• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bob Lazar

I’m with those who suggest he was used for disinformation.

His dodgy background, his character (jet bike etc). He was probably promised his lack of qualifications wouldn’t be a problem given his obvious intellect and the parachuted into where they wanted him. As others have said, no way would you store all nine recovered disks in one location, far too risky. But he probably believes what he ‘saw‘ and what he was told.

He was a bullshit artist before he became famous. All his claims can be traced to information and speculation in the popular press of the time, albeit the nerdy end of the popular press. None of his claims have any foundation in verifiable fact. To the contrary, the facts all point to fraud of one kind or other. The more I learn about his principal enabler, "journalist" George Knapp, the more I hold him responsible for the hoax. His recent claims do nothing to make him look more credible.

Belief in Lazar's claims seems quaint these days, given the idiotic bullshit being swallowed by an alarmingly large segment of the population of the US. Flat Earth, Moon hoax, Q Anon, and so on. Droolers.

^ Do you have any links to info on Knapp and his hoax aspects.? Are you saying he orchestrated all of this Lazar stuff?

Knapp apparently did little or no background work before breathlessly presenting Lazar and his story on TV. He of course would have been worried about being "scooped" by a rival. The information about Lazar's past that was readily available, even to people who were not "investigative reporters" was damning. I can't imagine even Knapp going ahead with the story if he had known Lazar's true background. He's still pimping the story, too, in spite of the investigative work that was done by others. It can be argued that he had little choice but to stick with what he produced back in the 80s, but he is still a major disinformation agent when it comes to Lazar. It could simply be a case of denial on his part.

I'll repeat my recommendation to look at Tom Mahood's work. I consider it a must-read for anyone seriously interested in the Lazar story. It's not hard to find, but I'll see about getting a current link posted here, though I've probably already done that in this thread. I push Mahood's honest, original work in the same way Knapp pushes Lazar's bullshit. Having had some training in journalism, I know Knapp dropped the ball and did not do his job well at all. He seems to have swallowed Lazar's fantastic tale hook, line, and sinker.

Edit: Here's Mahood's main piece on the matter. Some of it is not for the squeamish.
https://www.otherhand.org/home-page...fire/the-bob-lazar-corner/the-lazar-timeline/

If I was running a beyond top secret scientific operation, a guy like Bob Lazar would be an absolute godsend: someone with the scientific knowledge to work on the project but with a dodgy enough seeming background that would make it easy to discredit him if he made any secret infi public.

If I was running a beyond top secret scientific operation, a guy like Bob Lazar would be an absolute godsend: someone with the scientific knowledge to work on the project but with a dodgy enough seeming background that would make it easy to discredit him if he made any secret infi public.
Lazar has said as much, in pretty much those same words. Thing is though, absolutely none of his claims have any connection to reality, beyond his minimal employment at Los Alamos, and at a low level at that. The fraud angle fits right in with the Lazar that emerges from the paper trail left by the two bit con artist which was the pre-fame Lazar. Read Mahood's timeline!

Knapp apparently did little or no background work before breathlessly presenting Lazar and his story on TV. He of course would have been worried about being "scooped" by a rival. The information about Lazar's past that was readily available, even to people who were not "investigative reporters" was damning. I can't imagine even Knapp going ahead with the story if he had known Lazar's true background. He's still pimping the story, too, in spite of the investigative work that was done by others. It can be argued that he had little choice but to stick with what he produced back in the 80s, but he is still a major disinformation agent when it comes to Lazar. It could simply be a case of denial on his part.

I'll repeat my recommendation to look at Tom Mahood's work. I consider it a must-read for anyone seriously interested in the Lazar story. It's not hard to find, but I'll see about getting a current link posted here, though I've probably already done that in this thread. I push Mahood's honest, original work in the same way Knapp pushes Lazar's bullshit. Having had some training in journalism, I know Knapp dropped the ball and did not do his job well at all. He seems to have swallowed Lazar's fantastic tale hook, line, and sinker.

Edit: Here's Mahood's main piece on the matter. Some of it is not for the squeamish.
https://www.otherhand.org/home-page...fire/the-bob-lazar-corner/the-lazar-timeline/

He's certainly done his homework on Lazar & leaves no doubt about him as a bullshitter & huckster.

