• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bob Lazar

Inside the above article, his comment regarding speaking on the Las Vegas TV Station interview....

“I wish I wouldn't have said anything, but it’s too late for that,” he said. “I think I finally came to the conclusion that, you know, that was a really stupid thing to say. I should’ve kept my mouth shut. Now it’s impossible to get away from.”

it almost seems like a denouncement of his working at S-4. Almost.

Recent interview with Bob Lazar. It is a secureteam10 interview with Bob and the documentary maker of an upcoming film about Lazar's experience to 'set the record straight'.

Sent to myself, some years ago, from an acquaintance in Las Vegas, who knew Lazar and was aware of my interest in ufology...

Attributed as photo of Lazar... behind the counter, working in a Photo Shop...

lazar.jpg

Anyway, always perhaps worth keeping in mind that Lazar's, Area 51 'flying saucer', has it's quite evident genesis in Billy Meier's 'flying saucer' photographs, all founded on the misconstrued reporting of Kenneth Arnold's comment, 'They flew like a saucer would, if you skipped it across the water'.

Your judgement call...

You're going to have to give us more info on that photo, Comfy, is it staged for a lark or is Bob Lazar genuinely about to open fire on a customer? And either way, for what reasons?

You're going to have to give us more info on that photo, Comfy, is it staged for a lark or is Bob Lazar genuinely about to open fire on a customer? And either way, for what reasons?
I don't know the background to the photo - it was sent from an acquaintance in Vegas who knew Lazar and thought it might be of interest. Wish I understood more about it's origin - we're going back some 10-12 years ago. I do, however, have some further material he sent and I shall seek to find same (I already know it's all in a folder, in a box, buried under several other boxes in the attic - so might take some time).

IIRC, the essence of that image was, 'here's your 'Area 51' guy'...

Will get back to you soon as...

OK, thanks - you know what the internet's like, wild claims everywhere that fall apart under investigation. It is an interesting photo, I've never seen it before.

I find it interesting that anyone still believes that Lazar's claims are legitimate.
Most if not all of his education claims and other 'facts' he has provided over the years have been shown to be false.
Even that staunch ufo proponent Stanton Friedman has declared him a phony. ;)

I find it interesting that anyone still believes that Lazar's claims are legitimate.
Most if not all of his education claims and other 'facts' he has provided over the years have been shown to be false.
Even that staunch ufo proponent Stanton Friedman has declared him a phony. ;)
True story - was good friends with the late Graham Birdsall. He recalled the occasion when they were both attending a UFO conference in Amsterdam. Stanton was 'peckish' just before taking the stage and had bought some 'cookies' from a street vendor...

'Thankfully, I stopped him just in time'...

I don't know the background to the photo - it was sent from an acquaintance in Vegas who knew Lazar and thought it might be of interest. Wish I understood more about it's origin - we're going back some 10-12 years ago. I do, however, have some further material he sent and I shall seek to find same (I already know it's all in a folder, in a box, buried under several other boxes in the attic - so might take some time).

IIRC, the essence of that image was, 'here's your 'Area 51' guy'...

Will get back to you soon as...
I have duly battled with the attic contents - many a serendipitous moment inevitably occurred - is that where they are... been looking for years...

Must duly make of this what you will, I'm merely passing on the original material, as sent to myself. No way am I citing same as authentic, because I can't - your judgement call.

20181229_01248280.jpg

Screenshot_20181228-235857.png

Screenshot_20181229-000953.png

...Even that staunch ufo proponent Stanton Friedman has declared him a phony...
This is an original letter, so helpfully provided to myself by aforementioned acquaintance in Vegas. It's not a copy, this is a photo I've just taken of the actual letter sent by Stanton Friedman.

Again, it can be enlarged.

Screenshot_20181229-011914.png

This is an original letter

Thanks for posting all these pics. Unfortunately there are no higher resolution versions available as far as I can see, so they are barely readable even if enlarged as far as possible. Do you have higher resolution versions you can perhaps put in a zip file and place somewhere to be downloaded?

...Do you have higher resolution versions you can perhaps put in a zip file and place somewhere to be downloaded?
That was the problem, just best I could do as a snapshot from a mobile's camera!

It's much welcome you have brought this up - wasn't sure if legible or not.

No problem in using a scanner and uploading... will do so soon as...

Meantime, wonder if I can improve the mobile image quality...

Is this any better, from Stanton's correspondence?

This was explicitly given to myself to make public all those years ago - guess I've only got around to it now...

IMG_20181229_033553.jpg

It's much welcome you have brought this up - wasn't sure if legible or not.

