• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bob Lazar

Yeah - you need to learn how to scale your images to a reasonable size ...
You must surely be aware I always do, so please don't be so publicly patronising, insinuating I never have.

I can't see what's upsetting about this upload anyway, my copy is fine.

The last one was uploaded and posted at 4 times the size it is now. You'll recall this has happened before.

From the Salt Lake Tribune, 1 June, 1993.

Thoughts on this?
Not much of a story. The way it's phrased suggests it was scuttlebutt that he'd heard about, and not anything he actually saw. Also it seems to be missing context. 44 scientists? Why were they all there in person talking to the ETs? Why were the ETs paranoid about firearms when in a facility guarded by US servicemen? It's phrased like they suddenly started shooting people because they saw a guy carrying one. Not because they were actually threatened. That's a weird logical disconnect. Then again the article is phrased as if it's due to a breach of "courtesy" and presumably because the aliens had negotiated terms and felt the gun was a violation of their agreement? Feels like a tall tale. Killing people for what seems to have been a minor breach of protocol?

That's a weird logical disconnect. Then again the article is phrased as if it's due to a breach of "courtesy" and presumably because the aliens had negotiated terms and felt the gun was a violation of their agreement? Feels like a tall tale. Killing people for what seems to have been a minor breach of protocol?
Absolutely - It kinda is what it is, type of thing.

Make your own mind up!

I recently watched this YouTube video on Bob Lazar focusing on Bob's body language to gauge whether Bob was telling the truth.

The host is a bit irritating at first but it is well worth a watch if you have a spare hour to fill.

Very interesting and has given me pause for thought. He doesn’t actually see aliens though. Perhaps the room with the small seats and nothing else was just the engineers way of showing what a full size operational model would be like without having to create the entire crew compartment. If I see someone with a radio controlled model plane I don’t immediately assume it must have been built for tiny pilots, but rather it is a scale representation of the real thing.

I find Lazar likeable, especially now he’s older. But I also can’t help but think even going public would not protect his life if he were a true whistleblower on the biggest secret ever. There are just so many accidents he could have and that would be that, end of story. What consequence would there be? For example, he works with fireworks at his business, you don’t need to be a trained assassin to appreciate the scope for a Big Bang in that scenario ( a fireworks factory exploded in the UK a few years back).

Ever heard Lazar describe the supposedly captured nine flying saucers in this detail...?

Good find but it’s the same details he comes out with on the recent documentary with Jeremy Corbell. I also find the concept of human pilots flying them a bit hard to swallow, especially as he doesn’t talk about the necessary controls and that footage could very easily be a drone.

Towards the end of the Cold War the US were going all out to frighten the Soviets with the Star Wars defence initiative and stealth, knowing it would bankrupt the Russians to try to compete (which it effectively did). Letting them believe the US also had alien technology and could even operate it may have been all part of the game.

Good find but it’s the same details he comes out with on the recent documentary with Jeremy Corbell.
Critically, Lazar's stately, "typical UFO" is a product of the public misconception, regarding Kenneth Arnold's misconstrued report of elementally not 'saucer shaped' objects at all.

To recap, this was Arnold's statedly confirmed depiction of the objects observed:

IMG_20200707_184430_resize_78.jpg

It was, of course, all a result of Arnold explaining how the objects seemed to fly, 'like a saucer would if you skipped it across the water'.

It's known as an undulating flight.

The subsequent first reference to, 'flying saucers' appeared as a headline in the following, noted article.

This is a letter I received in 2003, never published previously and having now come to light, I guess has be addressed, although separately, under the appropriate Kenneth Arnold topic.

IMG_20200707_173838_resize_38.jpg

Lazar.. no scientific credentials, supposedly all having been obliterated, working at the forefront of scientific advancement on extraterrestrial technology, deciphering and "back engineering" a, 'flying saucer', in which he describes...

"UFOS are very typical, as far as a typical UFO is. It's two inverted dishes, two inverted pie plates, if you wish, with a hub on the top".

How many clues does it take...

Isn't it an odd metaphor? Why not like how a stone would if skipped across the water. Why bring saucers into it?

Isn't it an odd metaphor? Why not like how a stone would if skipped across the water. Why bring saucers into it?
Metaphors are often whatever the speaker happened to think about. I guess he didn't think about that.

The late Stanton Friedman, ufologist, claimed that Bob Lazar was a hoax.

