• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Black Streams

butterfly27

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Can anyone point me towards any information on "black streams" which I believe are alleged underground currents of negative energy, similar but diametrically opposed to ley lines.

Thanks.

Another interesting site here

Earth energies and ley lines also have a more sinister side. When a ley line passes through decaying matter, likea burial-ground, dirty river or canal, the energy changes to a “black stream”.This causes severe ill-health, from M.E. and M.S. to cancer in anyone in that area, especially if the earth energies are concentrated in their beds. Apart from this, underground streams, geological fissures and fault lines, coal mines, quarries, electric power stations and sub-stations, microwave towers, repeater television aerials, nuclear submarines and missile sites, etc., all alter the natural energies around them, adding to the massive geopathic stress which our modern world now suffers.

Jane.

Are these the things that some dowsers claim to be able to divert or neutralise by hammering big copper rods into the ground? If they are I think something similar happened either on the farm I was born on or one of the surrounding ones.

Sorry to be vague - I'll interrogate my Dad.

About http://www.fengshuitips.co.uk/geopathic_stress.htm...

The site describes how the effects of black streams on humans and vegetation can be negative, but then proceeds to say:
Cats, owls, snakes, slugs and snails are attracted to black streams, and a cat’s favourite sleeping place (in the absence of an obvious source of warmth) is very often a sure clue to the location of a black stream crossing. Insects, parasites, bacteria and viruses also thrive on black streams, and ant and wasps nests invariably provide a similar clue.
I don't quite understand why these animals aren't affected. Obviously, though, the author is not a cat lover, seeing as he pretty much classes them as parasites. ;)

Spook said:
Are these the things that some dowsers claim to be able to divert or neutralise by hammering big copper rods into the ground? If they are I think something similar happened either on the farm I was born on or one of the surrounding ones.

Sorry to be vague - I'll interrogate my Dad.

i belive that Korea when suffering under Japans rule in WW2 was attacked (while they ocupied) by hammering copper rods into points in the landscape, i also heard that they have a government department that still hunts down the rods and removes them.

Thanks for the info everyone. The reason that I asked is that I'd heard vague rumours about black streams in the past and noted the following about the environment in which I live. I have had surgery for breast cancer and so has the woman who lives across the road, a year before me. She is now dying of bone cancer. She had only lived there a matter of months before her cancer surgery. The couple who lived in the house before she did, were quite old so it may be irrelevant how they died, but the woman died of cancer and her husband dropped dead on the way back from the paper shop. My next door neighbour has had a heart bypass op. So has the man who lives directly behind me and he's early fifties. If we look at the occupants of the house behind the one opposite me, we find that the woman was recently admitted to hospital for a severe chest infection and just died. She was mid-fifties. She had previously been in good health. Going along my street from the woman who has bone cancer, we find that the house two doors along used to house three years ago, a man in his early thirties who threw himself in front of a moving train months after he moved in. Two doors from him and we find a house where the mother has recently died after being in completely good health and admitted to hospital for a severe stomach infection. She was 50.
I'd be the first to admit that all of this might be pure coincidence.
After all, a lot of people do die in their forties and fifties. Its not uncommon.
However after reading the paragraph in Carole's link which Sally has highlighted, I'm all the more inclined to think of a black stream. All the neighbourhood cats come to my garden to sleep, and all the gardens in the area I've mentioned are infested with a phenomenal number of slugs. But maybe that's normal as well. I'm not very well up on the habits of the slug species.
It sounds to me as though two black streams may be intersecting in my street.
I studied feng shui a couple of years ago (much to the chagrin of my family) and have wind chimes and mirrors in more places than you'd imagine! There's not much likelihood of my moving house so I'll just have to put some more feng shui tips into practice.
Wish me luck!

Good luck Susan - I hope everything turns out well for you.

I too have had cancer (in remission now - no, sod that, cured!), as have several other people nearby. To be honest, I've never thought to blame it on "black streams", although the local council did recently do a survey for radon levels :( - I've no idea whether that is relevant.

As far as feng shui is concerned, hey go for it! My cancer was cured after chemotherapy (very nasty); surgery (ditto) and my neighbour placing windchimes, wooden animals and crystals in strategic places. One of these therapies worked.

Jane.

'Black streams' are discussed at some length in the book 'Needles of Stone - revisited', by Tom Graves (Gothic Image Publications, ISBN 0- 906362-07-5).
There are apparently, people currently involved in the 'healing of the land', attempting to balance the 'energy matrix'...

I would suspect that poor health in an area is more likely due to a measurable environmental factor; pollution or whatever, than black streams.

Breakfast said:
I would suspect that poor health in an area is more likely due to a measurable environmental factor; pollution or whatever, than black streams.
Well we certainly have our fair share of that in this area. There are two "dark brown streams" - the Tyne and the Don. The Don absolutely reaks of sewage. Closer to home, there's a factory unit at the top of the street which belches out red dust and which has been the object of a petition to local government. At the bottom of the street there's an electricity sub-station and just beyond that is the B189 which has a constant stream of heavy traffic and the resultant exhaust fumes. :( :(
There are also at least three disused coal mines in the town and the adjacent town of Jarrow was the site 150 years ago of extensive alkali workings. There's also a glue factory and a chemical works - all in a 6 mile radius! :( :eek!!!!:
EDIT - I forgot the oil refinery and the disused coke works! - EDIT

I came across this yesterday quite by accident when researching something else. It comes from "The World Atlas of Mysteries" by Francis Hitching. (pp 97 - 98)[1978 William Collins Sons & Co Ltd]

Beyond this, the extreme sensitivity of good dowsers has led them into areas where proof is much more difficult to come by than in water-finding. Map-dowsing is not the only thing that outsiders find incredible; there is also their belief that invisible emanations from underground water can have harmful or helpful effects on human health. Dowsing literature contains a great deal about "black streams" that can trigger off arthritis and cancer, whose effects dowsers try to neutralise in various ways. A family doctor in Arlington, Vermont, Dr Herbert Douglas, was at first extremely sceptical about the supposed connection. However, having had it proved to him in 1965 that he was a capable dowser, "I walked around the beds, chairs and couches of arthritic people to see if dowsing reactions of underground flowing veins were really present. To my astonishment I found they were. At first I felt it to be coincidental. It was too crazy to believe. But I repeated the tests around these beds in 55 consecutive cases. Each time without a single exception, there were intersections of dowsing reaction lines, presumably caused by underground veins of water and generally underneath that part of the bed where the person usually lay. Over a period of time 25 of these people agreed to move to a different bed or place to sleep, one free of underground irritation points. Strangely enough, all 25 improved substantially or were completely free of pain."

Subsequent research with 16 cancer patients has led him to believe that this disease, too, is connected with a certain kind of underground water. He admits that there is "no scientific explanation for the relationship between arthritis and underground forces", but points to related work by Swiss, German and Austrian scientists on "illness caused by soil influences". His findings might be no more than a curiosity. But just about every first-class dowser in the world supports what he has to say, and can sense instinctively the same subtle forces. As additional evidence that the mysterious quality of primary water has had a crucial effect on the evolution of human life, they point to the way that ancient sacred sites were always placed above a significant underground water pattern.

Back