• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Body Found Under Hotel Bed

Zilch5

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Body found under hotel bed

The body of a missing mother was discovered under a Memphis hotel bed which had been rented out five times since she was last seen in the room six weeks earlier, US police said on Wednesday.
:shock:

The body was discovered on Monday "after a bad odour was reported in the room" according to a police press release posted online by WCMTV news.

"The room had been rented approximately five times and cleaned by the hotel staff numerous times" since she was reported missing on January 27, the statement said.

The bed's mattress and box spring are encased by a metal frame which sits directly on the floor, police said. The release did not specify exactly where in the bed the body was found.

A spokeswoman for the Memphis, Tennessee police department did not immediately return a request for comment.

Sony Millbrook was reported missing on January 27 after she failed to pick her children up from school.

Her family told police that they had checked the hotel where she had been living and Millbrook wasn't there.

A hotel employee told police that Millbrook had been seen about 7am and that while she had been locked out of the room for failing to pay, her belongings were still inside the apartment.

The case was transferred from missing persons to the homicide department a week later and detectives interviewed two clerks and a security guard at the hotel, the press release said. It did not indicate whether police examined the hotel room.

Millbrook's boyfriend was subsequently arrested on a gun violation and "remains a person of interest in this case", police said.

AFP

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/world/body-found- ... -qg5f.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez :shock:

At least the people who stayed there are never likely to know for sure they slept above a dead body.

No, this is much, much worse. As long as the hotel and room number are kept quiet, everyone who stayed in that city during the relevant time frame is going to be creeping out over it. The only people who know for sure are the ones who complained about the smell.

Yeh but how would anyone know unless they were associates of people who worked at the hotel/police/the victim and got info about which hotel and which room.

The only info is that the body has been there for six weeks. Doesn't say which hotel in Memphis for starters.

As I say, most people if they hear of this story and have been there in the last six weeks will have a horrible thought of 'What if...' but it is very unlikely that the people who were the unfortunate five that didn't complain about the smell will ever have their fears confirmed.

So the misery will be spread over six weeks worth of people rather than concentrating in the handful who know. Not knowing's always worse. That's why it kills a horror movie to see the monster too clearly.

I guess so yeh, I see your point. If they revealed the hotel/room the majority of people would be able to rule it out.

I always find something a little creepy* about hotel rooms anyway when you think of all the people who have been there previously.

* In the unsettling skin crawl way rather than Scooby Doo creepy.

I don't get it. Whether I was sure I'd slept/copulated inches from a corpse or just suspected it...would I care? No. Why would I? Sure, I'd think about it and think how creepy it is but I didn't do it by choice, and at the time I didn't know.

Do you guys really think it would freak you out? I think the whole thing would leave me largely unphased. I reckon I would just think "get over it" and have a bit of a laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one here who always checks under the bed whenever I stay in a hotel?

Usually I'm looking for money though.

I always immediately go to the mini bar and check out the minature spirits....until my wife tells me to put them back....then I check the TV channels, the clarity of the spy hole in the door, all while my laptop is powering up to check for wifi. I hate hotels, probably because work sticks me in them so often. A good breakfast goes a long way...if it's cooked it has to be made to order, dried up buffet style sucks.

Back