Over the years I have given much thought for the man who introduced us to Area 51, Groom Lake, and area S-4 which housed our government crashed UFOs.

People called him crazy when he talked about element 115 in the 1980s.

But in 2003, element 115 was synthesized and was giving the name moscovium.

Bob claimed that element 115 bent light for invisibility, and powered the antimatter generators.

Bob claimed the inside of these UFOs looked liked it was made for small children and strangely void of instrumentation.

In my opinion, I believe that Bob Lazar is telling the truth.

He neither sought fame or fortune over they years, and only recently has he talked at a few UFO conventions.

What is your opinion?

Over the years I have given much thought for the man who introduced us to Area 51, Groom Lake, and area S-4 which housed our government crashed UFOs.

Bob claimed that element 115 bent light for invisibility, and powered the antimatter generators.

Bob claimed the inside of these UFOs looked liked it was made for small children and strangely void of instrumentation.

He neither sought fame or fortune over they years, and only recently has he talked at a few UFO conventions.

What is your opinion?
He comes across as plausible, but it's hard to tell.
There is a thread about him already, I seem to recall.

What is your opinion?
Predicting a gap in the periodic table like that is not that difficult. If it’s not discovered at any time you just say more time is needed. And element 115 has a vanishingly small half life so not really useful for powering any engines.

Nah - this is magic moscovium, that can power flying saucers, rather than decaying into nihonium in 0.65 seconds.

It's long been expected that the periodic table would continue upwards, that has just been mainstream science. However element 115 is not similar in properties to what Lazar claimed.

Element 115 and its basic structure were predicted long before it was successfully synthesized. It was given the placeholder name 'ununpentium' under IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) naming protocol in 1979 - years before Lazar ever claimed he'd ever been associated with Area 51.

I'm on the fence with Lazar.

But, one of the things that I've always found puzzling about his story is that he was asked about John Lear when he was interviewed for the job. According to Lear, Lazar was asked: "What do you think of John Lear?"

This seems very odd. If true, it shows that the US gov were aware of Lazar's friendship with Lear. Why would you employ someone to work on your Top Secret program to reverse engineer alien technology ,if they were friends with a very vocal UFO researcher/conspiracy theorist?

Surely this would flag up as a massive security risk?

It doesn't add up. Maybe Lear didn't recall this accurately? I'd certainly like to know Lazar's take on this...

Odds are that Lear's only evidence that Lazar had been asked about him (Lear) came from Lazar himself. This means Lazar may or may not have mentioned it for reasons other than conveying the truth (e.g., just to impress or ingratiate himself with Lear).

No security interview would have included questioning about a specific third party unless a background investigation had already been done on Lazar (and surfaced Lear's name) or Lazar's name had turned up in a similar investigation report on Lear himself (or perhaps a mutually connected party).

Agree. I've always considered it a possibility that Lazar was just making this up to 'show off' or ingratiate himself with Lear.

I've also always found Lear's tale of his reunion with Lazar at Lear's 65th birthday party odd too. Lear claims Lazar showed him a Los Alamos National Labs ID with Lazar's picture on it. Lear states Lazar told him he was back working for them! To my mind, this really starts to strain credibility. If the whole Lazar story is true, then why would they rehire someone who has caused so much trouble and proven to be untrustworthy?

Again, if Lear has recalled this correctly, this does seem like 'showing off' on Lazar's part...

It amazes me that people are still questioning Lazar's credibility when he has none.
As mentioned the king of flying saucers Stanton Friedman himself said he was a phony.
Lazar's background on education is a lie. No one recalls him nor are there records of him at the places he claims. He was also an average student in high school. He has nothing to show he's qualified as a physicist and his work record is not clear when he says he worked in an engineering capacity at Los Alamos. He has never produced any documents or pay stubs to show where he worked and the one that he did show was not properly filled in and many say he could have gotten a blank one and easily faked it.
Later in life he works for a brothel and has illegal substances at his science store.
But knowing what we know about him now....would you hire such a person to work on a top secret project with alien craft? Seriously?

It amazes me that people are still questioning Lazar's credibility when he has none.
As mentioned the king of flying saucers Stanton Friedman himself said he was a phony.
Lazar's background on education is a lie. No one recalls him nor are there records of him at the places he claims. He was also an average student in high school. He has nothing to show he's qualified as a physicist and his work record is not clear when he says he worked in an engineering capacity at Los Alamos. He has never produced any documents or pay stubs to show where he worked and the one that he did show was not properly filled in and many say he could have gotten a blank one and easily faked it.
Later in life he works for a brothel and has illegal substances at his science store.
But knowing what we know about him now....would you hire such a person to work on a top secret project with alien craft? Seriously?

