• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blairgowrie UFO & Men In Black (April, 1984)

A

Anonymous

I have tried a search on this, but not much luck. A while back I read Ron Holliday's book on Scottish UFO phenomena, called "McX". In it he describes an interesting case of a UFO visitation in Blairgowrie in the mid-1980s, complete with very sinister sightings of several MIBs. But I haven't come across this anywhere else, does anyone out there have any info on it?

IN A MONOTONE VOICE

there was no incident
there was no ufo
there was no strange lights
There are no such things as aliens
We did not turn up to "clean things up"

:eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :rofl:

Try searching on Ron Halliday (note the "a"). All I could find was this...

A rather more complicated story concerns a UFO sighting by a family in Blairgowrie, which was followed some time later by the appearance of a military helicopter hovering low over their house. The odd events continued. On one occasion two members of the family watched incredulously as a procession of "strangely dressed males" walked up the street. They were "all dressed in black Yiddish attire, wearing hats of the same colour and several with pigtails stretching down their backs". They walked up the path of a neighbour's house and disappeared inside. A little later they walked out again and back down the street. When the witnesses visited the neighbour to ask about them, she said she hadn't seen them; no one had entered her house. There were a number of other strange incidents. A few years ago there was a lot of fuss about UFO activity in and around Bonnybridge.

A Jewish family visiting a relative with a bad memory?

I spotted one of these Cats just above a place called Alyth (near Blairgowrie/Perth's). At the top of a dry water course gulley, I heard the growl noise before I saw it. I squatted behind gorse bushes and the highly muscly wild cat walked right past me - quite a sight, and very lucky to be so close without it knowing I was there. At the time I was researching (and found) the sight of a standing-stone at the high ground at the back of Alyth.

Yes, Shady - first time replying to another's comment! Though there is a significant link on this page to the above report. Bit like Eric & Ernie - right notes... though not necessarily in the right order!"
LOL yep, I also liked their 'This film was shot on location....and so was the producer'

Interesting! When I was going through the newspapers I ran into various fireballs and luminous flaming phenomena, and you can even see some ancient records of such things in the "Book of Miracles". I did run into a sighting of an object that looked like a ship on fire seen broadside which was moving on the surface of the water. I suspect all of these are natural phenomena.

The main reason (apart from generally being an interesting early report) that I included this excerpt of the 1767 report was because where it say's "and disappeared a little above Blairgowrie," that is exactly where I lived during the time of our encounter! (A Rather Strange, But Very True Coincidence!)

Last edited:
Back