telling the truth. Ever heard of BEK's before? The faq:

http://www.ghosts.org/stories/bekfaq.html

and this is the story:

It was about 9:30 p.m. when I left. From my relatively isolated apartments, it's about 10-15 minutes or so to downtown (Abilene has a population of about 110,000).

Right next to Camalott Communications' old location is a $1.50 movie theater. At the time, the place was featuring that masterwork of modern film, Mortal Kombat. I drove by the theater on the way into the center proper and pulled into an empty parking space.

Using the glow of the marquee to write out my check, I was startled to hear a knock on the driver's-side window of my car.

I looked over and saw two children staring at me from street. I need to describe them, with the one feature (you can guess what it was) that I didn't realize until about half-way through the conversation cleverly omitted.

Both appeared to be in that semi-mystical stage of life children get into where you can't exactly tell their age. Both were boys, and my initial impression is that they were somewhere between 10-14.

Boy No. 1 was the spokesman. Boy No. 2 didn't speak during the entire conversation -- at least not in words.

Boy No. 1 was slightly taller than his companion, wearing a pull-over, hooded shirt with a sort of gray checked pattern and jeans. I couldn't see his shoes. His skin was olive-colored and had curly, medium-length brown hair. He exuded an air of quiet confidence.

Boy No. 2 had pale skin with a trace of freckles. His primary characteristic seemed to be looking around nervously. He was dressed in a similar manner to his companion, but his pull-over was a light green color. His hair was a sort of pale orange.

They didn't appear to be related, at least directly.

"Oh, great," I thought. "They're gonna hit me up for money." And then the air changed.

I've explained this before, but for the benefit of any new lurkers out there, right before I experience something strange, there's a change in perception that comes about which I describe in the above manner. It's basically enough time to know it's too late. ;)

So, there I was, filling out a check in my car (which was still running) and in a sudden panic over the appearance of two little boys. I was confused, but an overwhelming sense of fear and unearthliness rushed in nonetheless.

The spokesman smiled, and the sight for some inexplicable reason chilled my blood. I could feel fight-or-flight responses kicking in. Something, I knew instinctually, was not right, but I didn't know what it could possibly be.

I rolled down the window very, very slightly and asked "Yes?"

The spokesman smiled again, broader this time. His teeth were very, very white.

"Hey, mister, what's up? We have a problem," he said. His voice was that of a young man, but his diction, quiet calm and ... something I still couldn't put my finger on ... made my desire to flee even greater. "You see, my friend and I want to see the films, but we forgot our money," he continued. "We need to go to our house to get it. Want to help us out?"

Okay. Journalists are required to talk to lots of people, and that includes children. I've seen and spoken to lots of them. Here's how that usually goes:

"Uh ... M ... M ... Mister? Can I see that camera? I ... I won't break it or anything. I promise. My dad has a camera, and he lets me hold it sometimes, I guess, and I took a picture of my dog -- it wasn's very good, 'cause I got my finger in the way and ..."

Add in some feet shuffling and/or body swaying and you've got a typical kid talking to a stranger.

In short, they're usually apologetic. People generally teach children that when they talk to adults, they're usually bothering them for one reason or another and they should at least be polite.

This kid was in no way fitting the mold. His command of language was incredible and he showed no signs of fear. He spoke as if my help was a foregone conclusion. When he grinned, it was as if he was trying to say, "I know something ... and you're NOT gonna like it. But the only way you're going to find out what it is will be to do what I say ..."

"Uh, well ..." was the best reply I could offer.

Now here's where it starts to get strange.

The quiet companion looked at the spokesman with a mixture of confusion and guilt on his face. He seemed in some ways shocked, not with his friend's brusque manner but that I didn't just immediately open the door.

He eyed me nervously.

The spokesman seemed a bit perturbed, too. I still was registering something wrong with both.

"C'mon, mister," the spokesman said again, smooth as silk. Car salesmen could learn something from this kid. "Now, we just want to go to our house. And we're just two little boys."

That really scared me. Something in the tone and diction again sent off alarm bells. My mind was frantically trying to process what it was perceiving about the two figures that was "wrong."

"Eh. Um ...." was all I could manage. I felt myself digging my fingernails into the steering wheel.

"What movie were you going to see?" I asked finally.

"Mortal Kombat, of course," the spokesman said. The silent one nodded in affirmation, standing a few paces behind.

"Oh," I said. I stole a quick glance at the marquee and at the clock in my car. Mortal Kombat had been playing for an hour, the last showing of the evening.

The silent one looked increasingly nervous. I think he saw my glances and suspected that I might be detecting something was not above-board.

"C'mon, mister. Let us in. We can't get in your car until you do, you know," the spokesman said soothingly. "Just let us in, and we'll be gone before you know it. We'll go to our mother's house."

We locked eyes.

To my horror, I realized my hand had strayed toward the door lock (which was engaged) and was in the process of opening it. I pulled it away, probably a bit too violently. But it did force me to look away from the children.

I turned back. "Er ... Um ...," I offered weakly and then my mind snapped into sharp focus.

For the first time, I noticed their eyes.

