• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bohemian Grove

Steveash5

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Aren't those damn owl worshippers meeting around now?

Are they? Where's my invitation then? And will Peter Stringfellow be there this year?

Pardon the colonial, but does 'owl worshipping' mean the same thing over there as it does over here?
:oops:

Probably wont get an invite this year, never call Henry Kissinger a tw@t after too many bevies, hes got no sense of humour.

What does 'owl worshipping' mean down there?

Here's the Schedule of Talks for this year's gathering.

"These Europeans: Do They Understand us? Or Anything?" sounds intriguing, as does "Island Conservation With Guns, Traps & Poison".

And if you haven't been invited to the Owl Worshipping, you can always join the protestors:
We need a big crowd to expose the corrupt, war mongering leaders of the New World Order.
Bohemian Grove Protest

escargot1 said:
I once saw a brilliant avatar on here - Bob the Bilderberger. :D

Can he fix it? Yes he probably can.

-----------
Posted on Mon, Jul. 24, 2006

Bohemian Grove retreat draws protest

ACTIVISTS USE EVENT TO NETWORK, RENEW LAGGING CAMPAIGNS

By Justin M. Norton
Associated Press

MONTE RIO - Hundreds of protesters gathered outside an exclusive California retreat for government and business leaders Saturday to challenge the right of a ``ruling elite'' to make policy decisions without public scrutiny.

The annual Bohemian Grove retreat has attracted powerful men such as Ronald Reagan, George Bush, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, philanthropist David Rockefeller, former West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

It's also become a magnet for all types of activists who increasingly use the event to network and organize their campaigns. Saturday's triple-digit heat didn't stop them from making the trek to Monte Rio, a resort town about 115 miles north of San Jose.

``I want to take a stand against war and many of the people gathering here are the people pulling the strings,'' said Maria Potter, 38, of Occidental. ``I don't feel it's fair for them to take refuge when others can't.''

Protesters listened to an Indian drum ensemble and speakers and planned to march to the front of the retreat before an afternoon get-together.

For more than a quarter century, summer protests under the towering redwoods here have been a magnet for committed activists. Protesters say the event is quickly becoming a networking spot for leaders from the peace, environmental and immigrant rights movements.

The protests peaked at about 1,000 in 2001 before attendance dropped off. Protesters say interest has picked up in the past two years as activists realized they needed to work together on the waning anti-war movement and immigrants rights.

``Because they are up there networking and getting stronger, we need to network, too,'' said Mary Moore, 71, who has helped organize the event since 1980. ``The idea is for people to get together and realize we have a common antagonist.''

Protesters turned to anti-war march organizer Act Now to Stop War and End Racism for help with this year's protest, hoping the group could beef up the anti-war movement.

``What we're trying to do is build a broad grass-roots action,'' said Bill Hackwell, an ANSWER organizer based in San Francisco.

The men who attend the Bohemian Grove retreat spend two weeks performing plays, eating gourmet camp grub, listening to speakers and power-bonding at the 2,700-acre compound near the Russian River in Sonoma County.

The retreat is organized by the exclusive San Francisco-based Bohemian Club. The club and event are shrouded in mystery, much like Yale University's most-famous secret society, Skull and Bones, whose members include President George W. Bush and his presidential rival Sen. John Kerry.

A Nevada man who called himself ``the Phantom Patriot'' was found guilty of five felonies in recent years after he broke into the grove to stop what he thought were human sacrifices and child abuse.

Matt Oggero, the Bohemian Club's general manager, said a guest list would not be released to protect visitors' privacy, but the organization ``respects the right of the protesters to protest.''

Bill Strubbe, 51, drove several hours to the protest from Oakland in a 1980 red Volvo covered with painted slogans like ``those who would give up their liberties for security deserve neither.'' Strubbe said he uses his car as ``a political weapon.''

``I go to practically every demonstration within 100 miles,'' Strubbe said. ``This is probably the highest concentration except for the G-8 of the `lizard people' as I like to call them.''

/www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/15109314.htm

"These Europeans: Do They Understand us? Or Anything?" sounds intriguing, as does "Island Conservation With Guns, Traps & Poison".

Sounds like they're trying to keep that special relationship with the UK.....

Apparently bliar is at the grove now, it's a funny crowd he chooses to associate with iirc they were considered to weired and sinister to associate with by Nixon ! That's not a label someone who is allegedly on the left would choose normally but he is probably blinded by the size of his Carlyle group pay cheque, from what I read about his kids they will need his largess for years to come :twisted:

All old growth redwood groves ought to be preserved as parks not used as urinals by a bunch of nature hating fascists who would gladly cop down 20' diameter, 350' tall ,1200 year old trees for toothpicks if there was money in it.Funny how they support the lumber companies still cutting old growth redwood & then choose to holiday in a pristine grove.The hypocrasy.

waitew said:
All old growth redwood groves ought to be preserved as parks not used as urinals by a bunch of nature hating fascists who would gladly cop down 20' diameter, 350' tall ,1200 year old trees for toothpicks if there was money in it.Funny how they support the lumber companies still cutting old growth redwood & then choose to holiday in a pristine grove.The hypocrasy.

