• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bob Lazar

Can't remember the details, but there was a documentary about Lazar's car. It is (was) supposed to go a very long distance on very little fuel.
I do recall pondering on this and coming to the conclusion that it was highly unlikely to be able to do this.

(no, I'm not mixing it up with the Stan Meyers affair)

Does anyone recall the car in question ?

I have always had doubts about these people who 'come out' after spending years on top secret military stuff.

INT21.

Or just the kind of things someone would drift into if they had been publically pilloried and their academic history erased? :p
Drift into?.....yes, because a well educated highly intelligent person who was 'pilloried' by the gubbermint naturally would want to work for a brothel and sell illegal materials after their academic history was 'erased'...

btw...anyone who buys into that nonsense from Lazar.....I have some swampland to sell them in Florida.
;)

Hope you didn't by it from our mutual colleague on casebook. I hear he's been watching the water levels there.

The Lazar thing has always seemed dodgy to me.

INT21.

Can't remember the details, but there was a documentary about Lazar's car. It is (was) supposed to go a very long distance on very little fuel.
I do recall pondering on this and coming to the conclusion that it was highly unlikely to be able to do this.

I have always had doubts about these people who 'come out' after spending years on top secret military stuff.

INT21.
I had read that he was into' racing cars'...but not that he came up with some 'miracle fuel'.
I have no doubt in my mind, (and I have followed his tales from the beginning with his interviews with George Knapp), that he is making up most of his tale....as I have said before it's possible he worked at some low level capacity at the base....after all even top secret facilities require repairman /mechanics and the like. I think after he was fired he turned his short lived experience into this whole alien tale for his personal gain....after all what would he have been or done without his alien fame..?

Hope you didn't by it from our mutual colleague on casebook. I hear he's been watching the water levels there.

The Lazar thing has always seemed dodgy to me.

INT21.
No....just an expression ...but our family did own a condo on a golf course in Clearwater though we sold it years ago.

INT21.
Thorium car?

There were at least two different cars and other vehicles ...

Jet Powered Car (and bicycle; and go-kart):

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/...ire/the-bob-lazar-corner/bobs-jetcar-article/

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/...bob-lazar-story-from-the-perspective-of-2018/

Lazar-jet-bike-600x215.jpg

'Water-Powered' Hydrogen Fuel Car

https://www.disclose.tv/area-51-ufo-whistleblower-bob-lazar-shows-off-his-water-powered-car-320427

And they wanted this guy to work on secret alien projects at area 51..? Really...?

:rollingw:

I'll have to look through my library of documentaries and see if I can find the car item I am referring to.

It was some 'magic fuel' thing if I remember correctly.

I'll have to look through my library of documentaries and see if I can find the car item I am referring to.

It was some 'magic fuel' thing if I remember correctly.
The only 'magic fuel' I recall him mentioning was element 115 which the aliens allegedly used ...but as I mentioned when asked by Dr Vallee to see it (a sample Lazar claims to have stolen from area 51) he refused saying he couldn't but gave no good reasons. He also claimed it was a stable version of it but as far as we know it isn't stable and doesn't exist in a normal manner.

A few interesting links...worth reading for info about Lazar...if you have the time.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Robert_Lazar#External_links
http://www.ufojoe.net/?p=220
http://www.stantonfriedman.com/index.php?ptp=articles&fdt=2011.01.07

Last edited:
The only 'magic fuel' I recall him mentioning was element 115 which the aliens allegedly used ...but as I mentioned when asked by Dr Vallee to see it he refused saying he couldn't but gave no good reasons.
Along with the nose touching that was the single area of the documentary and interview where my perception of him as reporting things sincerely and honestly hit a barrier. The documentary maker asks him about his apparent previous claim to have taken some of element 115. And its the single area in the whole thing where he cuts him short and refuses to converse on the subject at all. It immediately struck me as suggestive of someone avoiding a trap of his own making. He could only either recant or reconfirm his years-earlier claim to have taken the stuff - but if he recanted people would obviously seize on the admission to having made stuff up, yet if he reconfirms the claim then he would have to provide some kind of answer to what he did with it, and whatever answer he gave would involve things which could be checked.

