Borley Rectory

_Danforth_

Junior Acolyte
@Rabbit Will Run: what a find!!

I was listening to an Unexplained podcast the other day and it talked about the "pre Harry Price" era of Borley Rectory. The host mentioned that it was on the border of Essex and Suffolk. "Oh, like Bures" I thought, having once spent a weekend there and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I'd known Bures and Borley Rectory were that close, I'd have excused myself from the party for a couple hours for a mini pilgrimage to the site :D

Dick Turpin

Devoted Cultist
@Rabbit Will Run: what a find!!

I was listening to an Unexplained podcast the other day and it talked about the "pre Harry Price" era of Borley Rectory. The host mentioned that it was on the border of Essex and Suffolk. "Oh, like Bures" I thought, having once spent a weekend there and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I'd known Bures and Borley Rectory were that close, I'd have excused myself from the party for a couple hours for a mini pilgrimage to the site :D

Perhaps one of the best ways to explore Borley, is to wait until the Village has its summer fete.

For obvious reasons the locals then embrace visitors, and are used to strangers walking around and exploring the village.

I’m not sure if the fete is held every year, and I don’t think its advertised online, but give it a few months and I’ll check the local rag every week, and if I see it advertised I’ll post the date on here.

Capt Gregson would have been proud. 70 years on and Borley is still making money like a Ghost Disneyland.
Just sad he went for the fast buck from the Insurance and deprived the rest of us who are genuinely interested in the place the chance of actually seeing it.

HP wasn't exactly innocent either, with his Flying Brick quoted above, pocket full of stones, and where did you get that skull Harry?

Shame is I really think BR was a great opportunity to study these things, but there's so much dodgy goings on as well it all gets lost in the glamour of the MHHIE.

CW.
For me, the delicious twist in this tale is the fact that one can't go and see it now.