:lol: I have no doubt that some of these guys would sell out their own mother if their was money to be made.

For those interested there was a video at Jone's website, infowars.com, about a year or so ago that showed Jones and several others sneaking into the Grove and interviewing a few people and then videotaping the Moloch owl ceremony. It was kind of funny and didn't reveal any evil cartel secrets. To me it just looked like a bunch of old rich ex-frat guys letting their hair down. Jones was trying to make it sound ominous as he filmed things but it was too funny.
IMO, Jones ( and Icke for that matter) has latched onto this whole evil NWO conspiracy area to make a buck and name for himself.

Has anybody seen the specials this Alex Jones footage was put into? Did it look like the sacrifice was something moving?

A direct link to the site:

http://www.infowars.com/bg_story_template.html
Suddenly, (again, we had initially been misdirected from the owl by the activities behind the curtains across the bank, then we were paying attention to the owl and the priests on the island ) back on the west bank, there was an old-fashioned river-style boat, with that grim reaper character who had been driving the wagon, and he was poling himself across the water with the bound body up on the bow.

He brought the bound body to the high priest who was waiting for it at the foot of the owl, at the bottom of large circular steps on which the owl sits. Then, in very macabre fashion, the two black-clad priests rubbed and caressed the sacrificial body and brought it before the owl.

The body begged for its life, over a speaker system. They refused it mercy. They took it up onto the altar. The "great owl" told them to burn the body (which they called "dull care,")which looks like a human wrapped up in black cloth. Right above the altar there was a large stone lamp that was burning that they call the "eternal flame." The high priest took an unlit torch and lit his torch with this flame.

The body again begged for mercy. The high priest then walked down (with some difficulty, because this high priest was so old, he could hardly even walk), and lit the pyre on fire. He began to say that he would read the signs in the remains, a deep occult tradition. This is not the Hollywood devil with red pajamas – this is the real deal, Babylon mystery religion-style.

The body continued to scream in pain. Suddenly, all of those little metal crosses that we had seen along the bank during the day burst into flame. So, I was there witnessing something right out of the medieval painter Hieronymus Bosch’s Visions of Hell: burning metal crosses, priests in red and black robes with the high priest in a silver robe with a red cape, a burning body screaming in pain, a giant stone great-horned owl, world leaders, bankers, media and the head of academia engaged in these activities. It was total insanity.

I actually saw the whole video he is referring to in that quote and its impossible to tell from that distance what was going on as far as sacrifices There were at least 200 people around there and I can't honestly believe they would really murder anyone. Most of the people there were just rich upper class guys who liked being members of an exclusive club.
I don't think they would be so stupid as to kill someone openly and jeopardize their creature comforts.
:roll:

The gentlemen's club for the rich and famous that worships a 1980s Page 3 girl

A former British topless model has become the extraordinary obsession of members of America’s most illustrious and secretive men's club, which is trying to track her down in time for its 100th anniversary party next month.

The Bohemian Grove Club holds an annual summer camp at which members, who include Henry Kissinger, former President George Bush Senior, Clint Eastwood and Bob Weir, founder member of Sixties rock band the Grateful Dead, debate world politics, perform weird mock Druid ceremonies – and, it turns out, ogle a poster of a blonde in a thong.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that she is one-time Bond girl and 1976 Miss Wales, Sian Adey-Jones, 49, whom we have tracked down to Ibiza.

Having posed for the poster in 1980 at the height of her career as a Page 3 pin-up and appeared in the 1985 007 film A View To A Kill, she now lives on the island with her Italian husband Rocco, son Dylan, 14, and adopted daughter Tallulah, four.

She was bemused to learn that some of America's wealthiest men wanted to "honour" her with a black-tie dinner at the club’s 2,700-acre forested compound north of San Francisco this summer.

Since club rules ban all women except those employed to work at events, they cannot invite Sian herself.

Instead, they want her to send them a "formal greeting" – with a current picture of herself.

Sian said: "I'm flattered to be in the hearts and minds of such important people but my modelling career is in the past now. And, since they are so secretive, how do I know if this will be a nice gentlemen’s dinner or men leaping around doing weird and distasteful things in a forest?"

