Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
appealing, very appealing.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A friend of ours is a gin fancier (as are we) who tries every available gin that comes on the market. Australia has a lot of home grown gins, some exceptional and she recently mentioned this one from Tasmania on her Instagram feed.

Poltergeist Gin - a true spirit.
poltgin.jpg

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
A friend of mine refers to white wine as 'lady petrol' . It doesn't seem to upset the females he's serving it to. He's a Navy bloke.

Edit: Supplementary question. If the suppliers have already decided risque names were not economically wise why would CAMRA need to ban them? Mind you, I always thought CAMRA were a bunch of tweed-encrusted snobs more interested in sniffing the ale instead of actually drinking it in any sensible quantity, but that might just have been the local branch where I grew up.

And bitter beer is not supposed to be citrusy. I've given up on the progressively more inoffensive flavours of beer and resorted to Guinness. Courage Directors used to be so dry and bitter you needed a drink afterwards. Never been the same since they stopped brewing in London.

Oops, sorry, got on one of my hobbyhorses there.
Apart from Abbot, and Bishops finger, Tourettesbloodyshittybitter is one to look out for.:boozing:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
258 Year Old Cognac Sells At Auction For £118,580

Cognac

The spirit dates back to 1762 and has been stored in a family cellar for the past 140 years. It should still taste good, Sotheby's auction house said.

The bottle was bought by a private collector in Asia and has set a record for the most expensive bottle of Cognac sold at auction, Sotheby's added.

It is one of only three bottles of the rare Gautier Cognac still in existence.
Seems a bargain compared with a bottle of The Macallan 1926 which sold last year for £1.5 million.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Pope says Scotch whisky is the real holy water:
News story

The Vatican weren't happy, and had the quip cut from a TV documentary. Can't imagine Pope Francis boozed up, to be honest.