• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049

was that an engineer from prometheus ?
I haven't been able to find a prometheus linked actor called an engineer to connect to Blade Runner 2049 through imdb.com ..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/?ref_=nv_sr_6

edit: although on a side note and on a closer inspection level, the actor who played Captain Bryant's bitch (I've only just discovered he was called Gaff, the creepy bloke who took Deckard away from his noodles and made that Origami bird), the actor Edward James Olmos is listed as returning as Gaff in Blade Runner 2049 ..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001579/?ref_=tt_cl_t8

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find a prometheus linked actor called an engineer to connect to Blade Runner 2049 through imdb.
an engineer as in, one of the super race that seeded life on earth (or somesuch rot scott kept banging on about) ... theres a shot of a musclebound pale body in suspension quite early in that video, when jared leto is boybanding about replicants being the future ...

i for one am glad gaff/olmos is back, hes central to the whole piece, great character and actor, apparently invented the fictional cityspeak multipart language, as he was the only actor who had to deliver it

lord save us, hes jumped the shark

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...rometheus-engineer-blade-runner-2049-trailer/

images.jpg

Why not go the whole hog and reveal that Deckard is Ripley's cousin and they are both descendants of Maximus Decimus Meridius.

New Blade Runner 2049 stuff .. with probable spoilers .. absolutely fresh footage, worth watching and makes me excited about the quality of this attempt ..

Last edited:
im dialling out of this thread (and movie) ... on spoiler grounds ... that the sequent will spoil the original !

Dave Bautista's agent has really been earning his salary recently...

Join the Off World Colonies .. a golden chance to start again in a land of opportunity and adventure ..

Apparently there is an animated short (Blade Runner: Black Out 2022) for the film done by the director of Cowboy Bebop. This is a tease for that short if it works

I'm going to see Blade Runner: The Final Cut tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing it on the big screen again. TBH though I'd love to see the original version with the voiceover.

I'm going to see Blade Runner: The Final Cut tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing it on the big screen again. TBH though I'd love to see the original version with the voiceover.

The original version is available on Sky Movies just now.

My local cinema isn't showing it, but I have it on Blu-Ray.

The voiceover cut's my favourite cut and the first one I saw on TV (I think in the late 80's from fuzzy memory), someone here can probably better explain the reason why Ridley and Harrison weren't so keen on it, I'm wondering if they thought it was too old fashioned ?, that early 80's cinema audiences would be turned off by it or confused with the futuristic setting juxtaposition somehow but it accentuates the film noir visual vibe that the film is famous for: we've essentially got a world weary city cop, he slugs his scotch, wears his trench coat, everything else is visually 1940's (Rachel the replicant's hair, make up and clothes are 1940's 'dame'), even the stark lighting in office scenes are reminiscent of film noir .... so it made perfect sense to me to be hearing this grizzled cop Dekard talking to us as we watched his adventures .. if fact, I'd love to find out that our new blade runner cop in 2049 also has a voiceover cut but sadly I doubt it ..

The one about the "Blackout" or EMP event is going to be directed by the guy who did Cowboy Bebop. And will be an anime, as you might expect.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/15/16311478/short-blade-short-runner-anime-set-2022

Apparently there is an animated short (Blade Runner: Black Out 2022) for the film done by the director of Cowboy Bebop. This is a tease for that short if it works
It's like there's an echo in here, or something.

Thanks for the link, though. Hadn't gotten round to looking for it.

Ton's of scenes from the new film so obviously spoiler heavy .. I'm really enjoying watching the actor who looks like the new Leon ..

I've booked tickets for next Saturday to watch it with a mate. 2D version rather than 3D.
First time in about a year that I've been to the cinema.

Back