His website is also full of other interesting stories quite apart from the Lazar stuff.

... I'll repeat my recommendation to look at Tom Mahood's work. I consider it a must-read for anyone seriously interested in the Lazar story. ...

Here's a solid fact for those still wondering whether Lazar's version of events is true ...

There's no way a formal security clearance would have been issued to any individual who'd self-described himself as Lazar did but who'd left a trail of evidence like Mahood describes.

The false data on personal achievements / affiliations and the bankruptcy / debt items are two of the biggest red flags that could possibly arise during the required background check / investigation.

Back in the 80s, an in-law of mine joined the military and was trained in the secure communications field. When he was finished with his initial training, the local buzz was about the FBI agents who poked around our little town asking all sorts of questions about the guy. I was not living there at the time, so I missed all the suits, but apparently the background check for ordinary stuff was quite extensive. You don't hire flakes to work on captured flying saucers. Lazar isn't even a physicist, by any stretch. There is zero evidence to support that claim, and a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Old Tom Mahood is an interesting character. He says the Lazar episode inspired him to learn more about physics, to the point of going back to college, getting another degree and launching a whole new career. So he actually is a physicist now. He has a lot of interesting articles on his site. I particularly like his adventures with GPS and historical USGS markers. His experiences in locating the crash site of an A-12 are well worth a read. There's lots more too. His site is a good rabbit hole for quarantine time.
https://www.otherhand.org/

There's lots more too. His site is a good rabbit hole for quarantine time.
https://www.otherhand.org/
Tom Mahood's research was always exceptional, none moreso than regarding his A-12 crash site investigation.

I duly concur with your recommendation.

It so happens, I have an original, text only, copy (version 1.0) of his online Lazar publication!

As I have previously highlighted, Lazar's 'flying saucer' is essentially the same as depicted in Billy Meier's hoax photos, which are in turn based on those 'flying saucers' which were a misconstrued image from Kenneth Arnold's pivotal account.

You could not have a more specious foundation.

There's some related material within my archives, which might be of interest:

[START]
This is a cleaned up log, of the United Kingdom UFO Network Saturday 4th October 1997 IRC meeting on #UFO with guest Stanton Friedman.

<MoonWatch> Do you believe Robert Lazar's story about working in area 51 on the alien propulsion systems with our government, he is a Physicist!

<Sean_J> Stanton are you ready for some questions now or would you like to carry on ?

<Stanton> Ready for questions indeed. Let me answer about Lazar. He is NOT a physicist, has no degrees, was not a scientist at Los Alamos.. good sincere conman.

<Stanton> His element 115 scheme is science fiction.
[END]

Another snippet maybe worth a mention:

[END]
This is a cleaned up log, of the United Kingdom UFO Network Saturday 11th April 1998 IRC meeting on #UFO with guest Kevin Randle.

[...]

<I-Knight> Kevin, do you believe any part of what Bob Lazar says about his work at Area 51? Stanton Friedman says he is a fraud but Bob Oeshler says he is genuine!

<KRandle> Boy, caught me in a bad one here. I have to side with Stan on this one. I talked to a man who worked with Lazar at Los Alamos. Said he was a technician and not a scientist.
[END]

This is from an interview with Lazar:

[START]
Greetings Fellow UFO Watcher's-- The following is a brief summary of the show "UFOs Tonite" in which host Don Ecker of UFO Magazine, interviews Robert Lazar...

Don: ...one of the big things that have been continually brought up is your apparent lack of academic credentials, a lot of people have been trying to find the academic credentials. I've seen people within the UFO field refer to you as Dr. Lazar..

Robert: I've heard that too. (laughs)

Don: And you've never stated that you hold a PhD, is that correct?

Robert: No, absolutely not, that's ridiculous.

Don: Your educational background up to this part. You have a masters?

Robert: Yes, in physics and electronic technology.

Don: OK, now how do you respond to the critics that claim that they have not with the exception of I believe one junior college, that these people have not been able to find any...

Robert: First of all... I don't respond. I am the one that brought that up..

Don: Ok...

