• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blade

I can't wait to see Parker Posey as a vampire!

:cool:

Shit, shit, shit

I used the name 'Nightstalker' in one of my science fiction stories...:(

Odd that this thread hasn't got much traffic - I really enjoyed the first two but couldn't bring myself to watch the third. I will do when they release a three DVD boxset but..

With that in mind I stumbled across this which makes interesting reading about the troubles with the third film:

http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/feature.php?feature=1451

Ravenstone said:
There is a three disc box set, Emps. My Dad has it.

So there is:

DVD Features:

• Special Feature Information:

° Blade Trailer
° Blade Deleted Scenes
° Cast And Crew Stills Text And Soundbites
° Blade Special Effects
° Designing Blade
° Blade Behind the Scenes

° Blade 2 Deleted And Alternate Scenes
° Behind The Scenes
° Blood Pact Branching Clips And Sequence
° Video Game Survival Guide
° Blade 2 Visual Effects
° Music Video
° Blade 2 Trailer

° Daywalkers Nightstalkers And Familiars Inside The World Of Blade Trinity
° Story Development The Urban Vampire
° The Familiar Leader David Goyer Directs
° Casting Fresh Blood
° Cast Training Nightstalker Boot Camp
° Set Design From Tombs To Towers
° Costume Design Dressed To Kill
° Cinematography UV Lighting
° Facts For The Uber Fan Beyond The Basics
° Designing The Blade Weaponry Silver Swords And Sundogs
° Stunts And Action Creating Mayhem
° Editing Sword Against Celluloid
° The Perfect Ash Visual Effects
° The Music The Beat Of The Blade
° Sound Design The Sounds Of Slaying
° Enhancing The Colors The Colour Of Blood
° The Future Of Blade Who Shall Die
° Goyer On Goyer The Writer Interviews The Director
° Alternate Ending
° Blooper Reel
° Galleries
° Trailers

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007 ... ntmagaz-21
Play.com

There is also an Ultimate Collectors Edition and the box cover looks like the one on Play (but not Amazon):

DVD Features:

* Includes:

* Blade
* Commentary by actor Wesley Snipes, actor Stephen Dorff, writer David S. Goyer, cinematographer Theo Van de Sande, production designer Kirk M. Petruccelli, and producer Peter Frankfurt
* Commentary by composer Mark Isham
* Featurettes: "La Magra", including the original ending; "Designing Blade"; "The Origins of Blade"; "The Blood Tide"; "House of Erebus", information about the different vampire houses
* Pencil sketches through production designs

* Blade 2 (2-disc set)
* Commentary by director Guillermo Del Toro and producer Peter Frankfurt
* Commentary by writer David Goyer and Wesley Snipes
* 5.1 isolated score
* Deleted/alternate scenes with director commentary
* A Pact in Blood: interactive collection of documentaries
* Director's Notebook: Interactive reproduction of director's notes with an introduction by Del Toro
* Art gallery
* Music video: Cypress Hill and Roni Size "Child of the Wild West"
* Blade 2 videogame survival guide
* DVD-ROM: Script to screen, hot spot

* Blade: Trinity (unrated 2-disc set)
* Widescreen version of the unrated film with 10 minutes of added footage
* Widescreen version of the R-rated film
* Two commentaries by writer-director David Goyer, Jessica Biel, Ryan Reynolds, producer, and crew
* 16-part behind-the-scenes documentary "Daywalkers, Nightstalkers & Familiars: Inside the World of Blade: Trinity"
* Alternate ending
* Blooper reel
* Goyer on Goyer: The writer interviews the director
* Galleries: VFX progression and weapons
* Theatrical trailer
* Exclusive limited edition Marvel comic book while supplies last
* Number of discs: 5

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007 ... ntmagaz-21
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007WF ... enantmc-20

Damn! I ain;t seen Blade Trinity yet. First I like a little more since it has the origin story of how he became Blade and a nice batte with swords at the end. ;)

Trinity is the worst in the series. I thought Ryan Reynolds was excellent in it, really funny, but the whole thing feels a bit off. Whenever Reynolds cracks a joke, Blade just looks at him and there's this uncomfortable silence. It's difficult to describe but it looks like Snipes isn't just acting, he genuinely looks pissed off. From what I heard he wasn't happy about the humour, especially since a lot of it was made at Blades expense. Blade doesn't really have any decent one-liners.

Way Wisler came back in the second one as a Vampire when they killed him.

The first Blade film was like a breath of fresh air. The sequels were just predictable cash-in sequels; same as with The Matrix or Men in Black. And the dialogue in the follow up films is simply appalling. "We're somewhere deep in their underground lair," growls Kris Kristofferson at one point during Blade 2. "See Spot. See Spot Run," he may well have added.

I actually quite enjoyed Blade Trinity, but only in the same way that I enjoyed Elecktra or Resident Evil Apocalypse. It's a fun rental, but not something you'd actually want to own.

I always found the Blade films hollow exercises in shallow flashiness. Snipes, who I like, needed better scripts, but I've never really thought vampires were as cool as the film makers seemed to. I'll never be a good Goth!

The only bit in Blade Trinity that made me laugh is the unusual insult Ryan Reynolds aims at Parker Posey.

Blade the TV Series!!

BLADE THE SERIES UPDATE

David Goyer, executive producer and co-writer of the Blade televison movie for Spike TV, told The Continuum there's a week left of shooting in Vancouver, British Columbia.

"It's going very well," Goyer said of the film, which is serving as a pilot for a Blade series.

Kirk "Sticky" Jones, former front man of Onyx, takes over from Wesley Snipes as Blade.

"Sticky is awesome as Blade," Goyer said. "Very charismatic. Different than Wes, but cool."

Goyer wrote all three Blade films and directed Blade: Trinity. He wrote the TV movie with former JSA comics partner Geoff Johns.

Goyer confirmed that the story is set in Detroit; he Johns are both originally from Southeastern Michigan.

"Although locals will not recognize any landmarks," he said.

Blade won't be on the air until June, but Spike TV is already promoting the show -- both as part of its 2006 lineup and in a spot on its own.

Click on the thumbnails for larger images, and look for more on Blade soon here in The Continuum.

www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0512/12/

I'm afraid i found the first blade film to be vacuous, anoyingly vapid even.

I walked in while mates were watching (i think) the third one - and i quickly noted nothing had changed.

theyithian said:
I'm afraid i found the first blade film to be vacuous, anoyingly vapid even.
Best you don't watch Underworld then. :)

Starts next Monday night on Bravo:

22:00 Blade
Brand new and exclusive drama series starring Kirk 'Sticky' Jones as a half-man, half-vampire who uses his superhuman abilities to battle the creatures of the night. In this feature-length first episode, Blade and his accomplice investigate vampire activity in Detroit, and a young woman searches for her brother's killer.

I watched what must have been the repeat tonight.

Interesting stuff - the wire work an CGI was all fine but I wasn't 100% with the new Blade. Wesley Snipes (for all his faults) moved well and it might be the acto or it might be the direction but the action feels distinctly choppy (usually when that happens it is either poor action direction or the actors can't do the moves and they cut in the stuntmen). I haven't seen any mention of Sticky Fingaz having the kind of martial arts background Snipes has which probably explains things.

I suppose it'll be the story which carries it and allows us to suspend our disbelief when other things get rocky. It seems OK but nothing too special at the moment.

Saw the second one tonight and it was all rather poor - lumpen and ungainly (both the story and action). If it keeps that kind of thing up I'm not going to bother watching it much longer.

Back