• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Black Stick Man

You said "great thread", did you read it?
These were just being discussed right before you posted.

Dingo667 said:

Sorry, yes. I must have gotten as far as when the link was posted. Then discovered the link with the videos posted somewhere else. My bad!

Dandelo_ said:
Great thread.

It seems the 'stick men' are getting more recognised now. Here are two videos with supposed sightings.

http://forgetomori.com/2009/skepticism/attack-of-the-stick-figure-aliens/

The descriptions of possible explanations for these two videos is really good on this site, esp the 'fresno' cctv footage. They suggest it is a cat walking with its tail up. Watching it again and imagining it is a cat walking straight towards the camera (which is hig above street level), the motion does seem to be in the bottom third of the whole 'body' and could be iterpreted as a skinny cat or other tailed mammal walking across the car park.

Excellent, thanks for the link.

Dandelo_ said:
Dingo667 said:

Sorry, yes. I must have gotten as far as when the link was posted. Then discovered the link with the videos posted somewhere else. My bad!

Ok, I grovel, this link is better... :|

I was of the impression that the term "Stick Indian" referred to sasquatch. Some Native American tribes supposedly consider sasquatches to be human, specifically another Native American tribe. They have a habit of creating piles of stones or sticks for some reason, perhaps as markers. Also, sasquatch are sometimes reported to leave wood for humans for their fires.

On the other hand, since these Stick Indians reportedly dress in bear skins complete with the bear's head still attached, perhaps this fur covering merely gives them a sasquatch like appearance.

Re: Stick Indian Site

Pshaw13 said:
I just found this wonderful site about Stick Indians!
http://www.bfro.net/legends/penutian.htm

One of the reports on this page indicates that the Stick Indians have the intriguing ability to sound quieter as they are approaching a human (very confusing!) This parallels the reports of the Berbalang (Aswang) of the Phillipines. The Berbalang take on the appearance of red fireflies while in their astral form during their hunts for human prey. As they approach a human, their sound becomes more faint.

I think the following story belongs here: http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/028/S28680.html

Relevant section:
My sister looked up and saw what she describes as "frozen things." Figures or creatures or something in two seperate rows. She says maybe fifteen in each row, and 30 in all. She said they were approximately three feet to four feet tall. And! she said they were about fifteen feet away from them, directly in front of the car. She describes them as having a Christmas light head, and that the heads were connected to the body but she couldn't see how. She says their arms were up, but she couldn't see hands. She says they were stick like. Stick people she says, dark grey or brown in color. They didn't move. Not at all she says. She says they were just frozen in these two seperate rows.

Ive never in my life heard of things resembeling this, although a few days ago I believe there was a little section in a paranormal article about them on a site where users could submit articles.

Bannik said:
I think the following story belongs here:

I started reading this and was struck by the similarities I'd read in another "Stick Man" story. Young girls, a fire, early hours of the morning, rows of figures. I thought it had been lost on Obi Wan's page but then I realised...it's posted on page 1 though in shorter form...and no link.

Cheers !

An elderly relation of mine still sticks to a story of her encounter with a small creature/person/thing.

One night she heard a noise on the landing as she was laying in bed reading. She began to notice a tip tap type sound getting closer to the bedroom. She thought it was a cat or rat and so being a very brave women - she prepared herself to surprise this visitor. The tip tap noise had stopped by now and all was silent again. Laying on her side, facing away from the direction of the door she suddenly felt something small on the bed. She turned with book in hend ready to hit what ever it was and saw it rush for the door.
Before i continue can i tell all readers that this tale told to me as never changed over time. As a child she told me the same story she would now if i asked her. I personally believe that she did she what i now go on to describe.

The thing rushing to the door was in fact running on two thin small legs. Its body was bloated but limbs and neck where long and thing. She describes the hands as looking too large for the arms with long floppy fingers. It appeared naked to her - as it wore no clothing. Its skin looked milky pale. It looked in a state of panic as it ran straight at the door and passed through it. This visitor was no taller than a milk bottle. She never saw it again but it spooked her for a while.

These days in the modern era of little green men coming from outerspace she sometimes points out a picture in a magazine of newspaper of what is supposed to be the grey type being associated with abductions.

