• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049

no time for renner, good call on shannon, he was aces in midnight special ...

New Promo Posters

SWZfYfN.jpg

kKFjnJu.jpg

classy although that giant head is giving me the prometheus fear

Here's the latest trailer (with the previous teaser afterward) .. the official trailer is out in two days according to this link ..

I'm getting moist .. the newest trailer. I hope the film will be as good as the trailers because that's just given me synthetic goosebumps .. :cool:

I'm not a fan of that giant head stuff either ... I'd prefer it to stay in LA but ? .. I'll wait and see.

RSECU ... referring to the rumours blade runner will intersect with the alien-prometheus series by some elaborate corporate conglom of weyland and tyrell, or some similar jumping-the-shark legerdemain ...

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies
... Percy Bysshe Shelley

And Percy Shelley wrote a verse play Prometheus Unbound, and Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus featuring one of the first artificial humans in literature. Is there some sort of connection?

I suppose they ran out of Conrad references...

The giant head reminds me more of Fantastic Planet than anything else, although the Shelley reference may be more what they were aiming for.

Also, the wasteland outside Los Angeles is a feature of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

but i appear to have done a mashup of i, robot with i am legend ... both will smith blockbusters

blame the "ironic" anti-rave i was at last night

(now that fortean princess is a teenager i can head out for a few beers once in a while and am re-establishing my perfect barfly posture)

Think I noticed David Bautista as one of the stored replicants. Looked a lot like his character in GoftheG.

I think I saw a Nexus 6 stamp on his cell .. and a bit more ..

Vangelis's soundtrack really made that film. It was bleak, sterile, harsh and futuristic. Atmospheric.

I see that Edward James Olmos is back as the Gaff character. He seemed to know about Rachael being a replicant.
It'd be interesting to see that character's interaction with Deckard in the new film.

I know, I'm full of guff.

Back