• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bluebell Woods

^ You are a very nice person but please, I'm a lost cause :D

Maybe go explain the Higgs-Bosun to ants mate, you might have more luck ;)
Yes Souleater is a very nice bloke he's offered to help me as well re the uploading an avatar.

However if you are a Luddite I'm an even bigger one! I don't even possess a mobile phone let alone one that can take photos! I've got a digital camera and every now and again when I'm feeling up to it I upload the photos onto my laptop and find where they've gone to and put on a list (hand written on the back of an old Christmas card) to 'get to the bottom of how to sort them into files and then do something with them'.

I'll just about get the hang of it then there will be some bloody update or other and I'm back to square one lol. ''I'll just read another chapter of my book, check out the FTMB and then I'll sort it all out. Oh is that the time ...better start cooking a meal/ get the washing done/ make a start on the garden'' And so it goes on.

So I hope you get to finding out how to upload your bluebell photos CJ! Meantime I know I've some bluebell photos of my own and maybe after I've done a few chores, collected my prescription, and read one more chapter of my book I'll tackle the guts of this here laptop and have a go at sharing them. :)

''Luddites of the world unite we alone know what is right'' :cool:

Sollywos x

Screenshot_20210519-104746.png

What was that mysterious song, In and Out the Dusty Bluebells? Never did work that one out.
I was thinking about this earlier, and when we played it, it came out as "In and Out the Dustin' Bluebells" - which puzzled me back then, as I thought it was an error for "Dustbin Bluebells" but even 6-year-old me knew that couldn't be right!

We don't want your stinking onions.

Volunteers removing onion bulbs in Guernsey

The project aims to remove the non-native species and allow bluebells to grow

More than 10,000 allium triquetrums, better known as stinking onions, have been removed from woods in Guernsey in 2023.

The removal in Bluebell Woods has been part of a project headed by the Guernsey Conservation Volunteers (GCV) to remove the non-native species and allow bluebells to grow.

The onions have dominated the woods in St Peter Port, destroying the bluebells and turning the woods white.

Angela Salmon, GCV operations director, said the onions needed to be removed if the bluebells were to thrive.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckmpznr772eo

We don't want your stinking onions.

Volunteers removing onion bulbs in Guernsey

The project aims to remove the non-native species and allow bluebells to grow

More than 10,000 allium triquetrums, better known as stinking onions, have been removed from woods in Guernsey in 2023.

The removal in Bluebell Woods has been part of a project headed by the Guernsey Conservation Volunteers (GCV) to remove the non-native species and allow bluebells to grow.

The onions have dominated the woods in St Peter Port, destroying the bluebells and turning the woods white.

Angela Salmon, GCV operations director, said the onions needed to be removed if the bluebells were to thrive.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckmpznr772eo
Also known as three cornered leek and three cornered garlic. Now the vampires will be back.

If like wild garlic, super eating.

Bluebells, not so.

Badgers like them.

West Woods, near Marlborough, known for its bluebells, and oddly enough, brocks.

So rooting must encourage them.

I was thinking about this earlier, and when we played it, it came out as "In and Out the Dustin' Bluebells" - which puzzled me back then, as I thought it was an error for "Dustbin Bluebells" but even 6-year-old me knew that couldn't be right!
Seems to be a simple Childhood sing-along thing.

Back