• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bob Lazar

Interesting analysis of Bob's body language and speech patterns, which apparently seem to say that he's telling the truth:
I have to say, he is very believable.

I don't have a spare hour.

Does it say he's telling the truth, or does it say that he believes he is telling the truth?

I don't have a spare hour.

Does it say he's telling the truth, or does it say that he believes he is telling the truth?
Essentially, the guy's analysis says that he seems to be telling the truth. But yeah, I get your point.

Yes the video does address this very point - somewhere towards the end - about 100.00. He says that Lazar could be delusional and/or brainwashed, but if this were the case you would expect this fact to show up in other areas of the man's life and behaviour - but apparently it doesn't .(The point, which could be crucial, is not really dwelt upon however).

The - somehat irritating -host - Derek Vans Chaik - did study Politics and Behavioural Science (whatever that is) to B.A level, but otherwise he now seems to work as a Financial and Banking adviser of some sort. I can find nothing to show that he is an expert on Body Language - and I'm even not all that sure that there is such a thing as being `an expert on body language`. I suspect that one may know a lot about this subject but that it is always opent to varying interpretations, much in the way that translating from one language to another is.

I am sure I have read somewhere that sociopaths can be very very good at faking `good` body language signals. As for lie detectors (another thing inevitably thrown in there) - pah! They are not used in courts of law, I believe.

For some reason - and as a UFO believer - I have always found myself ill-disposed to Bob Lazar and his claims. It's not just the old too-good-to-be-true effect. It's also that so much of what he says sounds so childishly simplistic.

The idea that we humans have somehow `reverse-engineered` craft of the kind that can cross interstellar distances at superuminal speeds, for example. That would be like scientists from the early Eighteenth century reverse engineering the latest smart phone, for example! (They wouldn't even have had the slightest idea of what they were looking at!)

Then so much of what Lazar comes out with tallies conveniently with the dense mythology set up by certainn American ufologists. So they are from Zeta Retiuli, they have been genetically enginerring mankind, he - Lazar-was a part of the `Majestic 1`2...and on it goes (even Van Chaik feels a need to distance himself from some of that stuff, tellingly).

I suppose this could just be my own prejudices though.

childishly simplistic.

The idea that we humans have somehow `reverse-engineered` craft of the kind that can cross interstellar distances at superuminal speeds, for example. That would be like scientists from the early Eighteenth century reverse engineering the latest smart phone, for example! (They wouldn't even have had the slightest idea of what they were looking at!)
Nope. It wouldn't be like that at all. You can not just ignore the intervening two centuries of scientific discovery and claim that nuclear physicists today are somehow as naive as those early scientists were. There have been massive advances in our understanding of particle and quantum dynamics which enable us to speculate on any number of possible scenarios related to space travel and distortion of time.

Further, the term "reverse-engineered" is quite problematic. The way you apply it implies they recreate 100% accuracy in the construction / assemblage of whatever craft Lazar claims to have seen. This is not what he or anyone else means by the term. It's a process, not a finished product embodying 100% replication. If they have observed that this goes with that and it allows them to manipulate earth gravity outside mundane aerodynamics, that's an advance but it's not physical interstellar transmission yet. It might be just a lucky error away from that, but Lazar is saying only that he has witnessed the former.

I am more convinced by having seen the video above that he is sincere, at least in his own mind. Whether he's self-deluded is not within my skillset to determine. I'm tending towards he's telling the truth.

It seems like an awful lot of people have never encountered a bullshit artist before. I don't get it. By the time I reached adulthood, I had seen, heard, and talked to quite a few people who came across as genuine but turned out to be completely full of shit. It's not a rare talent.

Yes the video does address this very point - somewhere towards the end - about 100.00. He says that Lazar could be delusional and/or brainwashed, but if this were the case you would expect this fact to show up in other areas of the man's life and behaviour - but apparently it doesn't .(The point, which could be crucial, is not really dwelt upon however).

The - somehat irritating -host - Derek Vans Chaik - did study Politics and Behavioural Science (whatever that is) to B.A level, but otherwise he now seems to work as a Financial and Banking adviser of some sort. I can find nothing to show that he is an expert on Body Language - and I'm even not all that sure that there is such a thing as being `an expert on body language`. I suspect that one may know a lot about this subject but that it is always opent to varying interpretations, much in the way that translating from one language to another is.

I am sure I have read somewhere that sociopaths can be very very good at faking `good` body language signals. As for lie detectors (another thing inevitably thrown in there) - pah! They are not used in courts of law, I believe.

For some reason - and as a UFO believer - I have always found myself ill-disposed to Bob Lazar and his claims. It's not just the old too-good-to-be-true effect. It's also that so much of what he says sounds so childishly simplistic.