No problem in using a scanner and uploading... will do so soon as...

Meantime, wonder if I can improve the mobile image quality...

Is this any better, from Stanton's correspondence?

Yup, that is now fully readable. Thanks again for posting.

Looking forward to seeing scanned uploads, when you can.

Yup, that is now fully readable. Thanks again for posting.

Looking forward to seeing scanned uploads, when you can.
Mark, there are documents therein, particularly copious correspondence from Stanton Friedman which has never been published before and I need some time to think about this. To say much of it is, 'sensitive'... you get the gist... This, I'm comfortable with highlighting meantime - especially as cited, 'To: Distribution' and hope if enlarged, it's legible?

20181229_65445477.jpg

20181229_65421248.jpg

This is an original letter, so helpfully provided to myself by aforementioned acquaintance in Vegas. It's not a copy, this is a photo I've just taken of the actual letter sent by Stanton Friedman.

Again, it can be enlarged.

View attachment 13875
I'm unable to enlarge it...can you give me the gist of the letter,..,?

Re: Lazar
lazar is a fairly common serbian forename so perhaps some CEE ancestry?
In Middle English 'Lazar' means leper, ie an outcast. Rather apt, really.
Must duly make of this what you will, I'm merely passing on the original material, as sent to myself. No way am I citing same as authentic, because I can't - your judgement call.
That's some clearly impressive documentation, there. You mention the sensitivity issue, etc - can I ask how long it's been in your attic (you mention "years")? And just how much of it is there?

I'm also intrigued by the Friedman letter. Appreciate the reason for redacting the addressee, but whoever it was clearly asked Friedman about Lazar, so themselves had an interest - why did they then pass this stuff wholesale to you?

...That's some clearly impressive documentation, there. You mention the sensitivity issue, etc - can I ask how long it's been in your attic (you mention "years")? And just how much of it is there?

I'm also intrigued by the Friedman letter. Appreciate the reason for redacting the addressee, but whoever it was clearly asked Friedman about Lazar, so themselves had an interest - why did they then pass this stuff wholesale to you?
Material was simply sent to myself as I was, at that time, known to have an interest in this story. It's never been published before as there never really seemed any reason to do so - Lazar had been exposed for what he was...

Problem now is proverbially, 'reopening a can of worms', or just leave be...

Still contemplating same... Some of these documents seriously merit this...

Problem now is proverbially, 'reopening a can of worms', or just leave be...

Still contemplating same... Some of these documents seriously merit this...

Oh publish for sure. Publish and be damned, as the say. ;)

(Apologies, I am behind on my replies on this forum. I'll be replying to forum messages and PMs asap. Sorry for the delay).

Happy New Year by the way! :)

OK, that's pretty damning if it's real, though it seems a lot more authentic that a lot of Lazar's claims. So who was he really and where did he come from?
It's genuine and the essence seems to be that Lazar's tale is not worth spending any more time on.

OK, that's pretty damning if it's real, though it seems a lot more authentic that a lot of Lazar's claims. So who was he really and where did he come from?
A guy named Tom Mahood did some actual research in and around Las Vegas, and found out who Lazar really was. His report on this research used to be freely available online, but now seems to be secured behind a password box. I really wish I had copied the report! Mahood does have a recent post online that covers a few different aspects of the whole shitshow. He obviously still considers Lazar a fraud, but seems to be granting far more of a connection to reality on some points. He may be just covering his ass legally. Can't blame him for that. This is Murricah now, and the rules keep changing.

Lazar has a rather sordid past (I'm not referring to the brothel business either) that Knapp should have uncovered. He still bills himself as an investigative reporter. He lives and works in Las Vegas, where the records show the real Lazar history. The real records paint a picture of someone I would not want anything to do with, ever. Knapp is a good writer, but I would not hire him as an investigator of any sort.

Thanks for that, Austin. I'll stop asking!

A guy named Tom Mahood did some actual research in and around Las Vegas...
Yeah! Tim was a fantastic researcher.

In conclusion, having now thoroughly scrutinised the aforementioned documentation... have to make your own judgment call on the entire perspective.

Extract; a letter from Stanton Friedman. June 24, 1993.

Should be enlargeable... and perhaps most telling overall...

1546456473881928.jpg

With hindsight now that I have published some of this material, is that not Stanton Friedman, incontrovertibly, documented here, taking a sceptical stance re Lazar, whilst manifestly advocating this as his 'scientific' evaluation?

"I have often commented that I am certain there are underground bases and that I wouldn't argue that there were saucers there'.

Back