• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
"Patna city's top police official, Manu Maharaj, said he was told by police inspectors on Tuesday that much of that liquor had been lost to rats.

Police have now ordered an inquiry to examine these claims."

How many legs did those rats have? :twisted:
Yeah, bit suspicious.

Tales From the Gangesbank

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin, my dearly-beloved.

One day, Hamza the Hamster called on his chum Ramji the Rat to borrow some confiscated alcohol.

"Hello, Ramji. How are things?"

"Very dry, Hammy. Too dry. Not had a snort for weeks!"

"But everyone says you got the Patna stash! Don't hold out on me!"

"The dirty rats! You can't trust nobody on this stinking riverbank no more . . . "

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. Meanwhile here is an interval film of a sacred cow making a cow-pat out of a cow-pat.

:BS:

Last edited:
Rats do like sugary things. I had a pet rat who would virtually dance for joy when given a piece of doughnut.

Cousin Jack beer named after Exeter Chief player Jack Nowell raises £6K for RNLI
By Oli_Vergnault | Posted: May 05, 2017

15987071-large.jpg

Newlyn's Exeter Chief rugby star Jack Nowell with RNLI crew and a pint of Cousin Jack which
has helped raise £6,000 for the charity.

A charity beer named after Cornwall's favourite rugby son has raised thousands of pounds for a life-saving charity.
More than 100,000 pints of the Cousin Jack Ale - named after Newlyn's Exeter Chief player Jack Nowell - has raised more than £6,500 for the RNLI through the St Austell Brewery Charitable Trust.

The traditional Cornish Pale Ale, which was crafted on St Austell Brewery's Small Batch Brewery, was launched in January to coincide with the start of the Six Nations Rugby tournament, with 5p from every pint going to the RNLI.

Rising rugby star Jack Nowell, who was recently named on the forthcoming British and Irish Lions tour of New Zealand, became St Austell Brewery's Charitable Trust ambassador in 2016.
Jack's father is a trawlerman and the family have had a close connection with their local Penlee RNLI lifeboat for many years.
Jack said: "A big thank you to everyone who enjoyed a pint of Cousin Jack. It's a great amount raised for the RNLI through the Charitable Trust, thanks to this success I hope we can make it a yearly event."

Ellie Walker, community fundraising manager at the RNLI, said: "We're pleased St Austell Brewery and Jack Nowell have supported us in such a fantastic way. The Cousin Jack beer has been hugely successful and an enjoyable venture for everyone.
"Jack is a great ambassador for the RNLI and St Austell Brewery, we're very lucky to have their support and we're very much looking forward to working with them again in the future."

The ale, which was sold in pubs throughout the Westcountry, sold more than double the amount anticipated by the brewery, making the beer a real success.
Martin Breading, national sales director for St Austell Brewery, said: "Jack chose to support the RNLI through the Cousin Jack beer and the success of it has been phenomenal. The sales far exceeded our expectations and we hope to do something similar next year to continue raising money for charities through our charitable trust."
The funds from the beer will be used for vital training and equipping the RNLI's volunteer crews.

Ms Walker added: "The money raised will directly support the RNLI's lifesaving work in the South West."

http://www.cornwalllive.com/cousin-...-6k-for-rnli/story-30312738-detail/story.html

'Cousin Jack' is a general term for any Cornishman. Similarly 'Cousin Jill' refers to any Cornishwoman.
Jack Nowell is Cornish, and is famous in rugby circles. When I first moved to Falmouth, the landlady of my adopted local was Cornish, and her name really was Jill!
:)

Another Westcountry gin I'd never heard of:
This Devon-made gin has just been named the best in the WORLD!
By RA_Herald | Posted: May 18, 2017

A Devon-based gin firm is officially the best in the world.

Salcombe Distilling Company, based in South Devon, won two awards at the San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2017, one of the most prestigious spirit events in the world.

The company, who produce Salcombe Gin, won first place in both the World Spirit Competition and the Beverage Testing Institute awards.

salcombe%20gin122334.png

Salcombe Gin co-founders Angus Lugsdin and Howard Davies

Co-founder Angus Lugsdin said: "We are ecstatic our Gin is now being recognised internationally, an incredible accolade after all the hard work of the past year.
"Our main objective is to produce an exceptional hand crafted gin and we strive for perfection in every step of the process.
These awards are a real testament to our ethos and hardworking team in Salcombe, Devon."

The company, who create Salcombe Gin, beat 2,252 other spirit entries from all corners of the globe to claim first place in the World Spirit Competition. :D
In addition, the Beverage Testing Institute in America has awarded Salcombe Gin 'Start Point' a Platinum Medal adding to their ever increasing and now international collection of awards.

Powered by the Beverage Testing Institute, the Tastings.com International Review of Spirits is America's oldest annual international spirits competition and has been operated objectively for 24 years.
Salcombe Gin was described as 'superlative' and was awarded the highest possible rating with a score of 96/100.

etc...