Then so much of what Lazar comes out with tallies conveniently with the dense mythology set up by certainn American ufologists. So they are from Zeta Retiuli, they have been genetically enginerring mankind, he - Lazar-was a part of the `Majestic 1`2...and on it goes (even Van Chaik feels a need to distance himself from some of that stuff, tellingly).

I suppose this could just be my own prejudices though.
I think the most relevant point here is the reference to brainwashing. My view is -- for what it's worth -- that the intelligence community wanted, maybe, a cover up of field propulsion research going on, and found an ideal candidate in Lazar. Someone with the shadiest of histories and an interest in weird scientific stuff. Lazar couldn't resist the bait and ended up convinced that he was working on real extraterrestrial craft even though, as Vallee pointed out, none of his descriptions of the procedures he was following matched either basic research methods or the strict control of documents normal to such facilities (none of the briefing documents he was shown was marked as classified or had a document number). Moreover, he admitted to Vallee that nothing made sense about the project, that his equipment consisted only of a voltmeter and an osciloscope, that the Russians had been involved at one time, and that he had been given a strange liquid to drink and hyponotised several times. It was obvious nonsense.
The result was, as planned, Lazar couldn't resist blabbing all to his friends, they allegedly saw test flights of the captured craft (i.e. unknown lights flying about), Lazar was dismissed and the legend of back engineering was created. So hundreds of UFO enthusiasts descended on Area 51 and if any strange lights were seen they would be claimed as ET space craft. Meanwhile the real centre of antigravity work would remain secret.

Dear me- the bloke is a bullshit artist. It is as plain as the nose on your face. There is no antigravity work, either. More bullshit.

Dear me- the bloke is a bullshit artist. It is as plain as the nose on your face. There is no antigravity work, either. More bullshit.
Check out Nick Cook's Hunt for Zero Point, and Paul LaViolette's Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion.

None of which works. Current theory indicates that zero point energy cannot be used for any practical purpose, and antigravity effects would be so weak that they would merely reduce the apparent weight of an object by an undetectable amount.

You don't need a conspiracy of any size or sort to explain Lazar's behavior. If you look into his past, the public records of his business dealings and personal history, it's all there. Plain as day.

Being convincing while telling whoppers is just learned behavior. Undercover cops, car salesmen, actors, spies, and con artists all specialize in it. Some people have natural talent while others have to work harder at it. Check out Al Bielek for some more entertaining flapdoodle delivered with a straight face. Lots of people believe his bullshit too.

Dispense with the invectives, lads. You can sell a more attractive argument without those. Chances are you're right about this man. Most people are skeptical. I'm skeptical. But the belief that he must be deliberately lying is not as plain as the nose on your face. I'm not a credulous person by any stretch. I've dealt with conmen of various stripes all my professional life. This person is not so easy to categorise just by a statement of individual opinion.

Here are a few very important limitations in my own current stance which I must concede.
First, I agree he's had a looong time to perfect his story and his method of delivery. I agree he seems smart enough to know the game and to have the ability to subvert the psychological analysis. This is routine stuff for him. However, it doesn't make what you think fact, any more than it does what he says fact.

Second, the facts are few, which is more supportive of your position than mine. Ditto the apparent lack of any corroborating evidence. Except for his knowledge of e115 before it was formally established. That is still hard to ignore. I'd like your answer to that, gentlemen.

I'm open to persuasion. My stance is nowhere near as hardcore as yours. Your passionate rebukes notwithstanding, please change my mind with some valid support. That is if your obvious contempt for this individual allows you some energy to try. If not, I'll hold. Thanks.

115? Oh please. Like the rest of his story, it's straight from the informal literature of the mid to late 80s. This has all been covered many times. Some people are impressed that he "predicted" the existence of element 115, as though that slot on the periodic chart didn't already exist; as though there were not already many people speculating on what 115 might be like. Of course he was wrong about every aspect of 115 beyond its existence. It's all bunk.

Here is a good place to start:
http://boblazardebunked.com/

Want his actual history? It isn't pretty.
http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/...uW7EBxF06pWIG1ZfgPqssvtFX9m9HC-OOeMiSNnq72fPc

Last edited:
I don't have a spare hour. Does it say he's telling the truth, or does it say that he believes he is telling the truth?

Passionately believing your own lies is the main trick for doing well in sales I hear.

None of which works. Current theory indicates that zero point energy cannot be used for any practical purpose, and antigravity effects would be so weak that they would merely reduce the apparent weight of an object by an undetectable amount.
Sorry, I doubt that anyone could read all of LaViolette's massive volume, and absorb all the detailed info, in a few minutes! I don't think you've even checked the data showing that measurable weight loss effects have been achieved, and even incorporated into existing air technology. Maybe current theory doesn't account for it, but I would go with empirical data any day. If you have had those two sources for long enough to study them properly, and still make this statement, then I apologise for my mistaken assumption!

