• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Body Modification (General; Miscellaneous)

Good lord

More filler needed.

1638642259682.png

1638642311514.png

Andrea Ivanova, a Bulgarian woman with the “biggest lips in the world,” is reportedly further enhancing her pout by having her lips injected for the 27th time this Christmas.

The 24-year-old, who hails from the city of Sofia, told Jam Press that she hopes the injections will help her look more like a Bratz doll.

“Many men from all over the world would write to me on my social media networks offering me money, trips and inviting me to meetings all the time,” she stated.

Ivanova has now clocked more than 9,000 followers on Instagram, with many fans enamored by her plump pout.

The purple-haired woman recently paid a visit to her doctor for a face lengthening and contouring procedure in order to alter the shape of her chin and jawline, costing her around $660.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she misunderstands things.

Men dont worry too much about what women look like; they are too interested in whether she is high maintenance or not, and is she interested in youknowwhat, and can she cook.

Women are interested in what women look like. (Obviously their choices may influence what men want)

I don't know how many men are writing to her, conceivably there are a small minority of man who are into women with cartoonishly big lips.

The rest, I dare say, are curious as to how those lips might functions in certain acts.

Yes, of course the Hippocratic oath. `Do no Harm`

But since these sorts are probably determined to have such things done, best not to have them do it themselves or go to an underground doctor.

You could say that such people are mentally ill, but are they?

Eccentric is not the same as Ill.
Well, yes, what I've bolded is one reason I agree with abortions being legal - not that I would refer to women needing abortions as 'these sorts'.

But surely there must be a limit, if the surgery is going to cause irreparable harm? What if it is on a temporary obsession due to a bereavement or something which the victim comes to regret?

Probably unanswerable moral conundrums.

Here's a more subtle, and grueling, form of body modification that's booming - leg lengthening to make one taller.
I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller

A growing number of men are undergoing a radical and expensive surgery to grow anywhere from three to six inches. The catch: It requires having both your femurs broken. GQ goes inside the booming world of leg lengthening. ...

The article includes an interview with a leg lengthening patient who'd ...

paid $75,000 for the agonizing privilege of having his legs surgically lengthened. That entailed having both his femurs broken, and adjustable metal nails inserted down their centers. Each nail is made of titanium, which is both flexible and sturdy, like bone, and about the size of a piccolo. The nails were extended one millimeter every day for about 90 days via a magnetic remote control. Once the broken bones heal, ta-da: a newer, taller John. ...

With a procedure like this, there are, of course, some caveats. All the height gain obviously comes from your legs, so your proportions can look a little weird, especially when you’re naked. Also, the recovery can be long and taxing. When we meet, the bones in John’s legs are not yet fully healed, and a small section of his right femur is still a little soft, like al dente spaghetti; the smallest stumble could snap a bone in two. ...

Then there’s the pain, which is relentless, ambient. The extension of the nails in his legs stretched the nerves and tissue around the bones—especially the thick, meaty muscles like the hamstrings—to an almost excruciating degree. He couldn’t walk for months. ...

Why would someone like John—handsome, confident, funny, a father to three—shell out for a procedure that costs more than a Tesla and results in months of agony for a couple of extra inches? ...
FULL STORY: https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening

That kind of surgery has been around for over 20 years.

Yes, the techniques have been available for some time now. The difference lies in the fact this procedure was previously used solely to correct orthopedic problems, whereas it's now being sought as a discretionary body mod option.

That kind of surgery has been around for over 20 years.
I remember a case from at least 35 years ago! A young man with dwarfism had his surgical adventure covered by the local paper.

