• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049

Apparently the director's cut was two hours long, and the studio demanded he make it closer to three so it would seem more epic and important.
noooooooooooooooooooooooo

My wife fell asleep in it and I can't really blame her.

That explains a great deal. Hell, even Tarantino has finally twigged that you should only make three hour movies if there's enough story to fill them properly. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was refreshingly brilliant for that very reason.

I happen to come across on TV the movie Blade Runner 2049.

To say it was terrible is being nice.

The three hour movie seemed to take a week to watch.

A recreation of the main theme on a small synth (pretty amazing, I think):

Born on this day in 1929: James Hong from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Pleased to say I recognised him in an instant

FMKxOvUX0AAj2aB.png

SmartSelect_20220222-215343_Samsung Internet.jpg

Still with us today with a very, very long list of TV and film credits: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hong

Happy Birthday.

I bought this Rick Deckard replica watch yesterday without noticing it's a 3D download instead and I don't own a 3D printer .. oh well .. maybe Mytho can help me out there ..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/128...qpAE5aDU&eaid=1075860882066&x_eaid=d32fb1ffe7

I'm probably going to buy this cool honey mustard Rick Deckard trench coat for the winter though in case it starts raining and I need to retire some replicants ..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honey-Leather-Deckard-Harrison-Costume/dp/B07HM9WGHC?th=1

I bought this Rick Deckard replica watch yesterday without noticing it's a 3D download instead and I don't own a 3D printer .. oh well .. maybe Mytho can help me out there ..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/128...qpAE5aDU&eaid=1075860882066&x_eaid=d32fb1ffe7

I'm probably going to buy this cool honey mustard Rick Deckard trench coat for the winter though in case it starts raining and I need to retire some replicants ..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honey-Leather-Deckard-Harrison-Costume/dp/B07HM9WGHC?th=1
My 3D printer has been out of action for a while, sorry. I will get around to fixing it sometime...
There are places who can do it for you - just send the file to them and get the item posted to you. I can't recommend any, never having used them.

Bad news for Belfast Blade Runner project.

The major TV series Blade Runner 2099 is will no longer be filmed in Northern Ireland, it has been confirmed.

The series, based on the iconic films, was due to be shot in Belfast.

Northern Ireland Screen's Chief Executive Richard Williams said his organisation was "extremely disappointed" at the change. Mr Williams said it left "a gap in Northern Ireland's production schedule" as many local crews and companies have been relying on the project for work.

To date, just over £1.5m has been spent on preparations to bring the production to Belfast, but BBC News NI understands this money is in the process of being recouped.

Blade Runner and its sequel, Blade Runner 2049, were both critically acclaimed and hugely influential films.

The TV series Blade Runner 2099 had been commissioned by the streaming giant Amazon. Ridley Scott, who directed the original 1982 Blade Runner film, was listed as the programme's executive producer.

NI Screen announced last year that the series would be filmed on location in Belfast and the project was to be based in Belfast Harbour Studios. But that has changed and it is unclear exactly why.

in a statement on Thursday, NI Screen's chief executive expressed disappointment that Northern Ireland would no longer host the production.

"We are conscious that these difficult decisions do happen in the screen industry, particularly with the most expensive projects which carry the greatest expectations," Mr Williams said. "This obviously leaves a gap in Northern Ireland's production schedule and Northern Ireland Screen will do everything it can to plug that gap as quickly as possible, mindful that many freelance crew and supply chain companies were relying on this project for work."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-67012882

Either one just loves these movies or just hates them.

I am in the category of dislike for the slow pace and confusing.

For balance, I have really enjoyed all of the Blade Runner films…..I wished that they hadn’t dicked around with the original film quite so much though
I especially appreciated Blade Runner 2049 and the 3 prequels (Black Out, Nexus Dawn and Nowhere to Run) although I’m quite certain that my wife and 2 sons were bored rigid when we went to see 2049 at the cinema!
Amazon commissioning a Blade Runner TV series…..What could possibly go wrong there?

For balance, I have really enjoyed all of the Blade Runner films…..I wished that they hadn’t dicked around with the original film quite so much though
I especially appreciated Blade Runner 2049 and the 3 prequels (Black Out, Nexus Dawn and Nowhere to Run) although I’m quite certain that my wife and 2 sons were bored rigid when we went to see 2049 at the cinema!
Amazon commissioning a Blade Runner TV series…..What could possibly go wrong there?
I had no idea there’d been 3 prequels. Are they any good/worth seeing & do they add anything to the oeuvre?

I just re watched '48 and got into it more than the first viewing which matches my experience of watching the first one. I was a bit baffled at the time watching the original as well. I think the sequel's a solid entry.

Last edited:
Back