• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Don't forget their never-ending supply of Vodka and Zywiec beer!! :)

And that fine Polish actor, Joseph Tura.
images-w1400.jpg

Don't forget their never-ending supply of Vodka and Zywiec beer!! :)
I recently gave someone a gift of bottle of posh Polish vodka. She said 'Ohhh, this is nice! Smooth!' :)
'Smooth' isn't what I'd call any make of vodka but each to their own, eh.

I recently gave someone a gift of bottle of posh Polish vodka. She said 'Ohhh, this is nice! Smooth!' :)
As long as it's served with orange juice, who cares! :) (Harvey Wallbanger!!)

Smooth Polish vodka ? Maybe the potato peelings were washed first.

As long as it's served with orange juice, who cares! :) (Harvey Wallbanger!!)
I was told the secret is to drink the spirit, then drink the orange or whatever straight away, before taking a breath. Letting air over your throat after the spirit is not a good idea.
I was given a bottle of Polish pure spirit with these instructions. We put some in a Smirnoff bottle for someone who often took it neat. The results were instructive.
(We made sure it was a capital “P” on the label.) :)

I was told the secret is to drink the spirit, then drink the orange or whatever straight away, before taking a breath. Letting air over your throat after the spirit is not a good idea.
I was given a bottle of Polish pure spirit with these instructions. We put some in a Smirnoff bottle for someone who often took it neat. The results were instructive.
(We made sure it was a capital “P” on the label.) :)
Then don't ever try the Polish Spirytus - it's homemade liquor, that will take your breath away!

Then don't ever try the Polish Spirytus - it's homemade liquor, that will take your breath away!
A colleague of mine was given what I believe was that a while ago. He'd put it in a pop bottle for disguise.

If you can get it, try Zytnia (rye vodka) or Żubrówka (flavored with bison grass).
Spirytus Rektyfikowany is literally pure grain alcohol, around 96% abv (although a 75.5 version is available). Drinking it straight can literally be fatal.

Woman smashes up alcohol worth £10,000 during racist tirade in Aldi, Stevenage, Herts;

Woman smashes up alcohol worth £10,000 during racist tirade in Aldi, Stevenage, Herts;

And the other shoppers just filmed it instead of stopping the nutter?

I see Ms. Alvarez was fined £5,000 - just half of the damage she caused.

I think this happened quite some time ago though didn't it?
She sustained injuries commensurate with falling into broken glass too.
And yes, people don't want to get involved, but I think that is because she was obviously nuts, and people don't want to get involved with a nut.
Sorry, I say 'nut' when what I really mean, of course, is 'someone with obvious serious mental health issues'.

EDIT - full story here. Credit to the woman, at least, for admitting her guilt and apologising for her actions.
https://www.thecomet.net/news/crime/aldi-bottle-smashing-stevenage-sentencing-8629690

There is a restaurant in town, which has put up a sign saying "Perhaps the coldest beers in town."
If the best you can say about your beers is that they are really cold, I'll go elsewhere I think.

There is a restaurant in town, which has put up a sign saying "Perhaps the coldest beers in town."
If the best you can say about your beers is that they are really cold, I'll go elsewhere I think.

Perhaps they're really cold.

Perhaps they're really cold.
The thing is, if I was in Australia and I'd been cycling all day (or working in a warehouse in Sydney, which I did for a few months), that's exactly what I'd look for.

I usually drink wine but if I do have a beer at the end of a hard day, I want it cooooolllddd! And the first one always go down really well...

It's a play on Carlsberg's 'Probably the best lager in the world.'

I know, but there is an optimum temperature. It's not better the colder it is.

As the mountaineers say ... Because it's there ... :bored:
World's largest bottle of whiskey up for auction in Scotland

The world's largest bottle of whiskey, verified by Guinness World Records as holding 82.16 gallons of single-malt Scotch, is set to be auctioned in Scotland.

The Intrepid, a 5-foot, 11-inch tall bottle of 32-year-old whiskey from The Macallan Distillery, was certified as the world's largest bottle of whiskey after it was bottled by Duncan Taylor Scotch Whisky in 2021. ...

The behemoth bottle of booze is now scheduled to be auctioned May 25 by Edinburgh-based Lyon & Turnbull.

The auction house said the bottle could set a new world record for the most expensive bottle of whiskey if it fetches a high bid exceeding $1.9 million.
SOURCE (With Video): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/0...gest-bottle-of-whiskey-auction/1571651171746/

Back