Passionately believing your own lies is the main trick for doing well in sales I hear.

But, if you passionately believe your own lie, can it be considered a lie from your point of view ?

Or, how can you believe in something you consider to be untrue ?

INT21.

For those who want a bit more on the anti-gravity subject, there are

'Anti Gravity and the Unified Field'.

'The Anti-gravity Handbook'.

Both complied/edited by David Hatcher Childress,

If you can make anything out of them, kindly let us know.

INT21.

My take is Lazar made up a good yarn, then realized the attention he got had more negatives to his life than positives. So he’s tried to lay low the rest of his life. But he can’t escape. Every once in a while he’s forced to trot out the yarn again. Like most good liars, he’ll never admit he made it up.

For those who want a bit more on the anti-gravity subject, there are

'Anti Gravity and the Unified Field'.

'The Anti-gravity Handbook'.

Both complied/edited by David Hatcher Childress,

If you can make anything out of them, kindly let us know.

INT21.
Yes, there is a lot published on the subject now. I'll have a look on Abe. "Anti gravity" is probably technically inappropriate, but it has become established now. The Biefield-Brown effect is most well known, also the Nazi "Bell" device which ended up in US hands but (it seems) was found to be uncontrollable and fatal to the pilots in craft that employed it. The most recent development was Podklenov's rotating disc studies
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Podkletnov) which got the attention of NASA.

Patrick30,

Don't forget that it isn't just the ufo stuff that he is known for.

His claims for his hydrogen powered car are worth doing a search on.

Don't have a link to hand.

Carl Grove,

Can you supply a link or other information to support your claim that the above mentioned technology is being used ?

Bob Lazar on a jet-bike
jetbike.jpg

Although this demonstrates he is either brave or foolhardy, it does not demonstrate any new principles of physics.

His claims for his hydrogen powered car are worth doing a search on.

Don't have a link to hand.
He did do a lot of nutball things with cars, and he is a bright guy when it comes to technical tinkering. If he was into hydrogen cars back then, it was another thing where he read a lot of what was being written about it and did some experiments. He's no mad scientist or even a particularly talented inventor.

Carl Grove,

Can you supply a link or other information to support your claim that the above mentioned technology is being used ?

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/secret_projects/project055.htm

https://www.disclose.tv/b-2-bomber-and-electrogravitics-antigravity-technology-317644

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kicuqeqox9okp0n/IJG_2015042015204020(2).pdf?dl=0

The first person to suggest that the B-2 was using electrogravitics as a supplementary source of lift was Bill Gunston, a respected British aerospace journalist. He noticed that the specifications given for the aircraft -- the thrust provided by the engines -- would be insufficient to allow it to take off!

My take is Lazar made up a good yarn, then realized the attention he got had more negatives to his life than positives. So he’s tried to lay low the rest of his life. But he can’t escape. Every once in a while he’s forced to trot out the yarn again. Like most good liars, he’ll never admit he made it up.
I think you nailed it. He really painted himself into a corner, and he can't get out without admitting outright to fraud and probably some other serious crimes. Pretty much the same thing can be said about Knapp, his main enabler. He essentially went into business with Lazar, and has to keep up the story or face serious consequences. That's what makes the information Tom Mahood dug up so astonishing to me. Knapp was an "investigative journalist" with the hottest story ever, and he couldn't be arsed to send someone down to the courthouse to do some due diligence. I had some training in journalism, and that breach would make Ed Murrow start throwing things. Nobody called MIT or Caltech. Amazing.

Sorry Carl,

I don't see anything in the way of objective proof there. Just speculation.

The free energy bit in the first link doesn't help their case.

The Bob Lazar tale is certainly a great UFO story and has lasted all these years, but there are two aspects (among other points..) that have always bothered me and it's why I think he's a 'phony'.
The first is that his education record is unremarkable no matter how one rates it so my question has been why would the US Govt hire such an individual to work on a highly classified project of alien ufos when there were so many better qualified people around? That makes no sense to me.
The second regards Dr Vallee who interviewed him many years ago and found him to be unremarkable also as to his science creds and probably not telling the truth. Dr Vallee asked him point blank to produce the element 115 which Lazar claimed he took after leaving area 51 and Lazar said he could not but gave no good reason why he could not. To me that sounds like a man who is hiding the truth .

I don't know if he's telling 'any truth' at all ,but many years ago soon after all of this became big ufo news I thought he could he have been a low level mechanical engineer at area 51 (he did once have a military pay stubb?), who had no contact with any high level project and after he was fired made up this tale for profit and ego?
Maybe he truly believes something strange was going on there and decided to use it to his advantage after he left.

Back