Robert: That was part of my original concern and part of the reason that I went forward is because... essentially all of my background disappeared. Everything from birth certificates to past jobs to employment at Los Alamos so on and so forth, and it was only... well, it was when I contacted George Knapp and began telling him what was going on and apparently now people are bringing this up as it's... like it's brand new news. Hey Bob, your backgrounds gone, you know, it's uh... this is one of the first things I brought up even before I came out with the information. It was truly my concern about what was gonna happen in the future as far as my well being.
[END]

...Lazar's 'flying saucer' is essentially the same as depicted in Billy Meier's hoax photos...

Screenshot_20200408_225724_resize_12.jpg

IMG_20200408_225111_resize_64.jpg

This is from an interview with Lazar:

[START]
Greetings Fellow UFO Watcher's-- The following is a brief summary of the show "UFOs Tonite" in which host Don Ecker of UFO Magazine, interviews Robert Lazar...

Don: ...one of the big things that have been continually brought up is your apparent lack of academic credentials, a lot of people have been trying to find the academic credentials. I've seen people within the UFO field refer to you as Dr. Lazar..

Robert: I've heard that too. (laughs)

Don: And you've never stated that you hold a PhD, is that correct?

Robert: No, absolutely not, that's ridiculous.

Don: Your educational background up to this part. You have a masters?

Robert: Yes, in physics and electronic technology.

Don: OK, now how do you respond to the critics that claim that they have not with the exception of I believe one junior college, that these people have not been able to find any...

Robert: First of all... I don't respond. I am the one that brought that up..

Don: Ok...

Robert: That was part of my original concern and part of the reason that I went forward is because... essentially all of my background disappeared. Everything from birth certificates to past jobs to employment at Los Alamos so on and so forth, and it was only... well, it was when I contacted George Knapp and began telling him what was going on and apparently now people are bringing this up as it's... like it's brand new news. Hey Bob, your backgrounds gone, you know, it's uh... this is one of the first things I brought up even before I came out with the information. It was truly my concern about what was gonna happen in the future as far as my well being.
[END]
That's some brass, eh? Of course his background had not disappeared. It was all there, in its squalid glory, just waiting for someone with some time to spend in Las Vegas to find it. Like, you know, an investigative reporter or even an intern if Knapp couldn't be arsed. Which obviously he could not.

Aside from the ludicrous claims that Lazar was involved with reverse-engineering of a, 'flying saucer', which was always a misconception of Kenneth Arnold's inaugural report in the first place, consider the following.

From Tim Mahood's time-line documentation:

April 1990: RL was arrested in Las Vegas for pandering.

June 18, 1990: RL plead guilty to a felony charge of pandering in District Court.

According to the LV "Sun", "The guilty plea was part of a plea bargain in which the district attorney's office agreed not to pursue additional prostitution-related charges."

The story in the LV "Review-Journal" said RL met prostitute Toni Bulloch as a customer and helped her set up her business in the Newport Cove apartments on Tamarus Street.

The story also stated, "The records show that Lazar later helped Bulloch in setting up the business, that he did indeed keep computer records of customers, and that he also took at least a 50 percent share of her fees.

Lazar was also interested in recruiting other women into the operation, the records state."

Maybe care to read that last sentence again, re what his plans were before being caught..

'Vermin', some might say...

It is interesting that the term "flying saucer" is what many people think of when they heat the word "aliens" -that and the greys. The paradigm of UFOs as spaceships goes far back. Even McLoughlin when discussing the small discs flying up the sides of missiles during tests at White Sands, marveled at how small the occupants must be! We were unable to think them as drones at that point. Even the discs seen clearly flying over Portland in '47 by witnesses who had flown planes in WWII were described as having to be remote-controlled, given their maneuvers. The media and science fiction writers and illustrator got hold of it and it morphed into something removed from the phenomenon itself --just like the "airships" from before. In reality both descriptors were referring to a variety of types of objects and phenomenon. The neat thing about my encounter was that it tied everything together, perhaps intentionally. And now that the information about them is coming out from the Pentagon, etc., it just reinforces my original thoughts about the objects I saw; they apparently demonstrated active camouflage --or being visible or discharging energy in one direction only, and more. Then, going through those damn articles --that really put my experience into context.

Last edited:
I believe the ‘Saucer’ term was originally used to describe the skipping motion, not the shape of the objects. Tiny UFOs were most likely birds with white reflective plumage which is the best theory for the original sighting. (See Kenneth Arnold).