^ As a businessman' he has had an 'interesting' past. He used to do electrical and related work for a 'brothel' in Nevada I believe and worked on 'race cars'...and years later he owned a company that allegedly had and sold nuclear material and he was investigated for illegally having said material.
Yes...just the kind of 'scientist' one would want to hire for a top secret facility working on ultra secret alien stuff.
;)
I'm not an advocate for Bob Lazar, but this summary is pretty much all obfuscation. Nothing is correct. I assume from the wink you were pitching for laughs, Wu?

edit; I didn't see the new page. Good that a few have tried to clear up the muddy waters a bit.
If anyone's interested in the facts of Lazar's past activities as they stand, watch the video I posted in #76 above.

Potential Spoilers

I came away from the new Netflix documentary none the wiser. It was interesting to watch the newer interviews with him, but essentially it's just the old information and stories re-hashed again with no new revelations.
He's an interesting character in UFO lore, of that there's no doubt, but surely after decades of his initial claims. concrete evidence to support his past would have surfaced by now? Either that or he would have met some strange ending which would then have fueled endless conspiracy theories forever and a day.

but surely after decades of his initial claims. concrete evidence to support his past would have surfaced by now?
As i understand it the evidence they claim undermine the denials of his academic and professional history are his appearance in a phone directory of the los alamos research base (rejected by debunkers on the basis it doesn't say he was a scientist there) and a newspaper article at the time referencing him as a physicist working there (apparently also unacceptable to detractors on the basis that newspapers can be fooled!); the discovery by the documentary makers of the at-the-time use of a hand based security scanner which lazar had years earlier described and claimed to use but which - purportedly - had til now been scoffed at as a nonsense; and the - off camera - tracking down and confirmatory conversation with an unusually named security man from the S4 base. In the Rogan interview he's asked if he has no friends who attend MIT etc with him..and he says he's provided those names to Corbell, the documentary maker, who then appears to confirm that he has done so. They also offer up as corroborative subsequent scientific developments, namely the discovery of the real element 115 and the confirmation of gravitational waves.

Searching for a written account of these new details to save watching the documentary and joe rogan interview again, I've just found this claim which i don't recall being mentioned in either...

" Corbell was able to find a witness willing to go on the record. (............)Corbell got in contact with the man(....)who turned out be a legitimate physicist that Corbell was able to confirm did work at Los Alamos. Corbell asked the physicist, Dr. Robert Krangle, if he would be willing to go public with his claims, and he said yes.

Corbell shared some sound clips of an interview with Krangle. Krangle says that he worked on and off as a contractor for Los Alamos throughout the 80s, and still does occasionally.

“I was doing design project this, or an ancillary engineering. Their engineers have been beating a problem, and sometimes they get to close to a problem, so they can’t see the forest for the trees, so they bring in people like me as an outside contact to see what’s going on,” explained Krangle.

Krangle says he graduated from MIT in 1973 with a degree in semi-conductor physics.

Corbell says he has found an article that listed Krangle’s credentials. Krangle also showed Corbell IDs showing he worked at other facilities doing high tech work, such as China Lake, Kirtland Air Force Base, Los Alamos, Sandia, and the Manzano weapons storage facility.

Corbell asked Krangle directly if he knew Lazar to be working as a physicist at Los Alamos, to which Krangle says he was certain.

“He was a physicist. Which, I am a physicist. We kind of recognize each other, you know it’s the classic pocket condom with all of the proper different colored pens, so he fit that mold. If nobody would have told me, one look, he is a physicist. You know, he is properly dressed in geekdom,” Krangle told Corbell.
Not only did he look the part, but Krangle says he attended security meetings with Lazar. He explained that in these meetings “they give you the usual briefing asking you not to talk about that you are doing or seeing.”
As for what specifically Lazar was working on, Krangle says, “I didn’t know what he was up to anymore than he knew what I was up to.”

Krangle also says he understood why Lazar’s employers were so upset with him.
“I understand how Los Alamos would blackball him. He committed professional suicide,” Krangle explained. “He broke from the fold and talked about it. Within that security community. It is that mentality: ‘Don’t talk about what you do.'”
Knapp asked Corbell why Krangle would be sharing this information if he knew he could also get in trouble. Corbell said that Krangle is “just one of those renegades.” He explained that Krangle no longer makes a living off of his Los Alamos contracts, so he isn’t worried about it."

Obviously none of this tells you anything about whether Lazar's claims about ufos are remotely true. But they do suggest the idea that denials he was ever at place X or there's no record of him attending Y may indeed have some official interference behind it.