The £5,000-a-year club's strict code bans its 2,300 members from discussing its activities but, speaking on condition of anonymity, the 25 members leading the hunt for Sian assured us that their intentions were honourable.

One of them, a California financier, said: "The poster hangs on the outside wall of a cabin in an area of the camp called Skidoo and has become rather famous throughout the club because of the artistic photography and the beauty of the subject.

"This summer will be the 100th anniversary, so we thought a black-tie dinner honouring her would be a nice thing to do.

"We would like to read out a message from her, maybe something along the lines of Miss Adey-Jones saying, "I am glad I could improve on your ambience."

"And we'd like a current snapshot, which we'll show alongside the poster. We just want to do something nice for a woman who has meant so much to us."

Though the poster has been displayed at the camp for 27 years, the members had no idea of Sian's identity and asked California internet expert Raymond Lopez to help.

He said: "Someone thought she was the former British model Caroline Cossey, who was a Bond girl in For Your Eyes Only.

That would have been fascinating because Caroline is a transsexual who was born a boy but when I found her in Atlanta, where she now lives, she said, "I hate to disappoint you but it's Sian Adey-Jones."

"The organisers of the Miss Wales competition in 2004 had held an event with former winners but Sian didn't participate so they couldn't help.

"Finally, we got a number for Sian's mother in Wales but, maybe because of the time difference, she never replied to our messages. With the dinner fast approaching, members have been worrying that they were running out of time."

Next month's dinner will be preceded by traditional club rituals, which include an arcane Druid rite, the Cremation of Care, in which torch-wielding men in crimson robes burn an effigy representing the cares of the world and high-living that they leave behind for 17 days.

They insist the idea is to concentrate on lofty discussions about the state of the world. But Sian said she needed to be convinced.

"This sounds like rich and famous men banning women so they can run around like Boy Scouts," she said.

A club spokesman said the members seeking Sian were "very nice fellas". He added: "It sounds like a sweet idea and if she sends them a greeting, they will be as pleased as a bunch of boys could possibly be."

• They dress as women and get drunk

The Bohemian Grove Club has been called the world's most exclusive old boys' club.

Tony Blair, John Major and Prince Philip have reputedly been guests at the California estate where its 2,300 luminaries meet twice a year – for a long weekend in May and 17 days in July – under a veil of secrecy.

They are lodged in clusters of log cabins, including the Skidoo Encampment, where Sian's image is hung.

With a combined worth estimated at £50billion, they say their goal is to "draw inspiration from nature" while they hammer out new solutions to world problems.

Visitors have reported, however, that their rituals include getting "howling drunk", dressing up as women and burning an effigy called "Care" under a giant statue of an owl. Peter Phillips, a sociology professor who has been a guest at the club, insists:

"It's all very tongue-in-cheek." Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger delivers a breakfast lecture every July on topics that have included the Iraq War.

"Part of the tradition is that Henry should be interrupted at the start of his talk by a Mexican band," says a member. "After they play a tune, the band withdraws and Henry continues."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1811

Phew! Welsh Rarebit leaves elite hungry for more, Sian-tastic etc

A page 3 girl? Is anybody else disappointed that the most influential men in the world can't set their sights on a higher calibre of jazz star? Who do they think they are - footballers?

That's too funny.........rich farts hung up on some old pic.

:lol:

If Bohemian Grove's attendees are drawn from the rich and powerful has anyone identified the people in those black and white pictures showing the hanged effigy, the man lying down and the possible bundled child?

If Bohemian Grove's attendees are drawn from the rich and powerful has anyone identified the people in those black and white pictures showing the hanged effigy, the man lying down and the possible bundled child?
Those are the people who applied for jobs.

There's an Alex Jones thread here of course...and he was one of the first to actually try and investigate the Bohemian Grove onsite by sneaking into the place. There's an actual video of him doing this which is quite funny at times.
They were not allowed in so they parked down the road and hiked through the woods to get in. They did get video of the alleged 'Owl' ritual...whatever the hell it's supposed to be. I can't say his piece impressed me and in the end it was a bunch of rich guys drinking and scewing around.

Clarence Thomas at Bohemian Grove.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bohemian Grove, an all-male club for the rich and powerful, is in the news after it was reported that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas visited the retreat with a billionaire friend.

A report by investigative news outlet ProPublica revealed that Justice Thomas accepted luxury trips around the world from billionaire Republican donor Harlan Crow. This included a visit to the Bohemian Grove.

Located in remote Sonoma County, north of San Francisco, Bohemian Grove's exclusivity and secrecy has inspired both protests and conspiracy theories.

The club that runs the retreat insists that business talk is forbidden. But reports say some of America's most powerful men have cut deals and networked amid an odd assortment of performances and rituals at the 150-year-old club. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65217165

Back