As he worked in a high-street shop, he was known, at least by-sight, to all the town. The gruelling nature of his ordeal was spelled out over several follow-up stories. So far as I recall, the surgery achieved what was intended, adding just a few inches to his height. The problem was that he was still conspicuously short enough, for anyone unkind enough to make an issue of it to be undeterred from mockery. :dunno:

Yes, the techniques have been available for some time now. The difference lies in the fact this procedure was previously used solely to correct orthopedic problems, whereas it's now being sought as a discretionary body mod option.
And when there has been serious injury. Years ago I was having physio for a broken fibula and pulled ligaments. There was a woman who has the whole contraption on her one leg. It looks like medieval torture. Several weeks into my physio, she was celebrating that that day was when she could start weight bearing. After seeing her attitude, I never said anything about my pain (it wasn't much, but I had to work on healing and strengthening the ligament).

Under which circumstance will medical insurance pay for this?

I don't know of any medical insurance that will pay for discretionary cosmetic procedures. "John" - the patient profiled in the GQ article - had to self-finance his project (to the tune of circa $75,000 and a 5-year loan).

Here's a more subtle, and grueling, form of body modification that's booming - leg lengthening to make one taller.

FULL STORY: https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening
My step daughter had this procedure done on one of her legs. She has hemiplegic cerebral palsy and one of her legs was shorter than the other. This was made more pronounced after ankle surgery that straightened her turned in foot but fixed her ankle so it doesn’t have much range of movement. After years of having to wear prescription shoes with a large platform on one foot she was given the option of the leg lengthening procedure once she had reached adulthood and stopped growing. It was a lengthy involved procedure, quite painful at times, and her father had to be taught how to turn the screws in the frame every day.
It worked. Although she will always have one leg slightly shorter than the other it is significantly improved to how it was and she no longer has to wear prescription shoes.

My step daughter had this procedure done on one of her legs. ... Although she will always have one leg slightly shorter than the other it is significantly improved to how it was and she no longer has to wear prescription shoes.

Thanks for posting a real-world example of the situation for which the procedure was originally conceived and developed.

I modified my body to be a ‘black alien’ — now restaurants are scared to serve me

Anthony Loffredo, who calls himself the “black alien,” removed his ears, nostrils and even a few fingers; sharpened his teeth and dyed them purple; and covered his body in extreme tattoos.

black-alien-379.jpg

Now the Frenchman says he’s found one space where he can’t come in peace.

“If I want to eat at a restaurant, sometimes the server says I can’t eat on the terrace,” Loffredo, 33, recently [said].

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/i-mod...alien-now-restaurants-are-scared-to-serve-me/

maximus otter

I modified my body to be a ‘black alien’ — now restaurants are scared to serve me

Anthony Loffredo, who calls himself the “black alien,” removed his ears, nostrils and even a few fingers; sharpened his teeth and dyed them purple; and covered his body in extreme tattoos.

black-alien-379.jpg

Now the Frenchman says he’s found one space where he can’t come in peace.

“If I want to eat at a restaurant, sometimes the server says I can’t eat on the terrace,” Loffredo, 33, recently [said].

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/i-mod...alien-now-restaurants-are-scared-to-serve-me/

maximus otter
Jeez I wonder why? I can imagine kids screaming and running from him.

I sympathize with people who have had birth defects or catastrophic injuries and so live with ignorant stares and comments, but to have this done and then moan that he can't get service:rolleyes:. No sympathy here.

This is about allegations of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm (GBH) to willing victims.
Men were filmed being mutilated and other customers paid to see the videos.

It doesn't seem to be about money. Over six years the system only brought in about £200,000.
One is reminded of the infamous Operation Spanner.

‘Eunuch maker’ appears in London court on GBH charges

A man accused of carrying out castrations on other men and broadcasting the footage on his “eunuch maker” website has appeared in court.

Marius Gustavson, 45, along with eight others, is alleged to have performed extreme body modifications, including the removal of penises and testicles.

The procedures were filmed and uploaded to the website he ran and subscribers would pay to watch, Westminster magistrates court heard on Wednesday.

Gustavson, who is originally from Norway, is said to have been the ringleader in a wide-ranging conspiracy, involving up to 29 offences of extreme body modifications, the removal of body parts, the trade in body parts and the uploading of videos.

Back