I'm not an advocate for Bob Lazar, but this summary is pretty much all obfuscation. Nothing is correct. I assume from the wink you were pitching for laughs, Wu?

edit; I didn't see the new page. Good that a few have tried to clear up the muddy waters a bit.
If anyone's interested in the facts of Lazar's past activities as they stand, watch the video I posted in #76 above.
I'm not sure what obfuscation you are referring to...but I believe my points are all accurate regarding his business activities.
But at any rate..regarding his lack of education creds (bottom 3rd of his class etc..) and other factors ...would the govt really hire such a person to work on top top secret alien stuff..?
Really..?
It's clear something is not right with this whole tale from him.

Apart from a few passing references to the name i didn't know anything about Bob Lazar until today. Apart from the netflix documentary here is an in depth interview with Joe Rogan posted today.

What struck me throughout is that i found him personally totally convincing and sincere seeming. (the only time i questioned that perception was noticing each time he touched his nose or the side of his face, which are often considered as "tells" that someone is lyig in body language reading. But im hardly qualified to read too much into that). He seems to answer questions, sometimes random tangential questions, with fluidity, confidence and detail.

But one thing niggled away at me. The - to me - revelation that he's the man whose story introduced the whole area 51 back engineering captured ufos trope to the world...in 1989. Why does it bother me? Because just like the faked moon landing conspiracy theory was foreshadowed (ie inspired) by the movie Capricorn One, Lazar's account seems to be a little too close to largely forgotten scifi B movie from 1980, just a few years earlier, Hangar 18 wth Darren McGavin and Robert Vaughan. A captured flying saucer in a secret government facility, airforce scientist McGavin being roped into study the craft being kept top secret from the public...even lazar's description of being inside the craft looking around it mirrors some of the imagery in the film.

All of this would suggest that the idea of the secret government base in the desert with the captured saucers existed before Lazar's story broke. But was it born in fiction or in other people claiming to be whistle blowers? If the fiction came first it seems a might coincidence.

I'm on the fence about Lazar, but I did enjoy the interview. That other chap, Corbell, came across as a bit of a... plonker.

There's a gloriously old-fashioned insult. I might try 'prat' or 'berk' next time!

Could be the one.

If I remember (a long time ago) it was the claimed range of the vehicle that was a sticking point. His claim seemed far in excess of what one would expect.

I'll have to try and find the video I originally watched.

In the link I give, there are some comments about him and some materials that may be of interest.

That's the 'water-powered' hydrogen fuel car (see the second link in my earlier post about cars). According to that site, Lazar's setup was original / novel in storing the hydrogen 'chemically' (via bonding with a hydride) rather than as pressurized highly flammable gas.

I don't know enough about the subject to claim whether this approach was invented by Lazar.

I'll look at that.

I have always been interested in this alternative fuel business.

If I remember the problem (at the time) was that he was claiming to get enough gas in this hydride to cover huge distances. And there was only one bottle in the car then.

I'm considering having my petrol BMW converted to LPG. Nothing special about that though.

Anyone here running LPG ?

INT21.

And he saw this detail from around eighty mile away !

No need for him to go to specsavers.

INT21.

I started the Netflix documentary but turned it off after 30 minutes: too much diversionary mysticism and trite musing on the nature of modern life. I might try later, but it's clearly padded.

Edit: this one.

Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 02.54.28.jpg

Good God! I can't believe any of this shit still floats. Lazar's history was not "erased", it's easy to find. I'm talking about his history before he became famous, you know, the court records of bankruptcies, various bad debts, sleazy behavior, shady enterprises (not the brothel stories) and so on. He was a two-bit huckster who had some low level job or jobs at government facilities. I blame George Knapp for not vetting the guy before he essentially went into business with him. I consider Knapp to be about as much of an investigative journalist as Lazar is businessman. Or physicist. Knapp is a good writer. Lazar is a talented bullshitter. It's like people have never encountered skilled liars. They are everywhere!

It's not possible to "erase" someone's history like that. Anyone who seriously studies the facts and the details soon sees there is nothing in his education claims but lies. Anyone with a college degree can produce ample evidence of it, independent of any official records. He has consistently failed to produce any real evidence for his nonsense story. Meanwhile, you can go down the the courthouse in Vegas and find out what he was really up to. It's all so stupid I dislike discussing it.

Interesting analysis of Bob's body language and speech patterns, which apparently seem to say that he's telling the truth:
I have to say, he is very believable.

Back