• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Black-Eyed Kids

Very interesting but no offence to Southern US posters but listening to these two I can only visualise one portly lad and one scrawny buck toothed lad, both wearing trucker caps, plaid shirts and dungarees, the scrawny one chewing a hay.

I'm guessing the whole black eyes thing is going to be universally uncanny and probably explains why the stories have endured (and the eyes feature in the typical grey image). The eyes are the window to the soul, after all, and if those windows are blank the person encountering them is at a major disadvantage in reading the situation. I think the instinct has got to be 'I don't know how to judge this encounter, get out of it quick.'

David Weatherly is about to release a book entitled "The Black Eyed Children" which contains many first hand accounts of encounters with BEKs.

Sign of the Times site has an interview with him about the book.

jimv1 said:
Has anyone proposed we do some experiments on David Mitchell yet?
He's got spooky eyes.

You know what, I always thought that his eyes were strange. But in a good way. They are definitively 'black'. Which makes him look like a little rodent or something.

jimv1 said:
Has anyone proposed we do some experiments on David Mitchell yet?
He's got spooky eyes.

What about Jimmy Carr?
He's got awful shark eyes.

I normally keep a keen eye open for unusual reports in the media but I've
not encountered this "trend" before. It concerns sightings of so called "Black eyed children" that
were first seen in the late 90's. These children eyes appear entirely black with no Iris or pupil similar
in fact to reports of the alien "Greys" featureless eyes. These children appear to confront people mainly
at night in a menacing way using monotone voices.Sometimes they ask for water or a phone. For any of you
that like me have not come across this phenomena it's well worth a touch of web surfing I'd say.

The "Mysteries and Monsters of America" program in the States did an episode on the Badlands the other night and Brian Bethel's story was part of that episode.
This was something I had not heard of before.
And it really creeped me out no end!!!

Is the book about the Black Eyed Kids worth reading?
I think I'd like to read that - in the daylight.

~Allison

Black Eyed Child returns to haunt Cannock Chase

A leading paranormal investigator has scoured a Staffordshire beauty spot following chilling sightings of a spectre known locally as The Black Eyed Child.

Lee Brickley launched an in-depth investigation of Cannock Chase after reports that the ghoulish apparition has returned to the sprawling heathland.

The child was last spotted 30 years ago, sparking worldwide interest – and is today a cult internet sensation.

Latest descriptions of the girl, who has coal-black pits for eye sockets, are identical to those chronicled in the early 1980s.
etc

Cannock Chase is 40 miles from here. It may be time for a nice drive down there, have a look at the autumn views! :D

If you encounter any children, be sure to look very closely at the eyes.
Don't worry about getting arrested, go on... :lol:

escargot1 said:
Black Eyed Child returns to haunt Cannock Chase

A leading paranormal investigator has scoured a Staffordshire beauty spot following chilling sightings of a spectre known locally as The Black Eyed Child.

Lee Brickley launched an in-depth investigation of Cannock Chase after reports that the ghoulish apparition has returned to the sprawling heathland.

The child was last spotted 30 years ago, sparking worldwide interest – and is today a cult internet sensation.

Latest descriptions of the girl, who has coal-black pits for eye sockets, are identical to those chronicled in the early 1980s.
etc

Cannock Chase is 40 miles from here. It may be time for a nice drive down there, have a look at the autumn views! :D

Remember to have your camera ready. We want photos!

I want to have a mooch around Cannock Chase, too. :-D

For those who asked - yes, IMO David Weatherly's book on the BEKs and his next one, "Strange Intruders" are a damn fine read. The BEK one scared me half to death; I was reading alone at night in a high-rise flat with an elecronic security system and still felt the need to check all the locks.

Just as a point of interest - and I had no idea of this until after reading the book - BEKs are said to be able to interfere with electrical equipment. Now, I KNOW these are coincidences, yeah? BUT literally every time - except this one, so far - I have attempted to listen to a radio show featuring BEKs or am reading an item/book/internet forum/whatever/ an electrical glitsch has happened AT THAT TIME. There have been light bulbs blowing, a ring at the door (neighbour locked out but I almost sh*t myself), the TV switching itself on and - the best one yet - a power cut of the ENTIRE street! I'm writing to DW about this as I know he'll be interested. I'm rather amused but what if I'm being disrespectful???

Ha ha! I just got a slow, firm knock on the front door. It was the postman. His tablet where you sign for a delivery went funny. :p

The only answer is to research these cases in the dead of night with all the lights turned off, maybe with use of candlelight. That'll show them.

I am currently reading "Anger Is An Energy" by John Lydon. He writes of having hallucinations while in hospital with meningitis as a kid and how his brain could tell him what was and was not real. He says that one of them still appears to him sometimes today, but that he can get rid of it by staring directly at it, no matter how much it unnerves him. He describes the figure as a priest who is tall and thin and taller than the dimension that he is in. Also, he describes him as having black hair and black eyes and from it he felt malovence. This would have been towards then end of the sixties and for me has elements of black eyes kids and slenderman.

Today I was shocked when I came across something that may be an answer to this condition.

I was watching a youtube channel called 'seriously strange', and they showed a photo of a girl called Omayra Sanchez, who spent three days with her legs trapped below water level when a volcano erupted. Over three days she could not be moved and her health deteriorated before she died.

In her last day her eyes reddened (amongst other symptoms) and if you look at the last photo taken of her (on her Wikipedia page) then you can see it looks like BEK condition.

So maybe these sightings are real it's just a kid with health problems.

Well observed! Her eyes DO look like a BEK's eyes.

Today I was shocked when I came across something that may be an answer to this condition.

I was watching a youtube channel called 'seriously strange', and they showed a photo of a girl called Omayra Sanchez, who spent three days with her legs trapped below water level when a volcano erupted. Over three days she could not be moved and her health deteriorated before she died.

In her last day her eyes reddened (amongst other symptoms) and if you look at the last photo taken of her (on her Wikipedia page) then you can see it looks like BEK condition.

So maybe these sightings are real it's just a kid with health problems.

I was also shocked by this as I seem to have no recollection whatsoever of this case. I had to Google/Wiki the poor kid's name as today is the first time I heard about this.

My takeaway - what exactly is so human about leaving poor kid to die slowly in 3 days agony? I just don't get it...

Reading about her made me feel really sad. I understand that they didn't have the right equipment to amputate her legs but surely an overdose of morphine or anything would have been more humane than letting her die alone and scared buried waist deep. There were reports of her screaming in the night. Poor kid. This really upset me.

Christ almighty, I've got no idea what they were thinking or even why we are posting this on here.

Was it necessary though? She's obviously not some ghost/entity/urban legend just a girl dying - surrounded by people who should have done better.

On the wall of a swim school in Australia... Imagine trying to learn to swim and seeing this looking at you.

8JN1yuq.jpg

Back