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/it-...in-the-world/story-30340798-detail/story.html

Start Point is a famous English Channel headland to the east of Salcombe harbour.

Another Westcountry gin I'd never heard of:
This Devon-made gin has just been named the best in the WORLD!
By RA_Herald | Posted: May 18, 2017

A Devon-based gin firm is officially the best in the world.

Salcombe Distilling Company, based in South Devon, won two awards at the San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2017, one of the most prestigious spirit events in the world.

The company, who produce Salcombe Gin, won first place in both the World Spirit Competition and the Beverage Testing Institute awards.

salcombe%20gin122334.png

Salcombe Gin co-founders Angus Lugsdin and Howard Davies

Co-founder Angus Lugsdin said: "We are ecstatic our Gin is now being recognised internationally, an incredible accolade after all the hard work of the past year.
"Our main objective is to produce an exceptional hand crafted gin and we strive for perfection in every step of the process.
These awards are a real testament to our ethos and hardworking team in Salcombe, Devon."

The company, who create Salcombe Gin, beat 2,252 other spirit entries from all corners of the globe to claim first place in the World Spirit Competition. :D
In addition, the Beverage Testing Institute in America has awarded Salcombe Gin 'Start Point' a Platinum Medal adding to their ever increasing and now international collection of awards.

Powered by the Beverage Testing Institute, the Tastings.com International Review of Spirits is America's oldest annual international spirits competition and has been operated objectively for 24 years.
Salcombe Gin was described as 'superlative' and was awarded the highest possible rating with a score of 96/100.

etc...

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/it-...in-the-world/story-30340798-detail/story.html

Start Point is a famous English Channel headland to the east of Salcombe harbour.

The Queen Mum informs me that she still prefers Gordons and Cork Dry Gin.

Sent from my iOuija.

The Queen Mum informs me that she still prefers Gordons and Cork Dry Gin.

Sent from my iOuija.
Well, she would never have tried Salcombe gin, as it only went into production last year! :p

(Unless spirits have access to spirits...:rolleyes:)

44% proof. Not enough to prove that spirits exist, sorry.

Furtwangler v2.0 is upon us!

It's a potent beast - "rocket fuel" was the first thing that sprang to mind. I was trollied after two pints.

19620240_10154591532120718_7293104131803198970_o.jpg

One is reminded of the Goodies' "Lager Free Alcohol" sketch...

Do more 'in the mouth' testing. That'll tell you the alcohol content. :drink:

The favourite drink of orangemen & their supporters seems to be Buckfast.

But the money from that goes to the Monks!

And a percentage of that goes to the Vatican!

Francis sends his thanks!

I've got a feeling there's going to be a well-advertised auction of some very well aged Madeira ...

MUSEUM FINDS CASES OF 2-CENTURY-OLD WINE IN ITS CELLAR

A restoration project at a New Jersey museum unearthed cases of wine nearly as old as the United States.

The Liberty Hall Museum in Union says it discovered almost three full cases of Madeira wine, a fortified wine, dating to 1796 while restoring its wine cellar. NJ.com (http://bit.ly/2sHP4uh ) reports the museum also found 42 demijohns - large glass jugs sometimes used for holding spirits - dating to the 1820s.

The museum said the monetary value of the wine cannot be made public. ...

Liberty Hall President John Kean said he sampled the wine. He compared it to a sweet sherry. ...

SOURCE: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-07-10-15-40-41

I learned how to make a Baby Guinness yesterday ... it's the same method as making an Irish coffee but the ingredients are different ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Guinness

... one customer went a bit mental after slamming a few so I had to get him out of the bar .. I was doing a good job of it until a barmaids boyfriend grabbed the bloke by the arm and through him through the air onto the pavement outside .. fortunately I'd opened both doors already because I thought the customer might punch me. It's a tasty drink though.

Last edited:
Wow, this bar you work in sounds a bit rough.

Swifty is so nails he once barred Chuck Norris for farting at the bar.

I bet he doesn't.

..... Cricket bat maybe.
I keep my cricket bat for no other reason...plus it has just the right curve to the blade, suggesting many balls hit the middle. So Swifty's not borrowing it.

We used to have a hockey stick behind the counter at my last job but I never had to use it ... or have a fight with anyone .. I'd just crash them a fag and go for an unsanctioned break with them instead and talk to them nicely and listen ..

I'm posting this here because before it's over this discovery might portend the next evolutionary leap in alcohol usage ...

Fish sauced? Goldfish turn to alcohol to survive icy winters
Scientists have decoded the secrets behind a goldfish's ability to survive in ice-covered lakes.

They've worked out how and why the fish turn lactic acid in their bodies into alcohol, as a means of staying alive.

Some goldfish were found to have levels well above legal drink-driving limits in many countries. ...

FULL STORY: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-40899192

Hang on - yoghurt for breakfast?.. Is that even allowed in this country? There are standards we should adhere to..

True. Whisky marmalade would be far more British...or opiated kedgeree for those mornings when you're hankering after an Anglo-Indian vibe.

Last edited:
Back