She scoffs at these images saying it lookes similar to her experience. The arms and legs look familiar but the main body is too thin compared to what she saw.

great thread (just read)

my take on it

is it possible that what people have seen is so strange that there conciousness couldnt comprehend what was there.so having to provide some mental image of the object simply painted in whatever it could.usually when people are suprised they have the fight or flight reflex but before your brain decides what ,it has to comprehend the threat.is it alive etc...

i mean if you have never seen anything like it ever how would your brain make sense of it.

Odd how these things always happen while people are in bed and they swear they weren't dreaming. :roll:

Sometimes though, we can't tell the difference.

Ronson8 said:
Odd how these things always happen while people are in bed and they swear they weren't dreaming. :roll:

I agree that the chances that people are dreaming and don't know it are very, very high.

On the other hand, perhaps that sort of relaxed state is the only state in which we can get a glimpse of things in this world that, in a more wakeful state, we ignore.

reading back through the thread lots of this happened nowhere near a bed :)

filch said:
*bump*

Re-reading this thread again reminding me of this video (I'm sure most have seen).

And this also came up

Looks like someone walking in a cloak in a good wind. You can see the fabric billow at the hem across the entire figure.

SHAYBARSABE said:
filch said:
*bump*

Re-reading this thread again reminding me of this video (I'm sure most have seen).

And this also came up

Looks like someone walking in a cloak in a good wind. You can see the fabric billow at the hem across the entire figure.
Yup I thought the same, although the gait seems a tad odd - either a quite small figure walking quickly or sped up.

Ronson8 said:

Well family Guy....what a total **** you are :D

Warning people! this Guy rubbishes your honesty here. This Guy even questions your intelligence with sly replies - a school bully who never grew up :)

But above all of this my friend.

I wish you a Merry Christmas x

x x x

What a great thread! :D

I've just read it all in one go (slow day at work) and now I'm trying to figure out what (I think) they are.... ;)

Altho, I did think maybe there is a reason why we doodle stickmen, and draw them as kids. Maybe they are always with us, and only can be seen under special circumstances?! :?

cherrybomb said:
What a great thread! :D

I've just read it all in one go (slow day at work) and now I'm trying to figure out what (I think) they are.... ;)

Altho, I did think maybe there is a reason why we doodle stickmen, and draw them as kids. Maybe they are always with us, and only can be seen under special circumstances?! :?

I thought your comment that quite interesting, certainly it's a very early memory for me as being one of the first things I drew, stick figures. My father read "Saint" books and I'm wondering if the stick figure on the spine of that influenced me more than a supernatural being just out of eye line.

I also think children improve at drawing, I did. Do we no longer see them as we grow or do we witnesses them and like many other reported Fortean events find a sudden surge in our creative and artistic ability?

Fresno Stick Alien Thread

Return of the Fresno Stick Alien Thread

Interesting point about The Saint figure, it was used on some pretty spooky anthologies in the fifties and sixties iirrc. Not sure of its date as an icon.

Wikipedia has an informative page on Simon Templar Here

I had forgotten quite how camp that icon was!

Also a good point about kids' drawings. Those who do not develop as artists often ask if it is OK to use stick-men when they are asked to do story-boards etc. well into teenage years. :)

Edit: anothologies?
Edit2: 2 minor literals

Well family Guy....what a total **** you are

Warning people! this Guy rubbishes your honesty here. This Guy even questions your intelligence with sly replies - a school bully who never grew up
Ronson despite his slightly sarcastic tone hasn't trashed anyone's honesty or intelligence. He's just serving the role of skeptic, which is allowed and indeed necessary. Doesn't mean he's right or that most will agree with him.

As I overheard a person telling their child to obey the stick man on a sign at the train station I thought about how much power that neckless man has. He says where you can drive, where you can walk, what bathroom you can go in. If you don't obey him you could go to jail or die. He's quite the authority figure that stickman.

Now they said his works of art were dull
No room all round the walls are full
But Lowry didn't care much anyway
They said he just paints cats and dogs
And matchstalk men in boots and clogs
And Lowry said that's just the way they'll stay

Back