Blade Runner

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Yeah, we are lagging a long way behind Blade Runner on most tech, but we are making good progress on the whole pollution issue.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Yeah, we are lagging a long way behind Blade Runner on most tech, but we are making good progress on the whole pollution issue.
Yep. We need to build huge towers in every city, for the express purpose of shooting flames into the sky. It's a must.

Lb8535

Abominable Snowman
I was at a conference in downtown LA in the 90's and realized that I had been walking for two days from the hotel to the conference to the occasional restaurant all on walkways above the street. The streets, if you leaned over and looked, were occupied by the folks who took the LA public transit and walked. Reminded me immediately of Blade Runner where the privileged never have to touch the ground.

Vardoger

How Much Is The Fish?
Blade Runner, the game is now available from GOG.com, if you want to experience the Blade Runner universe. Originally released in 1997 it was a hog on the computer's resources. Should no longer be a problem.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Blade Runner, the game is now available from GOG.com, if you want to experience the Blade Runner universe. Originally released in 1997 it was a hog on the computer's resources. Should no longer be a problem.
I saw this and was in two minds to as to whether to buy it. I played it back in the day at my old housemate's place and it's good, but I have three other games that I bought and never got around to playing through.

If anybody needs a preview, this chap did a partial play-through a while back (probably NSFW language):

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
For 1997, it looks perfectly respectable.
I bought it when it first came out and thought it looked fantastic. Mind I never made any headway with it, I’m not good at that sort of game :(

Vardoger

How Much Is The Fish?
Bought it to have something to get time going in the period between christmas eve and new years eve. I got it on CD Rom but it will be a problem to let it run on a portable which is without a CD Rom player. I'll take with me the original user manual though.