This is not a topic about which I am well informed, but I distinctly recall hearing that his name had been found in a telephone directory of employees and he was listed as an outside contractor at Los Alamos.

Edit: mentioned upthread along with a contemporary newspaper article that describes him as a scientist there:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/bob-lazar.9313/page-4#post-1871994

Is this false?

This is not a topic about which I am well informed, but I distinctly recall hearing that his name had been found in a telephone directory of employees and he was listed as an outside contractor at Los Alamos.

Edit: mentioned upthread along with a contemporary newspaper article that describes him as a scientist there:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/bob-lazar.9313/page-4#post-1871994

Is this false?
Yes..I have heard of the telephone listing too (a different Lazar?) and the 'outside contractor' claim...but never seen any actual support of either,but would an outside contractor be a physicist... maybe an engineer (mechanical?)..which he claims to be yet he can't even produce evidence of a degree in engineering from what I understand and his education records don't show anything significant.
Of course he claims 'they' have erased his past to make him look like a liar. He has said this more than once. Really?
In all these years he has not come up with any evidence to support his claim nor has anyone ever come forward to say he has a physics degrees or recalls him from college or....anything for that matter. Surely he must have one thing to give credibility to his comments?

*I looked at the link you cited on Dr Krangle....don't know enough about who he is to say if that man is telling the truth...we only have his word..(no one else recalls Lazar..not even college profs and students? what about the hiring mgr at Alamos then?), and again if Lazar is really a graduated physicist why can't he produe his degrees and evidence of this? To me it all sounds like years of practice in being a con man and having a ready answer for all these problems.
BTW..I know about the 'body language' video above....has he ever taken a lie detector test (yes..we all know they can be faulty)? But if he's for real wouldn't he want to do that to bolster his claims?
And again..what really bothers me is would you hire a person like this to work at a top top secret govt facility when the world is full of top notch verified physicists? Why would they even look in his direction? He claims Dr Edward Teller helped him get in because they met once in a lobby somewhere and Dr Teller 'liked ' what they talked about. Would a man of that stature recommend a stranger for a secret job based on a brief chance meeting when no doubt Teller knew many real scientists already? Of course ..Lazar told this tale after Dr Teller was dead....how convenient.

Last edited:
Bob Lazar came out with terms in 1980’s like Groom Lake, Area 51, S-4, element 115, and antimatter generators that at that time was unheard off.

In the 1980’s these things were not common knowledge.

One has to to be reminded that the CIA did publicly acknowledge the existence of Area 51 until June 25, 2013.

Bob Lazar came out with terms in 1980’s like Groom Lake, Area 51, S-4, element 115, and antimatter generators that at that time was unheard off.

In the 1980’s these things were not common knowledge.

One has to to be reminded that the CIA did publicly acknowledge the existence of Area 51 until June 25, 2013.
As previously explained element 115 was a known unknown so that is nothing to be talking about that. Antimatter and things relating to it had been a staple of science fiction since at least the 1950’s. Area 51 was mentioned in documents from 1967 (but wouldn’t have presumably been talked about way before then) and Groom Lake was named as such in the nineteenth century and was photographed with U2 spy planes on it in the 1950’s.

Workers who got injured in flash fire 11/16/1998 went to court to sue Area 51 for medical help and money.

Federal District Court, Las Vegas, and then later on the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear this case citing Area 51 is a fairy land situation and it did not exist.

Today Area 51 is acknowledged, but President Bill Clinton made Area 51exempt from any safety and environment rules.

Workers who got injured in flash fire 11/16/1998 went to court to sue Area 51 for medical help and money.

Federal District Court, Las Vegas, and then later on the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear this case citing Area 51 is a fairy land situation and it did not exist.

Today Area 51 is acknowledged, but President Bill Clinton made Area 51exempt from any safety and environment rules.
Not sure what point you’re trying to make here? If it’s that a government keeps secrets some of which it may admit to at a later point then I agree with you.

Yes, the government has lots of secrets that FOIA sometimes makes them tell the truth.

From my past I know UFOs are real being close to one when I was younger.

The government will never give up this information.

Back