They were coal black. No pupil. No iris. Just two staring orbs reflecting the red and white light of the marquee.

At that point, I know my expression betrayed me. The silent one had a look of horror on his face in a combination that seemed to indicate: A) The impossible had just happened and B) "We've been found out!"

The spokesman, on the other hand, wore a mask of anger. His eyes glittered brightly in the half-light.

"Cmon, mister," he said. "We won't hurt you. You have to LET US IN. We don't have a gun ..."

That last statement scared the living hell out of me, because at that point by his tone he was plainly saying, "We don't NEED a gun."

He noticed my hand shooting down toward the gear shift. The spokesman's final words contained an anger that was complete and whole, and yet contained in some respects a tone of panic:

"WE CAN'T COME IN UNLESS YOU TELL US IT'S OKAY. LET ... US .... IN!"

I ripped the car into reverse (thank goodness no one was coming up behind me) and tore out of the parking lot. I noticed the boys in my peripheral vision, and I stole a quick glance back.

They were gone. The sidewalk by the theater was deserted.

I drove home in a heightened state of panic. Had anyone attempted to stop me, I would have run on through and faced the consequences later.

I bolted into my house, scanning all around -- including the sky.

What did I see? Maybe nothing more than some kids looking for a ride.

And some really funky contacts. Yeah, right.

A friend suggested they were vampires, what with the old "let us in" bit and my compelled response to open the door. That and the "we'll go see our mother" thing.

What do you think?

Well I have seen the film, "lost boys" and a vampire cant come into your home unless you actually invite it... so thats creeped me out actually :shock:

Who would write out a check for $1.50. Movie theatres do not except checks, especialy dollar joints. :?:

a vampire cant come into your home unless you actually invite it

Does anyone happen to know for certain whether this is part of the original (pre-Stoker) folklore relating to Vampires? From the little I've read, I'm pretty sure it isn't - although it's certainly an effective dramatic convention within Vampire fiction.

In which case, we have to ask why the Black Eyed Kids appear to be obeying laws that were created for fictional characters. Again, I'd plump for the Tulpa theory.

"In which case, we have to ask why the Black Eyed Kids appear to be obeying laws that were created for fictional characters."

No, they're obeying laws for blackmailing adults in a world that that looks suspiciously at potential child abusers. If you would have to explain to the police that the reason why the kids are in your car is that you invited them in then you are in a world of trouble.

As I mentioned some time ago, the way these kids apparoach looks like a classic hustle.

I personally believe him. I don't know, it just doesn't sound like a work of fiction to me. The whole muppets experience he had sounds very creepy! Has anyone seen the Angel episode, "Smile Time"? It's about evil muppets who try to get children to come to the tv, and then they suck energy out of them when they touch the screen. Wonder if the writer of that episode was inspired by his dream?!

wembley8 said:
As I mentioned some time ago, the way these kids apparoach looks like a classic hustle.
I can go along with that. They'd certainly be capable at that age. If we give this guy the benefit of the doubt and he's not making it all up, then he's just incredibly stupid if he thinks kids that age are normally as infantile as he suggests. Nothing about the behaviour of these children surprises me. I'm still inclined to think the guy's just full of it though.

Maybe I am just not understanding here
My daughter (who is mixed race) has eyes which are black. Under most lighting conditions you cannot distinguish between the pupil and the iris, they are both the same colour. The light has to be very good for you to be able to see the pupil and realise that the iris is dark brown rather than totally black and you have to be very close up to see this.

Occasionally people have remarked that here eyes are attractive but no one has ever said anything about it looking strange/fortean/ whatever. It doesn't look like this, it just looks normal for a mixed race person.

Are they saying there is no white in their eyes? Because the report doesn't explain this very clearly. At least one report of a black eyed kid on this thread does seem to be saying that just the irises were black. Maybe this is just how their eyes were. The journalist is describing both the kid as being olive skinned and the light as being dark/night and not really making it clear what he means by black eyed.

For the first time, I noticed their eyes.

They were coal black. No pupil. No iris. Just two staring orbs reflecting the red and white light of the marquee.

I took this to mean that there was no white sclera either, that the orbs in the ocular cavity were solid black, like a rat's would appear at a casual glance, or a shark's.

An effect easily acheived by contact lenses. Do we know when this story is supposed to have taken place? I know that at least 8 years ago you could easily enough obtain contacts that made your eyes entirely black, because a friend of mine wore them on a regular basis.

When I was about 12 I had a newspaper route. The old guy who delivered the bundles of papers curbside had some sort of condition that resulted in his eyes being all iris- absolutely dark brown or black, no white whatsoever. Nice old guy but the effect was completely freaky. If the light hit his face at a certain angle you could discern the pupil but generally it was like looking at two shiny black holes. This was in the mid 1970's so I don't think he was wearing any sort of special contact lenses.

Seems like a fun story. Lets play a bit. Imagine the BEKs are real. What is their purpose? Does everybody escape? Has there been any cases where a person has been seen to offer kids a lift and then disapears/found dead etc. Surely if these mythic creatures exist, and have a dark purpose, there would also be legends about what they have done?

Back