Good point! Also some airships were mentioned traveling with an undulating type of movement. I personally think Arnold's objects were probably alien devices. The objects flying up missiles were seen from many different observation stations simultaneously, ans so many UFO sightings were occurring there that they stopped reporting them. There was even a landing at Trinity site, iirc. --the descriptions are in the articles section "a controlled landing of a device from outer space" iirc. Soft robotics, metamaterials and morphing airframes and objects are also part of next gen technology being developed at NASA and elsewhere. The Lubbock Lights were attributed to "flying plovers" --very fast bright disc-shaped plovers if any at all.

Last edited:
I recently watched this YouTube video on Bob Lazar focusing on Bob's body language to gauge whether Bob was telling the truth.

The host is a bit irritating at first but it is well worth a watch if you have a spare hour to fill.

I recently watched this YouTube video on Bob Lazar focusing on Bob's body language to gauge whether Bob was telling the truth.

The host is a bit irritating at first but it is well worth a watch if you have a spare hour to fill.

I personally find Lazar to be quite believable. I want to believe him.

Last edited:
This material is now online:

“Las Vegas Review Journal” Tuesday, August 21, 1990 Page 2C

https://www.otherhand.org/home-page...bob-lazar-corner/lv-review-journal-8-21-1990/

“Las Vegas Review-Journal” Tuesday June 19, 1990 Page 8B

https://www.otherhand.org/home-page...bob-lazar-corner/lv-review-journal-6-19-1990/

Courtesy of:

The Bob Lazar Corner

https://www.otherhand.org/home-page.../bluefire-main/bluefire/the-bob-lazar-corner/

"According to police records, Lazar met Bulloch as a customer. At one meeting, they talked for several hours about UFOs and Lazar told her he had master’s degrees from two universities" .

"During his plea, Lazar at first only admitted that he had helped “modernize” the business of prostitute Toni Bulloch by doing some computer work.

When District Judge Jack Lehman asked prosecutor John Lukens if that admission would satisfy the state, Lukens replied that it wouldn’t. Lukens then detailed how Lazar operated Bulloch’s business at the Newport Cove apartments on Tamarus Street and Lazar eventually concurred".

"Police said Lazar videotaped customers and maintained records of their license plate numbers. Two of the Newport Cove apartments were connected with a hole cut through a wall".

A documented, proven liar.

I have now unearthed a rich vien of early relared material.

I have never seen any of it highlighted before.

This us from the Reno-Gazette Journal, 24 July, 1994.

So, nine saucers and meetings with beings from Zeta Reticuli, who influenced human evolution...

I merely pass this on for consideration.

I suspect there may be more insights to follow.

Screenshot_20200608_221340_compress78.jpg

Screenshot_20200608_221201_compress68.jpg

I think a US model kit company was putting out a plastic kit of a saucer Lazar supposedly saw and it was to come with a little comic-style version of his tale..No idea if it actually came out, this is just from memory. Was called "S-4 Saucer" or similar, the company was possibly Testors - they used to make kits of theoretical stealth planes and a few UFO's including one based on the dodgy Kaufman Roswell story.
They did. This is it. Fantastic Plastic

It is interesting that the term "flying saucer" is what many people think of when they heat the word "aliens" -that and the greys. The paradigm of UFOs as spaceships goes far back. Even McLoughlin when discussing the small discs flying up the sides of missiles during tests at White Sands, marveled at how small the occupants must be! We were unable to think them as drones at that point. Even the discs seen clearly flying over Portland in '47 by witnesses who had flown planes in WWII were described as having to be remote-controlled, given their maneuvers. The media and science fiction writers and illustrator got hold of it and it morphed into something removed from the phenomenon itself --just like the "airships" from before. In reality both descriptors were referring to a variety of types of objects and phenomenon. The neat thing about my encounter was that it tied everything together, perhaps intentionally. And now that the information about them is coming out from the Pentagon, etc., it just reinforces my original thoughts about the objects I saw; they apparently demonstrated active camouflage --or being visible or discharging energy in one direction only, and more. Then, going through those damn articles --that really put my experience into context.
Judging by the youth of Portland today I think they are quite Alien.

From the Salt Lake Tribune, 1 June, 1993.

Thoughts on this?

Screenshot_20200608_233546_compress96.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back